CONFIRMED Martyn Woolford

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I was on the board at Frickley Athletic around 10 years ago and we had a great young prospect called Martyn Woolford! He was very special, very fast and strong for a young-un playing in the NPL, we had a fabulous team that year and had a great season finishing second to Blyth Spartans, we battled all the way to try and secure promotion to the Conferance North, but we lost out in the play-offs to North Ferriby United on penalties. We all knew then that we we would not be able to keep our best team for years together.
I wrote to Warnock and told him about Woolford, but United had a great side at the time so he was sold to (non league) York City, who had just been relegated from the League for a miserable 10k?
Naturally I have followed is progress and I would suggest his best years where about 5 years ago, can't really see why we would have bought him now, but lets wait and see?

We have signed a player who has performed in the Championship for many years (albeit lower) and has been in sides promoted from this league. This would suggest to me that we have an upper L1/lower Champ player. Not only that but all who have seen him play talk of his heart and always giving 100% and being fit and reliable (also he is 6ft!!). Based on these attributes and last season I am struggling to see the negative responses from some on here. Sounds to me like exactly what we need, not a fancy Dan, but a hardworking week in week out performer who will grind out results to get us out of this league.

Back
Top Bottom