Incoming? Luke Ayling

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Doing well at Boro by all accounts. We need some experience and leaders in the squad so wouldn't be against it. Not every signing will be a glamorous one.

Sky tonight are saying since he went to Boro been one of their best players. Obvs not playing against his own club Leeds. Would have him in a heartbeat. Captained Leeds too. If we got him (and its a loan) he would instantly be one of our top players and thats how the bar is set at the moment. We are in a right pickle.

Sky tonight are saying since he went to Boro been one of their best players. Obvs not playing against his own club Leeds. Would have him in a heartbeat. Captained Leeds too. If we got him (and its a loan) he would instantly be one of our top players and thats how the bar is set at the moment. We are in a right pickle.
I think he covers RWB and RCB for us.

Experienced and a leader and would supplement Bogle as a more defensive approach.

He would be available as Leeds don’t want him and he’s in the last year of his deal.

He would be the Baldock and Basham replacement I would imagine. So although won’t be cheap covers 2 spaces.

Should have signed him about 3 years ago to replace Bash.

See also every other player in the rumour mill, always a case of not getting in when it makes sense, and when we do finally sign someone it's on much higher wages with all potential upside gone

I think he covers RWB and RCB for us.

Experienced and a leader and would supplement Bogle as a more defensive approach.

He would be available as Leeds don’t want him and he’s in the last year of his deal.

He would be the Baldock and Basham replacement I would imagine. So although won’t be cheap covers 2 spaces.
i think you might have a point there regarding rcb if we start with 3 centre backs i think ayling could cover that role and that could be his best position especially at 32 with bogle and curtis competing for the rwb spot think george will go to greece

I think he'd be a great addition. My quibble is where we expect him to play. At RWB if Bogle stays, then him and Curtis would presumably be sufficient, so are we wanting him at RCB, or are we not renewing Bogle?

I think he'd be a great addition. My quibble is where we expect him to play. At RWB if Bogle stays, then him and Curtis would presumably be sufficient, so are we wanting him at RCB, or are we not renewing Bogle?
Accountant on twitter said Bogle has a clause in his contract so he’s staying.

Curtis is no where near ready for the championship so we would 100% need backup for Bogle.

From Wilder's comments about Bogle recently I can't believe he will be going anywhere. Good. He's been one of the pluses in an otherwise shit season.

Accountant on twitter said Bogle has a clause in his contract so he’s staying.

Curtis is no where near ready for the championship so we would 100% need backup for Bogle.

Curtis is an interesting one - by all accounts we beat several clubs to his signature, so I doubt the plan was to send him out on loan to Chesterfield for a year.

I wonder whether he could be backup to Bogle, playing c 10-15 games a year?

Even if not, I doubt we'll have both Bogle and Ayling in the RWB spot.

Curtis is an interesting one - by all accounts we beat several clubs to his signature, so I doubt the plan was to send him out on loan to Chesterfield for a year.

Nope. He came from the Irish league so must be shit from now until hell freezes over. Someone here said that so it must be true.

I’ve watched all the games he’s played in on Yourube etc for the development team.

He doesn’t stand out at the moment, not to say he won’t in the future. But he’s a good few years away at the moment from being near our first team. Nothing against the lad he has a high potential (if the scouting has been done correctly).

But Seriki performed far better than him and he didn’t get a kick at Rotherham.

ayling would be a solid signing for the championship plus the type of character weve been badly missing at the back this season

I’ve heard idle passed on chatter Curtis is not making much of an impression in training

32 yrs young not ideal, but we’ve been linked with worse players and signed them
Craig Short 38. Got us up.

Chris Basham, well into his 30s.

I would love for us to go out and get Jacob Greaves, Ronnie Edwards and have a team where they could grow for a few years together or go for big money.

But it seems we are Frugal FC or Kick-The-Can-Down-The-Road FC!

So we have to do it another way.

It would arguably leave us no further forward in 12 months should we go up, but without new ownership that is where we are.

So, perhaps a no-nonsense defensive trio of Ayling-Egan-Robinson is what we go with or McNair-Egan-Robinson for that matter.

Obtain both Ayling and McNair and along with Osborn as back up, to me that looks competitive.

Add in Bogle and hopefully a fit again Norrington-Davies and you have a very good defence there for the Championship with toughness, experience and leadership.

I would love for us to go out and get Jacob Greaves, Ronnie Edwards and have a team where they could grow for a few years together or go for big money.

It would arguably leave us no further forward in 12 months should we go up, but without new ownership that is where we are.

So, perhaps a no-nonsense defensive trio of Ayling-Egan-Robinson is what we go with or McNair-Egan-Robinson for that matter.

Obtain both Ayling and McNair and along with Osborn as back up, to me that looks competitive.

Add in Bogle and hopefully a fit again Norrington-Davies and you have a very good defence there for the Championship with toughness, experience and leadership.
Wilder will be looking for leaders and that usually comes with experience so not surprised we are looking at the 2 mentioned.
We need more obviously! The refit Wilder is charged with doing with a limited budget will in my opinion revolve around players coming out of contract !
Wilder knows the division well so any frees will fit into the plan he must be putting together .He knows the club he knows the division the rest his up to the Prince supplying enough funds to give us a chance to bridge the weaknesses we have .Our young players will be central to the way forward without the leaders to help them along we again would be like a rudderless ship floundering again.

If, as expected most of our first team squad leaves in the summer then we will be left with mainly youth players. We will need some experienced pros who know the Championship well. As long as hes not going to break the bank I don't see the problem with this signing.

So defence sorted 🙂

Only GK, midfield and strikers left to sort now then 😃

i think you can add joe worrall to that list i think hes on his way to us

Hope so, he is just the type we are looking for
yes ayling and worrall would be 2 good experienced championship defenders if we can get them plus there both very vocal just what weve been lacking this season with egan to come back in and robinson and trusty think that might do us

Certainly not against this signing. Some proven experience is what we need and he fits the bill (if you pardon the pun).

Every signing is a gamble to an extent but we've been backing rank outsiders this season and look where it's got us.

if rnd isnt fit enough think we need to be looking at a new lwb as well if were going with 3 centre backs again

Back
Top Bottom