Kaine Kessler-Hayden

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Isn’t he a RB? Would seem odd to sign another so soon after the signing of Curtis.

We have Bogle and we will need another so could be a shout.

Isn’t he a RB? Would seem odd to sign another so soon after the signing of Curtis.
Not really, Baldock is out of contract and probably unlikely to sign another either because

A) he's likely one of our highest earners and would remain so, when we're trimming the wage bill.

B) he may want one more crack at the Premier League or top flight football in another country to help his international career.

Bogle is a garbage defender in both the Championship and Premier League. I'd happily keep him as a winger and give him another one year deal for that position only.

That would leave us with just Curtis, who is unproven at Championship level. Kessler-Hayden is still under contract until 2026 and has been out on loan every season since joining Villa in 2021. It looks like he might not be part of their plans and they may be looking to sell, as they won't get a lot long term from sending him out on loan again.

Not really, Baldock is out of contract and probably unlikely to sign another either because

A) he's likely one of our highest earners and would remain so, when we're trimming the wage bill.

B) he may want one more crack at the Premier League or top flight football in another country to help his international career.

Bogle is a garbage defender in both the Championship and Premier League. I'd happily keep him as a winger and give him another one year deal for that position only.

That would leave us with just Curtis, who is unproven at Championship level. Kessler-Hayden is still under contract until 2026 and has been out on loan every season since joining Villa in 2021. It looks like he might not be part of their plans and they may be looking to sell, as they won't get a lot long term from sending him out on loan again.

I think Baldock may well be moved on due to his injury record too. He seems to be picking up a lot of muscular issues. His big strengths were his speed, physical fitness and character/attitude/leadership. The first two are diminishing qualities at this stage. There's an argument that the new fitness staff will sort Baldock out before next season, but it'd be a gamble. I guess you could say the same about RND, Egan, Lowe, Davies, Mcburnie, Osborn and others that seem to suffer regular muscle injuries. Baldock also plays RWB; there's a lot of running involved - Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday...

I wouldn't be too sure that his salary is that bad as he signed the last one at a similar stage to where we are now: pretty much down. You'd like to think the salary he's on reflects that. Baldock, Basham, Sharp, Robinson and maybe a few others should've been the ones that had affordable Champ salaries as they signed them when we were in the Champ. I'm glad I'm not the one having to make these gambles.

That would leave us with just Curtis, who is unproven at Championship level.

So was Ndiaye. If a club whose natural level is upper half of Championship with occasional pops into the Premier League takes an approach of waiting for players to be "proven", that's an incredibly expensive and inefficient methodology to use which gets you into huge trouble if you do get promotion. How does someone get "proven" in the Championship? It's usually by not being good enough for the next level. I know it's popular for some to shit on all of our youngsters (and, for that matter, the first XI), but come on now

I think Baldock may well be moved on due to his injury record too. He seems to be picking up a lot of muscular issues. His big strengths were his speed, physical fitness and character/attitude/leadership. The first two are diminishing qualities at this stage. There's an argument that the new fitness staff will sort Baldock out before next season, but it'd be a gamble. I guess you could say the same about RND, Egan, Lowe, Davies, Mcburnie, Osborn and others that seem to suffer regular muscle injuries. Baldock also plays RWB; there's a lot of running involved - Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday...

At the same time, the physical stresses of the Championship are nowhere near what they are in the Premier League, an extra eight league games not withstanding

The kid from Ireland? Why are some people so sure he's ready as if they know anything about Irish football?
But we do know Irish football mate. Some think as we signed a play at 18 he should start.

With critical thinking we realise he’s a good youth prospect who has played at Non League level and done well. He isn’t ready for 46 games in the championship

But we do know Irish football mate. Some think as we signed a play at 18 he should start.

With critical thinking we realise he’s a good youth prospect who has played at Non League level and done well. He isn’t ready for 46 games in the championship

By that rationale Arblaster should fuck off to Doncaster, as prior to this season he's not played at a level higher than Bradford Park Avenue apart from less than one full game's worth of token Championship appearances 😒

Is this lad not been offered a deal by villa then?

I think if this is true it tells us potentially both Bogle and Baldock will be leaving for pastures new. I suspect Baldock will fancy Greece and Bogle will want to stay in the PL, probably with one of the promoted teams.

Whether we think Bogle is good enough for the PL is another matter but I'm sure he'll want to stay in the PL and any offer we may put his way is likely to be matched by other championship clubs because I'd imagine that they'll be interest too from top end championship clubs.

Boro and Hull have both made offers as well.
So now all 3 of us have made offers for him?

Be interesting to see how we get on competing against mid standard championship sides financially.

People still believe this bloke? Fair enough

So now all 3 of us have made offers for him?

Be interesting to see how we get on competing against mid standard championship sides financially.
It also depends how much each of the respective clubs want him, what alternatives they have, and which other players they’ve identified.

Back
Top Bottom