January Shopping List

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hasn't DS said 3 lined up ready, sure I've heard or seen something

On loan deals? and how do you know that money won't be made available?
You could be right, the market for top end Championship has deflated somewhat since Wilder was last here. At that time Villa’s strategy was just to watch who we were in for and pay double and they aren’t in the market anymore and no one else has stepped in.
Compare Oli Watkins and the prices received for Gyökeres, Ndiaye, Piroe, Hamer, Akpom last summer.

Last edited:
Have a feeling we won't be signing any domestics. Don't know why. A few more foreigners I feel, cheaper. Maybe a Brit playing, or not playing enough, in a European league wanting to come back to UK. Like I said, DKW, I'm not IDK, just GAF. (Got a feeling)
I think Wilder will be keen to fill the squad with the sort of players who've done well for him in the past - mainly UK/Irish players with good attitudes who will work for him. That'd be sensible too, and they'd form the next core, along with around 10 who are already here

One in a European league who may want to come back is Josh Doig, a good young attacking LWB at Verona who's not starting for them. That would be money well spent if we could afford it

We need at some point in the next 12 months to find

GK

CB- capable of playing both centrally and on the right
CM- a player capable of being the controller and focal point of the midfield
AM
ST- someone to lead the line and offer a focal point of others to play off
LB - hopefully RND comes back and finds form but even so we’ll need to find cover/competition for him.
Unless a contract is signed it with be 2 keepers we will be looking for in the summer. No contracted keepers
Personally my number 1 priority even if just an 18 month deal with an option of a year extension would to sign Wes up. Then can start looking at deadwood out and replacing and rebuilding

Because we are skint? I thought that was obvious to be honest mate.
But we SUFC shouldn't be skint. SUFC revenue has provided loads of money to the other United, World clubs in Belgium, France, India & Dubai. We provide the revenue to United World according to the CEO of UW Mohammed on our Board. You may not be bothered, but it grieves me we could have a much better team & squad if all SUFC's revenue / Prem money & Parachute payments gravy train was spent on SUFC. It hasn't & the quicker Abdullah sells the better. He won't get £170 M.... greedy bit.... as we're worth approx £60 M.

What positions do we need to fill and who are the realistic targets? I expect it will be loans that won't kill us financially in the long run.

GK?
Powerfull pacey striker?
Attacking midfielder?
A giant CB maybe?

Top end Championship may be the pond that we'll be fishing in.
We will be lucky if Wilder is allowed in Aldi! He won’t get anywhere near waitrose.

But we SUFC shouldn't be skint. SUFC revenue has provided loads of money to the other United, World clubs in Belgium, France, India & Dubai. We provide the revenue to United World according to the CEO of UW Mohammed on our Board. You may not be bothered, but it grieves me we could have a much better team & squad if all SUFC's revenue / Prem money & Parachute payments gravy train was spent on SUFC. It hasn't & the quicker Abdullah sells the better. He won't get £170 M.... greedy bit.... as we're worth approx £60 M.
The accounts show you how much UW have had from the club….. next to fuck all. It’s a shit concept but it’s not bleeding Sheffield United dry in any way, shape or form. The reasons we struggled financially last year are numerous and well documented if you care to read about them. Making stuff up to suit a narrative or just because you believe it to be true just makes you look daft when there is evidence to prove it wrong in the public domain.

Unless a contract is signed it with be 2 keepers we will be looking for in the summer. No contracted keepers
Personally my number 1 priority even if just an 18 month deal with an option of a year extension would to sign Wes up. Then can start looking at deadwood out and replacing and rebuilding
No no no no, Wes is in that "Deadwood" category and is becoming more of a liability as the season goes on. Yes, he does make some saves but you just know there's always that fook up waiting to arise........needs to go .....

its a big dillema with wes hes made some brilliant saves this season but hes got a horrendous mistake in him every game so i think a keeper to challenge him needs to be brought in and definetly another striker i reckon 1 permanent and 3 loans to come in

All of that I could agree with.

But we don’t have money and everyone knows that.

Yes, a cashflow issue, since when agreements were renegotiated and PL money came in & didn’t get squandered. There will be money available, it depends on how much the Prince wants to gamble.
I will bet you we don’t spend £5m I’d be shocked if it even gets near to £5m

perfect world & highly unlikely :

GK
Centre Half
Ball Carrying Midfielder
Creative Midfielder
2 Forwards with physical presence & fast

All to be over 6 foot

# No more midgets

I think Wilder will be keen to fill the squad with the sort of players who've done well for him in the past - mainly UK/Irish players with good attitudes who will work for him. That'd be sensible too, and they'd form the next core, along with around 10 who are already here

One in a European league who may want to come back is Josh Doig, a good young attacking LWB at Verona who's not starting for them. That would be money well spent if we could afford it
You are probably right but i think this mindset is why we are struggling now.

We have a core of ‘good lads’ who try hard but have their limitations. This is why we can’t compete. Why we can’t hold the ball. To replace osborne, baldock, bogle, lowe, egan, fleck, with the exact same thing but a bit younger personally I think would be a mistake and see us struggle to compete with more technical teams who tend to end up in the prem or top of the league.

Would rather us promote the youth mixed in with some more technical players (purchases) than just buy lots of average players. I think this would give us better short and long term success personally.

perfect world & highly unlikely :

GK
Centre Half
Ball Carrying Midfielder
Creative Midfielder
2 Forwards with physical presence & fast

All to be over 6 foot

# No more midgets
We have to buy midgets as they come in cheaper. It goes on length of the player. Size does matter!

It costs £1m per extra inch in length 😉

No no no no, Wes is in that "Deadwood" category and is becoming more of a liability as the season goes on. Yes, he does make some saves but you just know there's always that fook up waiting to arise........needs to go .....
We are going to be in the Championship next season. Unless a miracle happens which is highly unlikely, going in with a limited budget, there is an opportunity to sign him even if he is there as a number 2 bringing in a loan to take the number 1 spot. Every keeper has that fuck up waiting to arise, European keepers used to be all about punching rather than catching. This window realistically needs to be getting a step ahead with the next window, as by the time the summer comes we need 2 keepers and probably looking to strengthen or replace elsewhere too.

And then had to continue selling players. Yes.
If both of those players wanted to finish their final year with us... they would still be here today. Nothing to do with 'they must be sold for now' for cash flow issues.

Transfer fees or the wage bill? You’ve been wrong on most things so probability suggests you will be wrong again. But we’ll see.
I’ve literally not been wrong with any predictions for years 😂

But this one is the easiest one in the world. You must be in the 1% club thinking we will spend money 😂

If both of those players wanted to finish their final year with us... they would still be here today. Nothing to do with 'they must be sold for now' for cash flow issues.
so our net spend is still low. But you think it’ll change. Unreal what a Christmas your having.

Back
Top Bottom