Latest from Kevin McCabe

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There will be other interested parties - bound to be, but NOT whilst present incumbent is in situ or on his terms

Precisely. Unlike managers, where you've a chance at seeing what might be available, you'll only get buyers once you put the for sale sign up. I don't think it means we can't point out what's wrong, either to put pressure on McCabe and co. to do something or to make it known we want a new owner.

If they taught business studies to 5 year olds the first lesson would be don't touch a football club with a barge pole, McCabe is a great businessman is involvement with the Blades has been a financial disaster for him, how did you make your personal fortune?

Where did you make yours? Since you seem to think the only people allowed to comment are rich millionaires or kings of the business world.
McCabe chose his poison, as fans of a football club we are allowed to speak out.

Does anybody actually listen to anything KM says anymore. We are stuck with him till he decides to go, that's fact. He puts his money into the club that can't be disputed, he has made serious mistakes in the running of the club that is well documented. We all have opinions on his partnership with HRH, it appeared a strange setup at first and still does now. The club needs new ideas and leadership, but there aren't that many multimillionaires waiting around the corner.

Where did you make yours? Since you seem to think the only people allowed to comment are rich millionaires or kings of the business world.
McCabe chose his poison, as fans of a football club we are allowed to speak out.

Of course you are and I respect that but you can't honestly believe that someone would buy a football club to make money?

Pigs have got one, and he's putting his money in unlike our guys, who are, running a nice little business....

My opinion is we are perfect for a rich owner, it's all set up and done, and by comparison we are a cheap deal...

I want us up for sale, I want a new owner, I want actual investment, I want us to keep our players, I want us to have a good team.....

I want owners who want the same, not just talking about it and selling at the first sign of a few quid..

I don't think we are perfect solely because I have the strong suspicion that McCabe wants to get out what he put in, at least. The deal with the Prince probably shows the limit of any deal that can be done.

Of course you are and I respect that but you can't honestly believe that someone would buy a football club to make money?

You know, Barry, I actually think he did. I accept that you will disagree with me, but I think he imagined getting up to the PL and then Europe (Europe in 5 years speech) and that all without ploughing hundreds of millions into the club - as evidenced by the limited investment in our year in the PL. He is always going on about being in the PL, even now, and I think it's more than the wishes of a life-long fan. He's a business man, as you say, and he's approached SUFC from a business perspective from day 1 - which some people laud.

Ask yourself the following 2 questions a) Who owns the ground, hotel & Shirecliffe? b) how did he come by these?

McCabe has always owned them, he owned them when they were assets of Sufc Football Club and he owns them now they are assets of another company he owns, I think you do actually believe the McCabe has made money out of the blades? You do don't you?

Colm.two.books.2.jpg

I want to avoid relegation to League Two.

That's the extent of my ambitions for this rotten club, rotten board and rotten playing staff.

Am I allowed to want that or should I just be happy to have a club to support?

They won't have that many differing of opinions because they hardly speak;)

Phone rings "Princey darling, its Kev on the phone"

Princey "Kev mate, wots happening ?"

Kev "Hey!! - We are out of Bog Roll again, can you help"

Princey "of course mucker, how many rolls do you need ?"

Kev "A container full will do, I will put a couple of rolls in the Kop Bogs and one in the ladies, the rest are for home"

Princey "consider it done Kev"

Kev "cheers mately"

Click

Princey "easy this football owning lark"

You know, Barry, I actually think he did. I accept that you will disagree with me, but I think he imagined getting up to the PL and then Europe (Europe in 5 years speech) and that all without ploughing hundreds of millions into the club - as evidenced by the limited investment in our year in the PL. He is always going on about being in the PL, even now, and I think it's more than the wishes of a life-long fan. He's a business man, as you say, and he's approached SUFC from a business perspective from day 1 - which some people laud.

100% true. The Chengdu and Ferencvaros adventures were a manifestation of this.

It turns out, almost a decade later, that the most important thing to invest in was good players.

Barry have a look at the accounts of Blades Leisure for year ended June 2014 & specifically note 7 you might get a surprise

Ok we'll never really know his initial motives and we both have our opinions it has of course been a disaster for us all, me, you. him and every other blade!!!!

But if there are no alternatives then that does close down the debate (on who owns the club) - like it or not, surely?
To be honest that isn't really the debate. No one would object to KM or the Prince if there was an indication that the club was being well run but I'm afraid the only relevant benchmark is our league position.

All the majority of supporters want is for the club to punch its weight and once in a while look like we might actually achieve something.

I think he did. I also think he had a dream of on pitch success with us as well, but he didn't buy us just for that.

Well, yes and no. As I understand it, if someone now buys the company that owns the club, they do not get the ground as well. A different company owns that.

Yes that's how I see it. However much it makes sense on the accountants books, this is one thing he should never have done. I will stop short of saying "a genuine Blade would ever have done", but only just. It opens the doors for potential disaster in the future - unless someone can tell me I'm being dramatic.

Well, yes and no. As I understand it, if someone now buys the company that owns the club, they do not get the ground as well. A different company owns that.

Sorry meant the "club" as a whole rAther than the FC. The old Plc owns it (Sheffield United Ltd) that's controlled byMcCabe/ Scarborough.

Yes that's how I see it. However much it makes sense on the accountants books, this is one thing he should never have done. I will stop short of saying "a genuine Blade would ever have done", but only just. It opens the doors for potential disaster in the future - unless someone can tell me I'm being dramatic.

I imagine he took it out when looking for investors, making the level of cash input less.

If he wants to recoup his money than anyone buying the job lot would be starting with £25 million plus just for the balance sheet value of the properties. Then there's the £20 million shares in BL Ltd that he and the Prince had at June 2014, plus the share Premium for his debt to equity transfer of around £27 million.

Doesn't make us a bargain and would seem a high amount to pay for a L1 club.

I imagine he took it out when looking for investors, making the level of cash input less.

If he wants to recoup his money than anyone buying the job lot would be starting with £25 million plus just for the balance sheet value of the properties. Then there's the £20 million shares in BL Ltd that he and the Prince had at June 2014, plus the share Premium for his debt to equity transfer of around £27 million.

Doesn't make us a bargain and would seem a high amount to pay for a L1 club.
You appear to know the legalities & relationship between Blades Leisure & SUFC Ltd, can you explain in which legal entity the freehold on Bramall lane sits & also of which Co does the prince hold 50% ?

Without double checking and with the benefit of a few Morettis, but I think this is correct, the football club is owned by Blades Leisure Ltd. BL Ltd is owned 50/50 by a company owned by the Prince and by Sheffield United Ltd, (the old Plc).

Sheffield United Ltd owns all the freehold and leasehold properties which were transferred out of the football club (shareholders were informed at the time that this was happening) and an equivalent amount of debt was transferred from the football club balance sheet to SU Ltd.

Without double checking and with the benefit of a few Morettis, but I think this is correct, the football club is owned by Blades Leisure Ltd. BL Ltd is owned 50/50 by a company owned by the Prince and by Sheffield United Ltd, (the old Plc).

Sheffield United Ltd owns all the freehold and leasehold properties which were transferred out of the football club (shareholders were informed at the time that
I've got the accounts for BL which as you say owns SUFC, the ground isn't held within BL, have you got the accounts of SUFC Ltd?

Oh, and Sheffield United Ltd is owned/controlled by KMc/ Scarborough Group even though it's where Blades fans shareholdings are.
SU Ltd collects rents from the football club us an amount of interest, and in 2014 had income of less than £300 k.

The asset value of the freeholds etc is covered by an equivalent amount of debt in the 2014 accounts.

Personally, I think he began with the best intentions. He wanted Sheffield United to be in Europe and well-connected across the world. I believe he did this because he wanted the club to succeed, but at the same time to make money for himself as a businessman. I believe all the time in Turkey, Australia, China, Brazil etc was done with furthering the club in mind but also his own business. I found some information a while back which linked up Scarborough's business assets and the efforts he'd made to further the club's connections around the world.

I honestly think he expected us to be a top half Premiership side with connections all round the world. These connections would have generated the money to make him richer but also the club. It was obviously bad timing bit I believe a wealthier McCabe would have meant much more investment in the club. By bringing the prince in he for me was accepting that he can't do it alone.

I've got the accounts for BL which as you say owns SUFC, the ground isn't held within BL, have you got the accounts of SUFC Ltd?

All the accounts are available free at the moment at Companies House. Go to " find info about a company" and click on the "beta" trial service. You can download them as PDF files.

If you can't use the beta the old service let's you download them for £1 a set.

Oh, and Sheffield United Ltd is owned/controlled by KMc/ Scarborough Group even though it's where Blades fans shareholdings are.
SU Ltd collects rents from the football club us an amount of interest, and in 2014 had income of less than £300 k.

The asset value of the freeholds etc is covered by an equivalent amount of debt in the 2014 accounts.
Cheers, so the Prince holds 50% of not a lot really given all the juicy assets are held in SU Ltd which as you say is owned controlled by KM / Scarborough

Back
Top Bottom