Lies, half truths, smoke and mirrors and backtracking

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Don't worry! According to that Stir article:

Although United have no plans to part company with Adams, they have a plethora of options in attack and could recruit a targetman during this summer’s window.

So assuming Che is on his way for an 'undisclosed' fee, Billy gets injured or suspended, where the fuck is this 'plethora' (or is he the mystery new targetman?) Maybe Sammon could be recalled?
I agree that we do have a lot of attacking options, especially when you contrast with the rest of the team.

We have McNulty, who notched 13 on his debut season for us.

We have Done who notched 16-18 overall the same season.

We have Calvert-Lewin who scored 8 goals at a lower level.

We have Jake Wright as a young up and comer plus Hall and Smith as first year pros.

That's 6 pros notwithstanding Sharp or Adams. That's a plethora when you contrast with having no Center backs on pro deals!

We've shelled out gods knows how much on:
  • Very good contracts for shit players
  • Paying up those contracts (well we're trying to)
  • Sacking manager after manager
  • Paying compensation for a new manager
No wonder we ain't got a pot to piss in! How is doing the above and having no long term strategy going to move the club forward? It's a vicious cycle of failure to get promoted and sack the manager.

We have to have a long term view past this season, if Wilder finishes mid table that doesn't mean he must be sacked, we need a longer term view so we can have some continuity in the squad and not be revamping it every window because the new manager doesn't rate the previous manager's players.

Yep. Been saying this for a while now. Said it last season and to an extent the season before. Continuity, sticking with a manager/scout/coaching team combo long enough to see the fruits of our labours. It’s the only way for a club with our set up to progress unless you’re going to chuck silly money at it (which we’re not).

Problem is McCabe fears the lull in ST sales and reverts to the sack the manager policy so everyone can talk about how it will all be different this year and people are lulled back to buy again.

Robert. Does Chris Wilder strike you as the sort of bloke to be lied to and then roll over for his belly to be tickled?

Do you think he has lied? Does he come across as the type of bloke who doesn't give a shit what he says and to whom, so long as he progresses his career?

He doesn't to me.

Agreed ...... but our "ambitious" Board have a track record and many years of experience at lying to the long-suffering supporters and moving the goalposts for managers .......

I just hope Tufty has the bottle to refuse to lie to us, tell it like it is and let us know if promises to him have been broken !!

Then ..... we shall know exactly where the blame lies for another year of self-imposed exile in L1 .......

UTB & FTP

I agree that we do have a lot of attacking options, especially when you contrast with the rest of the team.

We have McNulty, who notched 13 on his debut season for us.

We have Done who notched 16-18 overall the same season.

We have Calvert-Lewin who scored 8 goals at a lower level.

We have Jake Wright as a young up and comer plus Hall and Smith as first year pros.

That's 6 pros notwithstanding Sharp or Adams. That's a plethora when you contrast with having no Center backs on pro deals!

I was being sarky! Regardless of what players have done in the past, here's our top scorers - still at the club - from last season:

Sharp - 21 goals
Adams - 11 goals
Done - 4 goals
Basham - 3 goals

I'd say that's frighteningly thin on the ground.

I was being sarky! Regardless of what players have done in the past, here's our top scorers - still at the club - from last season:

Sharp - 21 goals
Adams - 11 goals
Done - 4 goals
Basham - 3 goals

I'd say that's frighteningly thin on the ground.

But of course that's based on Done and McNulty not playing up front for us last season. If we take Sharp and Adams out we don't just go with no strikers. We put those guys in and whilst they might not get as many, they would get more than they got watching Sharp and Adams play.

I don't think we have an abundance of quality but we have a certain amount of depth. Certainly when you consider it against the dearth at CB.

Has something changed to bring on this fit of peak? Your dog died or something? As I understand it nothing has changed apart from the Manager. McCabe is still at the top of the tree with the plastic prince (think we might have got the only one who actually doesn't have any money or oil). When the management at the top doesn't change why would you expect anything to be any different. Apart from we don't have any good player to sell any longer.

Oh hang on I just spied this.....http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foot...monitoring-blades-striker-che-adams-1-7991264 We do have someone worth selling. Bye then Che.

ahhhh from the people that brought you "Diego is being watched by Juventus" we are trusting the Stir.... they're less reliable than opinion polls

does it really matter who we move on , provided we plug the gap
Adkins never replaced Murphys position last year which is part of his failure
Chris seems far more astute and whoever and whatever position is moved out he will get in an alternative.
Che has got potential, but fails to fill the irreplaceable tag
In fact cant think of one of the current squad that we couldnt get a doppelganger in pretty sharpish
That includes Brayford Done and Basham , I wouldnt contemplate suicide for the departure of any of them

does it really matter who we move on , provided we plug the gap
Adkins never replaced Murphys position last year which is part of his failure
Chris seems far more astute and whoever and whatever position is moved out he will get in an alternative.
Che has got potential, but fails to fill the irreplaceable tag
In fact cant think of one of the current squad that we couldnt get a doppelganger in pretty sharpish
That includes Brayford Done and Basham , I wouldnt contemplate suicide for the departure of any of them

Is that the same Murphy you said we wouldnt miss because he played in the 4-0 defeat at Gillingham?

Wilder today

“We’re looking to ramp things up over the next seven to 10 days,” Wilder said. “We’re pretty close on one or two things and only want the right people.

Read more: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foot...des-striker-che-adams-1-7991264#ixzz4DATbyycZ

that will disappoint a f
Is that the same Murphy you said we wouldnt miss because he played in the 4-0 defeat at Gillingham?
he never replaced the position , , Murphy ended up with more play off failure

If Adams goes, so?

We're a selling club, have been for years and years, it's not surprising if we have to sell in order to buy.
Maybe this time those that do sign up are an improvement of previous manager's acquisitions.

Established L1 club selling main asset(s) in order to fund survival. we're not unique.

Established L1 club selling main asset(s) in order to fund survival. we're not unique.

Seems fair, two Multi-Millionaires owning the Club probably ain't Unique

Them not powering this Club forward, probably is Unique

Thread after thread. Page after page if pointless, speculative negative shit at the moment.

FFS let's see what actually happens before being massive drama queens. It's just fucking embarrassing.
I think you did that to get some "likes" personally, and I suspect deep down you know that although you obviously won't admit. Worry not you'll get lots of people agreeing with that post, but what gets me about posts like this is they aren't even true. Negative threads maybe, but the page after page bit isn't accurate. If you read the posts on each page very few are negative actually.

I think you did that to get some "likes" personally, and I suspect deep down you know that although you obviously won't admit. Worry not you'll get lots of people agreeing with that post, but what gets me about posts like this is they aren't even true. Negative threads maybe, but the page after page bit isn't accurate. If you read the posts on each page very few are negative actually.
I think you said that to get some likes. Oh look you already got one.

"Lies, half truths, smoke and mirrors, and backstabbing" the new movie by Quentin Tarantino based on the true story of British politics circa 2016.

Yeah I think that's very true. I hope Chris Wilder can get more out of him than we saw last season, because based on similar performance, I'd be pleased to see him sold to the highest bidder.
And me.

Thread after thread. Page after page if pointless, speculative negative shit at the moment.

FFS let's see what actually happens before being massive drama queens. It's just fucking embarrassing.

It's the close season. Which is why God invented cricket.

I actually believe you think what you say is more constructive criticism than moaning. However, I can tell you that it comes across as repetitive moaning cunt. And it is thread after thread from you

I must admit, I may have had one or ten when I posted that. Fit of pique, maybe, but we're now getting the same old guff we've had before.

A few things.

I'm not calling Wilder a liar, I'm saying other United managers may have been.

I keep hearing I can trust Wilder because he's a Blade. I'm not sure why this means I should automatically trust someone. Our chairman's a Blade.....

I keep hearing that he 'tells it like it is' and is a 'straight talker'. He was when he signed. He seems to be doing less of this by the day.

Well Sheffsteel I was told by our manager we would be.

I was annoyed enough to post this thread after the comments from the fan meeting regarding transfers. If a manager in an organisation keeps raising your expectations that something will happen and then repeatedly saying 'sorry, but next week...' then that's not only bad management of expectations it's also bad management. True, football is a different beast, but unless you're extremely confident you can deiver something, don't say you will.
So basically you had a few drinks and while under the influence, before a ball has been kicked in the new season threw your toys out of the pram, it happens.

So basically you had a few drinks and while under the influence, before a ball has been kicked in the new season threw your toys out of the pram, it happens.

I'm glad you're happy that we have no CBs and what we were told at the start of the season was essentially bollocks?

Back
Top Bottom