January Shopping List

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We have to buy midgets as they come in cheaper. It goes on length of the player. Size does matter!

It costs £1m per extra inch in length 😉
That’s good then. They’ll be loads looking for new jobs post Christmas.

I’ve literally not been wrong with any predictions for years 😂

But this one is the easiest one in the world. You must be in the 1% club thinking we will spend money 😂
Nobody knows for sure, but if we are in touching distance of 17th place by the end of January then surely it makes sense to strengthen?

There is litterelly no point in buying/loaning players that won't improve us - therefor, it's going to cost money to have a chance. We will strengthen and it makes financial sense to only loan, and that would be risk free expensive loans as they'll only be here for 5 months max.

If we are 10 or more points adrift by the middle of January, then we should stick and not twist.

The result of the Luton game may dictate how much our spending will be.

Nobody knows for sure, but if we are in touching distance of 17th place by the end of January then surely it makes sense to strengthen?

There is litterelly no point in buying/loaning players that won't improve us - therefor, it's going to cost money to have a chance. We will strengthen and it makes financial sense to only loan, and that would be risk free expensive loans as they'll only be here for 5 months max.

If we are 10 or more points adrift by the middle of January, then we should stick and not twist.

The result of the Luton game may dictate how much our spending will be.
This is the statement everyone was looking for. Win and still a hope, lose and season is done other than playing for places. If any hope might be some spare change found but if going down, we could stay as we are or potentially look to lure players for 5 months in the Premiership so they have that on their CVs with a view of building a Championship squad.

We have to buy midgets as they come in cheaper. It goes on length of the player. Size does matter!

It costs £1m per extra inch in length 😉
True

I also charge by the inch - £4.50 is my top rate

Why do people think there will be money now when there clearly wasn't in the summer?

think the game with luton on boxing day could have a big influence on what we spend in january a win and were back in it and may convince abdullah to invest that bit more a defeat and its hard to see us getting out of the bottom 3 in which case i think the major funds will be saved for a recruitment drive next summer

Have to be honest not looking forward to boxing day

You are probably right but i think this mindset is why we are struggling now.

We have a core of ‘good lads’ who try hard but have their limitations. This is why we can’t compete. Why we can’t hold the ball. To replace osborne, baldock, bogle, lowe, egan, fleck, with the exact same thing but a bit younger personally I think would be a mistake and see us struggle to compete with more technical teams who tend to end up in the prem or top of the league.

Would rather us promote the youth mixed in with some more technical players (purchases) than just buy lots of average players. I think this would give us better short and long term success personally.
I see what you're saying, but we can't take for granted what has served us well. If we carry on refreshing what has worked, we should always be thereabouts. We need the Good Lad building blocks to integrate younger, more technical players around.
But focusing too much on youth and technical ability is a likely road to mediocrity for us. Too much room for error. I'm thinking very much in terms of getting back up. Next time we're in the PL we definitely can't be settling for 20% possession on a regular basis

But we SUFC shouldn't be skint. SUFC revenue has provided loads of money to the other United, World clubs in Belgium, France, India & Dubai. We provide the revenue to United World according to the CEO of UW Mohammed on our Board. You may not be bothered, but it grieves me we could have a much better team & squad if all SUFC's revenue / Prem money & Parachute payments gravy train was spent on SUFC. It hasn't & the quicker Abdullah sells the better. He won't get £170 M.... greedy bit.... as we're worth approx £60 M.

Looks like the research has been done again…….

We are skint even though we should be absolutely loaded.

Just nipping into a few places with the receipts to take them back is all we need this year.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Three seasons out of the last five in the Premier League
The other two seasons receiving parachute payments
A team full of shit with an average value of a League One team
Cheapest wage payers in the Prem, and even with parachute payments in the Championship, nowhere near the highest wages.
Boring players without an ounce of skill or excitement in them.
And still as skint as any other period in it's entire boring history.

That takes a very special sort of planning that.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Three seasons out of the last five in the Premier League
The other two seasons receiving parachute payments
A team full of shit with an average value of a League One team
Cheapest wage payers in the Prem, and even with parachute payments in the Championship, nowhere near the highest wages.
Boring players without an ounce of skill or excitement in them.
And still as skint as any other period in it's entire boring history.

That takes a very special sort of planning that.
Fannie.

First. 🤣😅

Back
Top Bottom