League 1 Top 6.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm in for the £10. But I need to pick you up on the bold bit. Which of our players will be earning more than Darius Henderson and Jobi Mcanuff? Henderson was one of our biggest earners when we were in the champ, and Mcanuff will be on premiership wages. They won't have taken huge wage hits to play for leyton orient that's for sure!

Henderson is such a pox on the arse of football that I feel morally compelled to put my tenner on the side of righteousness.

UTB

To be honest I was testing the confidence of those who thought Orient 'miles ahead' of us rather then trying to tempt seasoned flutterers like yourself. Now that Darren (well done) has has made it a testimonial fund for Foxy I'd rather we do it that way. As a matter of discussion, rather than an offer, I could be tempted as far as 6/4 Orient. That would be for gambling purposes only. In my own mind I see them, as dispassionately as I can, as a 4/1 shot. However, I'm daft but not that daft! :)

It was/is purely a matter of discussion, I wouldn't expect a bet to come of it anyway as we don't know each other.

6/4 is big, for me. If one of the lads at work put that out I would definitely have a serious think about taking him on.

For what it's worth, I have a problem with this type of bet anyway, as I am an action junkie and can't be waiting around for 9 months to collect. I could probably wait a year for tens of thousands, but not for a couple of hundred.

Mmmm, as someone local (nearest club to me) I can tell you that a good few Orient fans are thinking in a very similar fashion to alot of Blades. They think the first XI is weaker than last season, and although recruitment is good it hasn't improved the team when you take into consideration what they have lost.

Hi, Orient fan here taking notice of your board as season approaches. Just like to say that isn't true, and for the first season that I can recall in 25 years+, we actually think we will be challenging right at the top. We lost two players, Odubajo who is very good, and one GK which was offered a pay as you play deal because of injuries that would not have been first choice - he hasn't been a top standard league one keeper for two years sinse a bad shoulder injury and his mistake cost us the play-off final.

We have replaced Odubajo with McAnuff, and Jones with two senior GKs, of which Legdzins will be first choice but both him and Woods are of a higher standard. On top of that, we're replaced our released youth and non starters with Pritchard, Lowry, Jay Simpson and your old boy Henderson. It's the strongesat squad we have ever had and no one would be saying it's weaker then last year given we've lost 1 starter and replaced with potentially 6 starters to a squad that came third last season.

Anyway, that was longer then I though - good luck for coming season, I think both our teams will be top 4 given you've now signed Higdon (I think goals were going to be an issue for you but not so much now), with only Preston and Bristol City up there with us. Have fun and see you in October.

Hi, Orient fan here taking notice of your board as season approaches. Just like to say that isn't true, and for the first season that I can recall in 25 years+, we actually think we will be challenging right at the top. We lost two players, Odubajo who is very good, and one GK which was offered a pay as you play deal because of injuries that would not have been first choice - he hasn't been a top standard league one keeper for two years sinse a bad shoulder injury and his mistake cost us the play-off final.

We have replaced Odubajo with McAnuff, and Jones with two senior GKs, of which Legdzins will be first choice but both him and Woods are of a higher standard. On top of that, we're replaced our released youth and non starters with Pritchard, Lowry, Jay Simpson and your old boy Henderson. It's the strongesat squad we have ever had and no one would be saying it's weaker then last year given we've lost 1 starter and replaced with potentially 6 starters to a squad that came third last season.

Anyway, that was longer then I though - good luck for coming season, I think both our teams will be top 4 given you've now signed Higdon (I think goals were going to be an issue for you but not so much now), with only Preston and Bristol City up there with us. Have fun and see you in October.

Exactly the same forecast top 4 as the O.P. Not a hope then!!!!

Yeovil (despite what I've just seen on here :))
Preston
Orient
Bristol City
Peterborough

in no particular order.
6th could be anyone.
And I mean anybody like Rochdale and Notts County!
If pushed I'd select Donny re 2 big centre backs and midfield and attack I've seen in friendlies and they've only just started.
Not Coventry re all away games,.

When I wrote the OP you could get 6/4 on Orient to finish in the Top 6, so why bet on them to beat United when they only have to finish 6th for you to get 6/4 odds against.

When I wrote the OP you could get 6/4 on Orient to finish in the Top 6, so why bet on them to beat United when they only have to finish 6th for you to get 6/4 odds against.

Because Orient might finish 16th and United might finish 21st.

Also because I quite like betting against individuals, not giving my money to big faceless companies. I like the personal nature of a 1 vs 1 bet.

Bristol will win it imo
Orient or Preston 2nd
playoffs Barnsley, MK, Preston/orient, maybe us or any number of other clubs.

There is no way with the squad we have that we will win the league or come 2nd. Yet another snag today with 2 signings typical united. I ask the question where is the Maguire and FA cup money gone ??????????
You didn't get your bet on in time!!

Given the wrist-slashing doom and panic here, HMS PTL (Orient) fans must be absolutely apoplectic this morning. And no doubt many who tipped them will now be back to write them off as having no chance, right? No....you mean you're sticking by your tip even after that shambolic effort? But quite a few of you have done it with SUFC

Back
Top Bottom