NEW: Martyn Woolford Interview

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

YorkBlade

Reaction score
Talking Sheffield United with Martyn Woolford, this one opened our eyes!

Martyn reveals an exclusive as to why it went wrong at Bramall Lane, his thoughts on Chris Wilder and he talks about THAT gesture to the Kop in his final game against Scunthorpe.

Feedback on this slightly controversial interview welcome.

Martyn reveals an exclusive as to why it went wrong at Bramall Lane, his thoughts on Chris Wilder and he talks about THAT gesture to the Kop in his final game against Scunthorpe.

When’s Connor Sammon on?! Maybe get McEveley and Craig Beattie on as well 😂

Good watch that. Always rated him when he played against us but never relpicated that form when he played for us. Seems like a decent kid. No hard feelings from me.

Really interesting. Thoroughly enjoyable. It’s great that you let the players speak rather than bombarding them with comments. I feel we learn far more because of that. Kudos.
(He was subbed and walked off almost bang in front of us, there were no v signs, despite two mates - who sit on the John Street side of the Kop :) - swearing blind that they’d seen him do it. These stories circulate , ie it happened on the walk of shame, and become legend.

Looking forward to the next one.

Really interesting. Thoroughly enjoyable. It’s great that you let the players speak rather than bombarding them with comments. I feel we learn far more because of that. Kudos.
(He was subbed and walked off almost bang in front of us, there were no v signs, despite two mates - who sit on the John Street side of the Kop :) - swearing blind that they’d seen him do it. These stories circulate , ie it happened on the walk of shame, and become legend.

Looking forward to the next one.
I am pissed but is that cut and paste are is the font fucked!

Woolford was placed on standby for the England C team for their 2007–09 International Challenge Trophy match against Wales in February 2008. He was called into the squad in May for two matches in the Caribbean after an injury to Dean Moxey. His debut came in a 1–1 draw with Grenada on 31 May 2008 and was described as a "constant threat down the left", and earned his second cap as a 67th-minute substitute against Barbados on 2 June.

I remember him getting a ton load of abuse warming up on the touchline for Fleetwood at Highbury.
I felt a bit sorry for him that a section of our fans could give so much abuse to an Ex player, it was embarrassing grown men in their 40's and 50's hurling abuse at him.

I’m going for Baxter and McNulty.....

He told us the bad eggs off air and I can neither confirm nor deny that one of these is correct (largely because we are arranging an interview with him soon).

Looks like Roland Schitt in that still

He told us the bad eggs off air and I can neither confirm nor deny that one of these is correct (largely because we are arranging an interview with him soon).
I can exclusively reveal that woolford did indeed confirm that Martyn Woolford was indeed the bad egg

Enjoyed that.

Comes across a decent lad and it's good to see the human side as sometimes as fans we're happy to pile on without knowing the full picture.
Absolutely spot on, as the lads Lundstram, Brewster, Burke, Mcburnie and several others may be able to confirm

Enjoyed that lads.
interesting comments from him, mainly the lack of preseason and then playing catch up. Hoping that next season Rhian Brewster can have a good preseason and show us what he’s made of.

Good watch that. Always rated him when he played against us but never relpicated that form when he played for us. Seems like a decent kid. No hard feelings from me.
Exactly what I thought

Makes you realise that all the shit I gave Woolford and Hammond should have been directed at Madkins, for picking unfit heads-gone players from his past!

Just watched this now, the beauty of working from home! A great watch as others have said. Woolford comes across very well, as did Hammond in fairness. Interesting stuff over text to say on the transfer list! Not the way I'd communicate, but then again Wilder gave second chances to Freeman and Coutts so it shows he could change his mind. Woolford was older and along with Hammond had a particularly poor season it has to be said. But he was a quality player at Bristol and Scunthorpe in particular, shame we didn't see the best of him, but I think Adkins should have signed some younger blood like Wilder did, rather than older players he'd managed before that were past 30, but of course Billy at 29 worked out pretty well! Adkins also inerited a huge squad but I recall from Adkins interviews that he would quote that he'd moved on 25 players but I checked on Wikipedia (never knowingly wrong of course) and there was only about 6 that went out and one of those was Jamie Murphy who obviously was one that Adkins would have wanted to keep.

Back
Top Bottom