Promotion option

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

When you win promotion you get a choice to:

• Total voters

botoble

Reaction score
If we somehow rebuild a team for promotion next season and finish 1st 2nd or win the play offs would you rather…

Chatting in a pub yesterday a man referred to a perfect season being getting to Wembley in play off final and losing.

Swindon did one better in 1990 getting to
Wembley, winning but due to financial issues staying down. This would be my perfect season.

If we somehow rebuild a team for promotion next season and finish 1st 2nd or win the play offs would you rather…

Chatting in a pub yesterday a man referred to a perfect season being getting to Wembley in play off final and losing.

Wembley, winning but due to financial issues staying down. This would be my perfect season.

Are you a goldfish? Did you enjoy our 4 playoff final defeats?

Jesus wept.

Are you a goldfish? Did you enjoy our 4 playoff final defeats?

Jesus wept.

Sorry what part of what i wrote makes what you said a reasonable response.

Maybe read again

Only a fucking backward club with fans to match would stand by and accept that we aren’t fit to compete at the top level so be happy to simply stay in the championship.

Give your head a wobble, we should be looking to enjoy the highest level of football there is, and are as deserving as any other clubs fans in doing so.
We shouldn’t have to accept second rate because the owner and his board haven’t a fucking clue how to run a football club successfully.

Winning the championship is successful.

Staying up or performing a miracle and finishing mid-table is the biggest success we can dream of in the Prem.

However being a Crystal Palace fan must be pants. Finishing between 10th and 15th in the prem every year for the last 15 and if they go down they would be in an absolute mess like any team that gets relegated after a long stint in the prem.

I believe and it’s been mentioned before that the championship is the most exciting league in the world.

Winning the championship is successful.

Staying up or performing a miracle and finishing mid-table is the biggest success we can dream of in the Prem.

However being a Crystal Palace fan must be pants. Finishing between 10th and 15th in the prem every year for the last 15 and if they go down they would be in an absolute mess like any team that gets relegated after a long stint in the prem.

I believe and it’s been mentioned before that the championship is the most exciting league in the world.
Ask Rotherham how exciting it is.

I know plenty of people considering not renewing next season after this year. But I don’t understand that. I enjoy the game better in the championship.

It used to be because the games were almost always 1500pm sat or 1945pm Tuesday, but that’s changed a bit as well. Would be good for the EFL product to get back to this more and push for allowing 3pm games to be on tv as well.

The game is better to watch in the Championship, refereeing is still crap but it’s more balanced.

There are more games, there’s no VAR, the gap between top and bottom is not as big

I’ll probably renew again if we come up, but doubtful I’ll go to that many games as it’s just not an enjoyable day out in the premier league

I know plenty of people considering not renewing next season after this year. But I don’t understand that. I enjoy the game better in the championship.

Watching a team win rather than lose is more enjoyable shocker

We had a good season on the pitch pre covid in the Premier League last time, but it wasn’t enjoyable. Even the wins and draws I’ve seen this season, they’ve not been enjoyable to go to.

Ironically the best day out was the Villa 0-5 which I left at half time to go to the pub.

Maybe the pub is the bit I enjoy 😂

That was in the top three seasons of my time supporting SUFC. Really struggle to understand anyone saying it wasn’t enjoyable, it was absolutely fantastic IMHO.
Living the dream, everything semt to slot into place for us. Thought we had arrived proper 😔

I'd take being Luton and only points deductions keeping their chances alive over the absolutely pony league that is the championship

Imagine trying to attract players on the basis we'll refuse promotion if we're successful.

If we want to keep our best players (Academy graduates and others) for a reasonable period of time, we need to get promoted. If we want to get a Category 1 Academy and a new training ground, we’ll need to get promoted.

That first CWAK season in the Prem was superb. Bloodying noises left, right and centre. I do enjoy the experience of the championship more though. The chase is better than the destination. I suppose it helps when the chase is packed with wins, as opposed to getting hammered every week.

As had been said a thousand times elsewhere, if we, as a club, could finance a proper go, with players (wages) good enough to truly compete then the PL is clearly the place to be. BUT if we continue to be owned by people that can't afford dinner at the top table, being a big fish in a small pond offers a much better fan experience. It's about scoring goals and winning games. Without that, it's arduous.

Can't disagree with the winning bit ! professional sport is all about winning even if we can't all be winners.
Standstill and you go backwoods.
What's the answer?
Stopping the out of control wages footballers get these days!,this is the spiral that is crippling football.
Teams owned by billionaires are the problem as wages or fines for mismanagement means nothing to them.
Pay it and move on is there motto and the powers that be are letting them take control! Loss of FACUP replays + 5 substitutes( choosing from 9 it will soon be 11 for sure) are the latest,you can bet there will be more.
Don't like America but they are far better at creating a level playing field even though it is powered by money.
Solution! Is there one!? !money is the root of most evil ! most who have it want to keep it and grow it!
Those without it try to (work) get some ! With a minority ruining it for everyone by stealing in one form or another.
Bit depressing all that int it!.
Still plenty of positives in life! If you can't change it! Accept it and get on with it.
Come on you Blades!
Next season of course.!

Can't disagree with the winning bit ! professional sport is all about winning even if we can't all be winners.
Standstill and you go backwoods.
What's the answer?
Stopping the out of control wages footballers get these days!,this is the spiral that is crippling football.
Teams owned by billionaires are the problem as wages or fines for mismanagement means nothing to them.
Pay it and move on is there motto and the powers that be are letting them take control! Loss of FACUP replays + 5 substitutes( choosing from 9 it will soon be 11 for sure) are the latest,you can bet there will be more.
Don't like America but they are far better at creating a level playing field even though it is powered by money.
Solution! Is there one!? !money is the root of most evil ! most who have it want to keep it and grow it!
Those without it try to (work) get some ! With a minority ruining it for everyone by stealing in one form or another.
Bit depressing all that int it!.
Still plenty of positives in life! If you can't change it! Accept it and get on with it.
Come on you Blades!
Next season of course.!
Apologies for the rant I feel better now!!!👍😏

Only a fucking backward club with fans to match would stand by and accept that we aren’t fit to compete at the top level so be happy to simply stay in the championship.

Give your head a wobble, we should be looking to enjoy the highest level of football there is, and are as deserving as any other clubs fans in doing so.
We shouldn’t have to accept second rate because the owner and his board haven’t a fucking clue how to run a football club successfully.
But it isnt enjoyable when you cannot compete? Do you honestly think a team of freebies, loans and journeymen even if it does get promoted without significant financial backing will again inevitably end up getting less than 20 points

abdullah and betis threw the players and the fans under a bus before a ball was kicked this season we never stood a chance of survival with the squad assembled and personally would sooner us stay in the championship than endure another season like this one

Losing a playoff final is pure misery. Earning something and then not getting it would be a new (awful) Unitedy thing to do.

It's been bad, but we just have to hope next time we go up is a lot more like 2019.

End of this season Buying 5 /6 decent players and 5 good loans with views to buy if we go up, Then mold them this season so we have a half decent chance of staying in the prem the year after

End of this season Buying 5 /6 decent players and 5 good loans with views to buy if we go up, Then mold them this season so we have a half decent chance of staying in the prem the year after
cant see there being that many coming in if we sell anel and souza think we might make a couple of permanent signings add to that 3/4 loans and we should be ok

My issue is for a club of our size the Premier league isn’t sustainable and does untold damage due to us essentially gambling to stay up.

Unless we get massive investment then a season or 2 in the prem involves us spending big to show we are “having a go” and still being favourites to go down before eventually being relegated and only being 12 months away from financial turmoil unless we get promoted at the first time of asking.

Which ever team doesn’t get promoted out of Leicester, Leeds and Southampton will likely see them facing a points deduction or financial uncertainty in the next year or so.

Where as a big pay day and staying down means you only have to marginally improve whilst spending within your means instead of having to risk your clubs finances to compete in the Prem.

Back
Top Bottom