Luke Ayling

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You can't be a tight arse when it comes to signing fit for purpose players .... looks like another shit season to look forward too if we are adopting those principles

Does anyone have a clue about the wages we pay players?

From the outset we've no idea if Ayling would be a good fit but it does suggest a player with his experience is deemed unsuitable for next season.

What a shower who lead this club and the odds on us doing anything but underwhelming are as clear as day.

I hope this is either untrue, or not reflective of how we will approach things with other targets. Because although we may be able to get away with not spending much on fees, we absolutely must be competitive on wages if we have any plans to be at the right end of the league

Keep in mind he will be 33 in August.

Young lad who plays for Ferencvaros, club is keeping a close eye on him.

We have dropped out for archer and there are no plans to revisit

Don’t be surprised to see our business is done until jan, Hecky isn’t a happy bunny at the minute. He’s still seething about Akpom.

Agreement in place for him to come on loan in January.

Luke Thomas is done and the club don’t expect anymore in this window.

I was told Luke Thomas will be it, I’d love McAtee back though. Hopefully whoever said that is right.

Replacements being lined up.

Dean Smith is who the hierarchy want to replace hecky, there’s another from Spain but I don’t know who.

Dean smith and someone from Spain were mentioned last week.

And that is only going back 3 pages on your previous posts. 😂

£624k a year.

For a 33 year old.

Who’d want and expect at least 2 years.

If Boro are paying that good luck to them, they have spent some money over the years and got nowhere, so if they are chucking a chunk of budget at a 33 yr old left back then they can crack on.
About the only positive is there won’t be a transfer fee.

I’m confident there are players capable enough we can find instead.

On the subject of budgets, where do we reckon we will sit?
£20m wages for the season??£25 maybe??

Average championship salary must be around £7-8k a week….but those salaries rarely get you promoted when you’re having to rebuild a full squad.
I suspect we will try to cap ours around the £10k a week mark, with the odd exception, and hope to fill out the squad with loans from bigger clubs with wage contributions towards their premier league salaries.

So while the headline story in this thread was clearly to wind up and paint the club in a bad light, I doubt we won’t be able to pay £12k a week, more we do t see the value in it for the long term interests of the club.

I'll take the over on that. From the Wilder promotion season:

View attachment 182953
Yeah…maybe I should have said I wasn’t counting Leicester who clearly pay astronomical fees for this league. Average is overinflated if you look at the clear exceptions.
But you may be right…we may need to be chucking £20k a week at it now…but in reality we can’t afford that without making losses he can’t afford again.
For that reason I can’t see us paying an average of 17k a week at United.

Yeah…maybe I should have said I wasn’t counting Leicester who clearly pay astronomical fees for this league. Average is overinflated if you look at the clear exceptions.
But you may be right…we may need to be chucking £20k a week at it now…but in reality we can’t afford that without making losses he can’t afford again.
For that reason I can’t see us paying an average of 17k a week at United.

Not singling you out personally, but this is a typical example of just how far some people are off in terms of what "big wages" actually are. You can't see us paying an average of 17k a week? A squad of 22 on that money would cost less than £20 million a year. Rotherham's wage costs were about £9 million in 22/23, and you have to think that is going to be loaded towards their first eleven. Outlying case, but Wrexham's were nearly £7m that season and they weren't even in the fucking league at the time. If you can't see us paying twice what Rotherham are in the Championship then let me take you back to the accounts for the first Wilder Championship season:

£624k a year.

For a 33 year old.

Who’d want and expect at least 2 years.

If Boro are paying that good luck to them, they have spent some money over the years and got nowhere, so if they are chucking a chunk of budget at a 33 yr old left back then they can crack on.
About the only positive is there won’t be a transfer fee.

I’m confident there are players capable enough we can find instead.

On the subject of budgets, where do we reckon we will sit?
£20m wages for the season??£25 maybe??

Average championship salary must be around £7-8k a week….but those salaries rarely get you promoted when you’re having to rebuild a full squad.
I suspect we will try to cap ours around the £10k a week mark, with the odd exception, and hope to fill out the squad with loans from bigger clubs with wage contributions towards their premier league salaries.

So while the headline story in this thread was clearly to wind up and paint the club in a bad light, I doubt we won’t be able to pay £12k a week, more we do t see the value in it for the long term interests of the club.
That’s not very much these days.

We were paying Dean Saunders 10k per week and how long ago was that?

Indeed. If the rumoured figure is true (which given his current reported wages and the source, I believe to be complete bollocks), that is a perfectly fine amount to be paying as a stop gap measure if the intention for 24/25 is immediate promotion back up

Not singling you out personally, but this is a typical example of just how far some people are off in terms of what "big wages" actually are. You can't see us paying an average of 17k a week? A squad of 22 on that money would cost less than £20 million a year. Rotherham's wage costs were about £9 million in 22/23, and you have to think that is going to be loaded towards their first eleven. Outlying case, but Wrexham's were nearly £7m that season and they weren't even in the fucking league at the time. If you can't see us paying twice what Rotherham are in the Championship then let me take you back to the accounts for the first Wilder Championship season:

I know perfectly well what sort of wages are paid.

What I also know is that the days Sheff united pay it have ended until the prince goes.

I will wait until we get a few players in and judge the sort of wages they will likely get, because the majority of last summers signings should give you some indication.

we will have a much bigger squad than 22, and even though those youngsters won’t be in big salaries it won’t be peanuts either.
You don’t need many on £30k a week before there’s a big chunk gone.

Plus we need to factor in length of contracts. So if United can say afford £20m a year, they will be basing that on champ revenue for now and into the future…so if we over spend this year we need to claw that back later.

Were we? How many others would have been anywhere near that?

If we have a budget of £20m we need to spread that over 30 players.
If we are trying to get McB and others on new deals they will be over the £20k a week and eating into the money we can offer for replacements.

Back
Top Bottom