League 1 Top 6.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

They are obviously both fantastic teams; I doubt they'll drop any points at all apart from the two El Classico fixtures. Out of an abundance of caution, though, I think I'll just wait to see them play on grass. It's so much more revealing than the paper you prefer.

I shall, of course, follow the triumphant exploits of your favourite teams with great interest but forgive me if I concentrate on the Mighty Blades.

I my opinion, you're the type of fan that frustrates me the most. You are seemingly delighted with anything we do or say as a club, and never look at the situation objectively. If you could swap our squad for orients or bristol city's now, would you? If not, you are a fool, seriously!

I only got dragged into 'bigging up' BC on anothe thread because I used them as an example, which several disagreed with so had to justify why I think they have a better squad. I would happily debate and explain why I feel orient, Bristol and Peterborough have better squads than ours. I think there may be a couple more, but they are much less certain.

I my opinion, you're the type of fan that frustrates me the most. You are seemingly delighted with anything we do or say as a club, and never look at the situation objectively. If you could swap our squad for orients or bristol city's now, would you? If not, you are a fool, seriously!

I only got dragged into 'bigging up' BC on anothe thread because I used them as an example, which several disagreed with so had to justify why I think they have a better squad. I would happily debate and explain why I feel orient, Bristol and Peterborough have better squads than ours. I think there may be a couple more, but they are much less certain.

I must be a fool too then cos I wouldn't swap squads o_O

We are a striker away from a very, very good season

Yes you must. Seriously, you wouldnt swap squads? Or would you not swap squads IF we had a striker? That's kind of the point I'm making if so...

PS we have a shadow of the squad Orient are building.

No I wouldn't. Others can decide whether I'm a fool or not. Orient will not be promoted next season. They'll be also-rans without the 19 point start that Ladbrokes seem to think they'll get. I doubt Bristol will, either, but who knows? I am quite willing, though, to test our respective foolishness at the end of the season.

What I do know is that anyone who speaks of certainty in football is manifestly a fool.

As for frustration, I've been following the Blades for 50 years so I've had my share. You can have a turn.

Yes you must. Seriously, you wouldnt swap squads? Or would you not swap squads IF we had a striker? That's kind of the point I'm making if s..

PS we have a shadow of the squad Orient are building.

Stop it, you are storing up embarrassment for yourself.

As a matter of interest, do you like a bet? If so, let me know what odds you will give me against our shadows finishing above global superpower Leyton Orient.

No I wouldn't. Others can decide whether I'm a fool or not. Orient will not be promoted next season. They'll be also-rans without the 19 point start that Ladbrokes seem to think they'll get. I doubt Bristol will, either, but who knows? I am quite willing, though, to test our respective foolishness at the end of the season.

What I do know is that anyone who speaks of certainty in football is manifestly a fool.

As for frustration, I've been following the Blades for 50 years so I've had my share. You can have a turn.

I'm just asking other blades to look objectively. Actually, with good intentions for the club. I want people to reduce their expectstions, because failure to win promotion with this squad is not necessarily a failure.

Orient will be lining up (at worst) with something like this side next week:

Legzdins
Omozusi
Clarke
Lowry
Cuthbert
Cox
Macanuff
Pritchard
James

Plus striking options of: Henderson, mooney, jay Simpson, Chris Dagnall, Kevin Lisbie.

Now we cant say as fact they will finish above us, but that team should mos certainly win promotion form league one.

Stop it, you are storing up embarrassment for yourself.

As a matter of interest, do you like a bet? If so, let me know what odds you will give me against our shadows finishing above global superpower Leyton Orient.

Mate, whatever odds you want to give me, I will take. Please look objectively from your footballing brain, and see their side is MILES ahead of ours. Jobi Mcanuff, jay Simpson, Henderson, mooney, cox.... Ask a fan of any club other than sheff utd and they would all say the same. Too many Blades think heart over head.

I'm just asking other blades to look objectively. Actually, with good intentions for the club. I want people to reduce their expectstions, because failure to win promotion with this squad is not necessarily a failure.

Orient will be lining up (at worst) with something like this side next week:

Legzdins
Omozusi
Clarke
Lowry
Cuthbert
Cox
Macanuff
Pritchard
James

Plus striking options of: Henderson, mooney, jay Simpson, Chris Dagnall, Kevin Lisbie.

Now we cant say as fact they will finish above us, but that team should mos certainly win promotion form league one.

Well I say it won't....I can't say 'most certainly' of course, because football has taught me there is no such thing. Your repeated assertions of certainty and how foolish those who disagree with you must be, do not, I'm afraid, improve your argument.

Its all speculation , baldock played in this league for bristol city last season, dont remember it assuring bc of promotion last season ,there's 24 teams in this league
3 groups of 8 as I see it , those with a bit of clout top 8
the well run clubs that can muster a side but inevitably fall short
and 8 fighting the drop
we are one of the top 8, and you need a bit of luck , getting the decisions and lots of hard work and belief
we started last season without belief and it cost us a play off spot
That starts with the fans , so its going to be a struggle as we jump on the moaning train faster than any other of the 92 clubs
some of our fans have moaning train season tickets, with 10000 s of extra miles theyve earned recently.

Football is a team game , collecting decent individuals has its drawbacks

Nothing is predictable in football I had 50 quid on germany to win 7-0 against brazil , never saw brazil scoring
just shows no such thing as a cert

Well I say it won't....I can't say 'most certainly' of course, because football has taught me there is no such thing. Your repeated assertions of certainty and how foolish those who disagree with you must be, do not, I'm afraid, improve your argument.

Well, unfortunately, this can't be proven right away. Ofcourse, we will have to wait until May 2015. One thing you may agree with me though, you can pretty much put budgets alongside the final league standings and it's a pretty accurate reflection. Orient and Bristol have spent big (for league 1), and we haven't. That in itself (whilst not a guarantee) is a good indicator as to how the clubs will fair.

Its all speculation , baldock played in this league for bristol city last season, dont remember it assuring bc of promotion last season ,there's 24 teams in this league
3 groups of 8 as I see it , those with a bit of clout top 8
the well run clubs that can muster a side but inevitably fall short
and 8 fighting the drop
we are one of the top 8, and you need a bit of luck , getting the decisions and lots of hard work and belief
we started last season without belief and it cost us a play off spot
That starts with the fans , so its going to be a struggle as we jump on the moaning train faster than any other of the 92 clubs
some of our fans have moaning train season tickets, with 10000 s of extra miles theyve earned recently.

Nothing is predictable in football I had 50 quid on germany to win 7-0 against brazil , never saw brazil scoring
just shows no such thing as a cert

Mate, whatever odds you want to give me, I will take. Please look objectively from your footballing brain, and see their side is MILES ahead of ours. Jobi Mcanuff, jay Simpson, Henderson, mooney, cox.... Ask a fan of any club other than sheff utd and they would all say the same. Too many Blades think heart over head.

No mate, it's what odds you give me! You say we are nothing but a mere shadow compared to the mighy and glorious Leyton Orient. The onus is on you, I'm afraid to bear the odds. So my proposition is: I will bet you £20 (or £200 if you want - you name your sum) at 5/2 against, that Sheffield United will finish above Leyton Orient next season. I also offer a similar bet in relation to Bristol City - you say you can't choose between them so both are MILES ahead of us. There you go, any suggestion that we are as good as these Galacticos is silly, we are miles behind them. At 5/2 you are taking candy from a baby. Go on, take my money.

No mate, it's what odds you give me! You say we are nothing but a mere shadow compared to the mighy and glorious Leyton Orient. The onus is on you, I'm afraid to bear the odds. So my proposition is: I will bet you £20 (or £200 if you want - you name your sum) at 5/2 against, that Sheffield United will finish above Leyton Orient next season. I also offer a similar bet in relation to Bristol City - you say you can't choose between them so both are MILES ahead of us. There you go, any suggestion that we are as good as these Galacticos is silly, we are miles behind them. At 5/2 you are taking candy from a baby. Go on, take my money.

Dammit you win, I won't take your money. I'm not out to prove people wrong, just to try and add a bit of balance to the evident bias on this forum. Some are deluded about our squad, you seem to be also. THe sad state of affairs is that we are in the shadow of Orient in terms of squad, now you can try and patronise them all you want with your false 'Galacticos' nonsense, but ultimately, I would take their squad every single time given a choice. Henderson or Porter? McAnuff or Flynn? Cox or Murphy? Baxter or Mooney? Orient finished above us last year and have improved their squad and ours is, at best, the same. So how would one figure we will be better this season?

As said above, one decent striker and we're certainly competitive for top 2.

Blades, Bristol City, Preston, Donny are all basically guaranteed a top 6 finish. Swindon. MK Dons, Walsall and Bradford all have a good shout at the play-offs.

Peterborough and Orient will drop off to mid-table, along with Yeovil and Barnsley.

I reckon Chesterfield and Scunny will stay up. Colchester and Fleetwood will probably get relegated.

Last edited:
As said above, one decent striker and we're certainly competitive for top 2.

Blades, Bristol City, Preston, Donny are all basically guaranteed a top 6 finish. Swindon. MK Dons, Walsall and Bradford all have a good shout at the play-offs.

Peterborough and Orient will drop off to mid-table, along with Yeovil and Barnsley.

I reckon Chesterfield and Scunny will stay up. Colchester and Fleetwood will probably get relegated.

Donny top 6 forget it, they are in the shit signing players on monthly contracts etc can't have a promotion side based on that.

Really ken? Sorry but I believe a lot of our side are squad fillers and our defence could be very dodgy. From the team that finished last season we now have no beard, no Coady, no Maguire and nothing better up top we have then replaced them with a lot if unproven players, I can't blame NC because I don't think he is being given full support off the board otherwise most of our signings wouldn't have been league 1 frees or young bosmans.

Bristol, Orient, Preston, Peterboro should be there or there about but no way are they way ahead of us'
Is this the same Bristol City who got hammered 3-0 at the lane just a few months back when in a good run of form just like ourselves at the time ? I bet they are praying they get the lad from Rovrum as that day Baldock and in particular JET looked like they had been to the Simmonson school of shooting.
As for Orient how much longer can Lisbie keep on playing, McAnuff has promised much but never really done it anywhere, don't see any reason for that to change. Finally we have old Darius (red card) Henderson a toss up who is best between him and Porter.
Of course we have lost the beard, Coady and Harry but I think we have replaced them with players as good as anything in league one. Still a bit short of pace and power up front and maybe need a bit of cover in defence but that could soon change so I can't see why one or two are shitting themselves before a ball has been kicked. This season I'm expecting 2 or 3 of the youngsters to play a part. Also is there a better manager in League one the the guy at the lane ? Well is there ???

Bristol, Orient, Preston, Peterboro should be there or there about but no way are they way ahead of us'
Is this the same Bristol City who got hammered 3-0 at the lane just a few months back when in a good run of form just like ourselves at the time ? I bet they are praying they get the lad from Rovrum as that day Baldock and in particular JET looked like they had been to the Simmonson school of shooting.
As for Orient how much longer can Lisbie keep on playing, McAnuff has promised much but never really done it anywhere, don't see any reason for that to change. Finally we have old Darius (red card) Henderson a toss up who is best between him and Porter.
Of course we have lost the beard, Coady and Harry but I think we have replaced them with players as good as anything in league one. Still a bit short of pace and power up front and maybe need a bit of cover in defence but that could soon change so I can't see why one or two are shitting themselves before a ball has been kicked. This season I'm expecting 2 or 3 of the youngsters to play a part. Also is there a better manager in League one the the guy at the lane ? Well is there ???

We will find out in May

Is this the same Bristol City who got hammered 3-0 at the lane just a few months back when in a good run of form just like ourselves at the time ?

No

McAnuff has promised much but never really done it anywhere, don't see any reason for that to change

Now I know you're just saying that to try and back up your argument! Played his whole career between the premier league and championship, and was captain of reading for the last 2/3 seasons. Quality footballer. I predict he will be in the team of the year come may.

Of course we have lost the beard, Coady and Harry but I think we have replaced them with players as good as anything in league one.

I would use this in my argument. We finished 7th last year, have lost 3 of our best players from last season and replaced then with solid but unspectacular league 1 players.

Is there a better manager in league 1? Hmm not sure, I love Clough turned us around and got us playing well. However of we're going on career record alone, then yes there are. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change Clough for any manager in this league, but as has been pointed out by others elsewhere, when you take his CV at point blank, it's also rather unspectacular!

no one fancies Barnsley then

its easy to miss clubs who could do ok
Walsall , no mugs

swindon , best defence in league one over past 3 seasons

still think we have, with Clough more to offer

Orient to win the league, we'll come 2nd followed by Bristol City, Peteborough, Preston and Walsall.

It's looking like BC will be signing Agard from rumours I'm hearing. If true and they keep what they have, they've got both Agard and Baldock up front

Goals make prizes. I don't see anyone stopping them as long as they have their fair share of luck, as all clubs need some of that

BC had a similar finish to the season we did. There's no reason to suggest they wont continue their form if we all believe that we will
I see what your saying and where your coming from, I've heard the agard rom our as well but if he signs I think baldock will go. Boro Brighton an a few others are looking think Bolton was another! Still along time left as far a transfers go, they will be pushing but I don't think they can win it in all honesty I don't think we will either.

I live in hope we should sign 2 or 3 players to improve the starting 11. Even if we just sign a striker we should be top 2 but we need to start well.

1. United
2. Orient
3. Preston
4. Peterborough
5. Bristol City (sorry blader, shit manager)
6. Chesterfield (wild card)

So my proposition is: I will bet you £20 (or £200 if you want - you name your sum) at 5/2 against, that Sheffield United will finish above Leyton Orient next season...Go on, take my money.

Will you give me 5/2 on Orient finishing above United? If not (lol) what would you offer?

I would use this in my argument. We finished 7th last year, have lost 3 of our best players from last season and replaced then with solid but unspectacular league 1 players.

But don't forget that we would have been much higher but for the woeful start before Brayford and co kicked in.

We'll be pushing for top 6, I'm sure. And the signing of someone like Higdon will make us contend for automatic.

UTB

Will you give me 5/2 on Orient finishing above United? If not (lol) what would you offer?

No. They are super-duper fantastico brill. Only Slovan Bristolcittia are even close. You can have 4/5, special once only offer.

An idea

We all agree to put £10 (a sum I am sure we can all afford) into the pot and say whether or not we think Orient will finish above United. Whoever is wrong pays their £10 to this site.

I am up for this and say United will finish above Orient Pinchy? blader? Any others?

1. Leyton Orient
2. Bristol City
3. Barnsley
4. Blades
5. Preston
6. Peterborough

Leyton Orient as I have said before have made some great league one signings, Bristol City have a out and out goalscorer in Baldock. Barnsley again have made some good league one signings although they have lost quite a few players, I think Barnsley will be very similar to us this season and 3/4th will be close.

Back
Top Bottom