League 1 Top 6.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Mmmm, as someone local (nearest club to me) I can tell you that a good few Orient fans are thinking in a very similar fashion to alot of Blades. They think the first XI is weaker than last season, and although recruitment is good it hasn't improved the team when you take into consideration what they have lost.

An idea

We all agree to put £10 (a sum I am sure we can all afford) into the pot and say whether or not we think Orient will finish above United. Whoever is wrong pays their £10 to this site.

I am up for this and say United will finish above Orient Pinchy? blader? Any others?
In. I think we will finish above.

An idea

We all agree to put £10 (a sum I am sure we can all afford) into the pot and say whether or not we think Orient will finish above United. Whoever is wrong pays their £10 to this site.

I am up for this and say United will finish above Orient Pinchy? blader? Any others?

I'm up for that.

I reckon we will finish above Sheikh Barry Hearn's Galcticos.

The way this is going Foxy and Linz will be supporting Leyton Orient next season!

Really? I need to tell them all that, because they really don't seem that optimistic!

It's a interesting psychological thing amongst football fans that we can all see the specks in our own teams' eyes but not the beams in the eyes of other teams.

The 19 point thing was a reference to that risible Labbrokes article sugegsting we would have difficulty makin up the 19 point gap between us and Orient last season, apparently oblivious to the fact that the start of each season each team starts equal.

An idea

I'm in and i'll stick another tenner in if United don't get automatic.

It's a interesting psychological thing amongst football fans that we can all see the specks in our own teams' eyes but not the beams in the eyes of other teams.

The 19 point thing was a reference to that risible Labbrokes article sugegsting we would have difficulty makin up the 19 point gap between us and Orient last season, apparently oblivious to the fact that the start of each season each team starts equal.

Aye, very true. The ones I've spoken with have got us very much as HMSPTL and have handed us the trophy. My little comments about lots of sigings and takin time to blend in etc. just falls on deaf ears!

Aye, very true. The ones I've spoken with have got us very much as HMSPTL and have handed us the trophy. My little comments about lots of sigings and takin time to blend in etc. just falls on deaf ears!

Indeed.

Given that we get crowds three times those of Orient and thus can pay substantially higher wages and thus get better players and given that we now have a competent manager who will not pay high wages to shit players, it would seem very unlikely Orient have a better team than us.

Indeed.

Given that we get crowds three times those of Orient and thus can pay substantially higher wages and thus get better players and given that we now have a competent manager who will not pay high wages to shit players, it would seem very unlikely Orient have a better team than us.

lira-loaded now though! ;)

Mind you, The Romford geezah still owns the ground!

Indeed.

I'm in for the £10. But I need to pick you up on the bold bit. Which of our players will be earning more than Darius Henderson and Jobi Mcanuff? Henderson was one of our biggest earners when we were in the champ, and Mcanuff will be on premiership wages. They won't have taken huge wage hits to play for leyton orient that's for sure!

I'm in for the £10. But I need to pick you up on the bold bit. Which of our players will be earning more than Darius Henderson and Jobi Mcanuff? Henderson was one of our biggest earners when we were in the champ, and Mcanuff will be on premiership wages. They won't have taken huge wage hits to play for leyton orient that's for sure!

Did their previous clubs want them? Could they get better offers? We don't know. However, they are both 32 and are winding down their careers. I suspect they could not do better than Orient and aret't being paid much more than the average third division wage. Just because they once managed to pull in big bucks, does not mean they will always do so. One thing I am certain of is that our wage budget as a whole will massively outstrip Orient's.

I will put you down foir Orient for £10.

Edit: just re read your post. You say McAnuff will be "on premiershp wages". Average premiership wages are £31,000 a week. Do you really think Orient are paying a player £1.5M a year?

I was speaking to a former colleague over the weekend who's brother is mates (I know :)) with the McGahey family and apparently HM2 is on £2K a week with us. As an unproven 18 year old, that tells you what kind of wages the rest of the squad are on despite our 'pruning' over the last couple of seasons.

Some League 1 clubs have a bit of cash behind them but I still suspect we're at the top end of the wage payers in the division. We may have a lot of players on similar wages whereas the likes of Orient may be paying one or two players, such as Henderson, a lot more than the rest of the squad.

If they are on big wages, don't you think that might cause issues with the rest of the Orient squad who will most likely be on considerably less to fall within wage rules? I'm not denying both are good players, but are they really that good to be a potentially divisive influence.

Odubajo out and the Flying Elbow in leaves them much weaker up front in my view.

If they are on big wages, don't you think that might cause issues with the rest of the Orient squad who will most likely be on considerably less to fall within wage rules? I'm not denying both are good players, but are they really that good to be a potentially divisive influence.

Odubajo out and the Flying Elbow in leaves them much weaker up front in my view.

And also the view of most Orient fans. Same with the keeper!

I'm not questioning the potential disruption, just stating that they will both be on much bigger wages than any of our players!

I was inclined ever so slightly towards Orient finishing ahead of us. But I wouldn't want to play that stupid game, I would rather just donate to the site separately.

However, the signing of this Higdon bloke is a bit of a game changer, so I will be withdrawing my interest anyway.

Pinchy, why would 4/5 be a special offer? I would price Blades vs Orient in a match bet at pretty much 'take your pick' anyway. 1.91 the pair seems about right in my eyes. Obviously the bookies out there wouldn't agree as we are title favourites, so Orient would actually be bigger than even money. So your offer is gash. I presume that you're just being sarcastic, so I'll ask you again because I'm genuinely interested to see how you'd price it.

In a match bet i'd go 4/7 utd and 3/1 orient as a season match bet,not that i'm chucking the offer out MOD.What do you reckon to them odds?

I reckon you'll go bankrupt. If I have £71.81 at 4/7 and £28.19 at 3/1, I will make a £12.74 profit regardless of which team finishes higher.

That aside, if you put Orient up at anything close to 3/1 I would eat your arm off.

That aside, if you put Orient up at anything close to 3/1 I would eat your arm off.
Thats why i said i'm not chucking the offer out MOD,and certainly why i'm not a bookie.
Just make sure you leave my shoulder though won't ya:D

An idea

I'm in, mate. I live in fear and trembling of Leyton Orient and I know it's absurd but I go for United.

I was inclined ever so slightly towards Orient finishing ahead of us. But I wouldn't want to play that stupid game, I would rather just donate to the site separately.

However, the signing of this Higdon bloke is a bit of a game changer, so I will be withdrawing my interest anyway.

Pinchy, why would 4/5 be a special offer? I would price Blades vs Orient in a match bet at pretty much 'take your pick' anyway. 1.91 the pair seems about right in my eyes. Obviously the bookies out there wouldn't agree as we are title favourites, so Orient would actually be bigger than even money. So your offer is gash. I presume that you're just being sarcastic, so I'll ask you again because I'm genuinely interested to see how you'd price it.

To be honest I was testing the confidence of those who thought Orient 'miles ahead' of us rather then trying to tempt seasoned flutterers like yourself. Now that Darren (well done) has has made it a testimonial fund for Foxy I'd rather we do it that way. As a matter of discussion, rather than an offer, I could be tempted as far as 6/4 Orient. That would be for gambling purposes only. In my own mind I see them, as dispassionately as I can, as a 4/1 shot. However, I'm daft but not that daft! :)

I reckon you'll go bankrupt. If I have £71.81 at 4/7 and £28.19 at 3/1, I will make a £12.74 profit regardless of which team finishes higher.

You've made the odd book in your time, have you not?

Back
Top Bottom