Latest from Kevin McCabe

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

January transfer window in the Premiership when NW bought for the future rather than the here and now IMO

That's a tricky one. He said he couldn't justify signing a first choice striker as Hulse was doing such a sterling job so signed Stead as a back up and Shelton as one for the future. Fathi and Seck seemed complete failures though.

Either way they did it and we didn't and they are in the championship and we are not.

One mans fault

I dont follow that logic...

if both Rhodes and Beckford agreed to stay at the club and didnt demand to move... this means that a club who doesnt have to sell can keep hold of them and they will still "play for the club" rather than being petulent about turning down a dream move....

had Murphy or Maguire not demanded to move after their heads had been turned... then I would agree... but both wanted to move

to counter some of the claims that players would just "get on and play and be professional" I refer to Matt Kilgallon, who we told the buyer we wasnt prepared to sell... the player wanted to move, we told him no, and continued to play him... it was worse than playing with 10 men... he didnt look interested... he was then sold a couple of months later at a reduced price....

McCabe also has very little to do with the sanctioning of transfers incoming or outgoing... but hey lets not facts get in the way.... the amount of money McCabe has actually sunk into this club is staggering... and if you think he has made his money back.... then you need your head testing.. as you dont make a profit on football clubs... unless you are in the premiership... and even some of them dont...

That's a tricky one. He said he couldn't justify signing a first choice striker as Hulse was doing such a sterling job so signed Stead as a back up and Shelton as one for the future. Fathi and Seck seemed complete failures though.

No brainer for me he needed experience not inexperienced players to consolidate our 1st season in the Premiership, that should have been the target nothing else. A comparable scenario was the lack of a backup plan when CE got sent down, went for cheap cover and boy has it cost us.

When you look at the financial mess comparable clubs have gotten themselves in, has McCabe done that bad a job ?

I mean look at Bolton. Multiple years in the Prem and now on the brink of collapse due to debts of circa £170m.

One Hundred and Seventy MILLION pounds. Thats scary !

UTB

When you look at the financial mess comparable clubs have gotten themselves in, has McCabe done that bad a job ?

I mean look at Bolton. Multiple years in the Prem and now on the brink of collapse due to debts of circa £170m.

One Hundred and Seventy MILLION pounds. Thats scary !

UTB
That's a bit like saying Cameron isn't a right wing war mongerer because he's not as bad as Hitler.

If only Cameron would go and talk to Islamic State, however back to football I don't know anyone who wanted Robson and Lee Hendrie on 30K per week was probably our worst signing ever!!!!

If only Cameron would go and talk to Islamic State, however back to football I don't know anyone who wanted Robson and Lee Hendrie on 30K per week was probably our worst signing ever!!!!
I'm not sure it was Robson who signed him. We were linked to Hendrie well before that idiot joined us. I suspect Turry had his fingerprints on that, and signing Bully Sharp.

30crcll.jpg

I personally think the day we appointed Robson was the day all our shit started. I don't think relegation was necessarily a huge disaster. Loads of clubs bounce back up in a season or two but that appointment made sure we wouldn't be getting up first time around and then the season after McCabe panicked, cut the wage bill and began to sell every good player that happened to be on our books. People think United fans are angry about the whole Tevez stuff. I'd say more fans are angry about the ridiculous appointment of Robson. I still can't quite believe it happened

Worst decision in the last 25 years of the club. He was backed with enormous cash and pissed it up the wall on crocks and garbage players from the division above who went through the motions (sound familiar?).

We have to assume the Prince couldn't afford the assets and 100% ownership was never on the table.

He'd looked at Leeds and couldn't afford them, he needed a more affordable purchase to get involved in football.

I guess he was expecting his money injection to be enough to get out of Division 3.

God knows what will happen when his money runs out unless he knows someone else who may buy in ?

Does that mean we've spent all of the £1?

Does that mean we've spent all of the £1?
The Prince put £20M into the football club via share capital. McCabe wrote off the FC debts (although he made sure his company own the ground etc).

I can't remember the figure but I think Phipps said he's done £13M.

Last season's accounts will be out soon but it's bound to be losses.

Whether we like it or not it's an expensive business paying footballers especially with the size of squad we've got.

What's heartbreaking is it is no guarantee of success as we demonstrate year after year.

The Prince put £20M into the football club via share capital. McCabe wrote off the FC debts (although he made sure his company own the ground etc).

I can't remember the figure but I think Phipps said he's done £13M.

Last season's accounts will be out soon but it's bound to be losses.

Whether we like it or not it's an expensive business paying footballers especially with the size of squad we've got.

What's heartbreaking is it is no guarantee of success as we demonstrate year after year.

It was ten million each, KMs ten being loans ( £37m )transferred to equity and a share premium account. Think HRH has done a further input of £3m in shares this year.

It was ten million each, KMs ten being loans ( £37m )transferred to equity and a share premium account. Think HRH has done a further input of £3m in shares this year.
I haven't actually seen any notes to the accounts. I didn't realise the £20M was split 50/50.

Back
Top Bottom