Incoming? Luke Ayling

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

these linked players man. Hoping this is just what they are. Why on earth do we want him

My brother in law is a boro fan. They all slated the signing when he turned up.

Now they believe he is one of their most important players. He has the most assists in league since January and saw another stat that he’s one of the best for assists in Europe.

If he’s to be an understudy to Bogle and a leader then I’m all for it. But he will be able to sign for Boro and play most games.

Good player and character. Sad that this is the pond we’re fishing in after 3/5 years of Premier League football. But we are what we are.
As a second choice / Baldock replacement it’s not that cheap really. Sticking with Curtis would be cheap option.

Im no PA fan. But a signing like Ayling is a leader and a good second choice fit for Bogle. Also opposite styles of play too.

Think this is more smart recruitment if it’s true.

As options at RWB or RCB, I can think of far worse to be honest. I'd be surprised if we went for him and for McNair.

The Middlesbrough fans aren’t happy that Wilder is trying to poach Ayling on X.

Even if we don’t sign him could be interesting few weeks with that lot.

We lack leaders.

He has some leadership and personality and by all accounts it could be the end for Bash and Baldock this summer.

He could add valuable experience in either of those roles, especially with Anel probably heading off.

Here are his stats from the season.

Slight concern on the yellows but over a full season they would pan out very respectably.

Attachments

• IMG_2917.jpeg
    IMG_2917.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 20

As a second choice / Baldock replacement it’s not that cheap really. Sticking with Curtis would be cheap option.

Im no PA fan. But a signing like Ayling is a leader and a good second choice fit for Bogle. Also opposite styles of play too.

Think this is more smart recruitment if it’s true.

I think he’ll be a starter.

Back to square one in a year’s time if we sign him.
That’s the thing though. Until we get a new owner, we are can kickers fc until we get another Iliman or Brooks come along who might kick the can a little further…

One year stop gap if the aim is immediate promotion straight back seems fine, although the number of comments about "leader" rather than "good defender" is worrying

Oh god, he’s good mates with McBurnie isn’t he? We’re gonna be Daft Lads FC

To be honest, I think we need to get back to some sensible recruitment. Some known entities of good character that have done what we're trying to do.

We've tried to go outside the box and failed miserably due to UW.

A few like this and some young EFL players to replace those outgoings will be a good reset.

if were looking at ayling which i wouldnt be against that tells me baldock will be leaving ayling with bogle in front of him would be a solid right side in the championship bogle needs to be played further forward he would get 10 goals plus in the championship from that position

Any team needs a mix of youth, experience, leadership unless you've got the cash to accrue a ready made 11.

Even if we can mount a top 6 challenge next season, we're not in a position to bring in players mostly ready to make the step up.

Ayling is one I wouldn't be upset with at all.

Disagree, he would improve us right now, let alone in the 2nd tier
Right now maybe, but I said in a year's time. At that point he will be 34 going into the 25/26 season and you would assume, on a decent wage.

We will then have the same situation as we have right now with expensive players who have no longevity.

Liam Cooper wouldn’t be a bad shout though he’s starting to get on and maybe heading into the period where he’s injured a fair bit.

Back
Top Bottom