It’s a pre season friendly

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The counter argument is that Mansfield also played behind closed doors on the hottest day and they scored 3 and kept a clean sheet.

I'll save judgement until the end of September like I always do.

I don't buy all this lack of fans is a disadvantage crap. Every team in the Premier league didn't have fans after the restart not just us, and they managed fine. Liverpool won the Premier League title behind closed doors. What's special about us?

And? It’s pre season
And in fairness to them they were probably more up for it as a higher league scalp can do wonders for confidence going into the season. I remember when we used to play a Premier League team in pre-season in out last warm up game, and the team would put in one hell of a shift and we often won. I can't see our players being that motivated to give their all, rightfully or wrongfully, against lower league opposition in a meaningless match. That said, they should still be able to do the basics like mark players and not let in cheap avoidable goals.

Worrying developments tonight. Is this now in our DNA?

Children wet the bed for numerous reasons – here are a few of the most common:
  • Time. Some children need extra time to develop control of their bladder.
  • Genetics. Children who wet the bed tend to have a parent, aunt, uncle, or grandparent who wet the bed until a late age, suggesting a genetic component.
  • Sleep. Children whose sleep is disturbed by snoring, television or pets, and children who are deep sleepers are more likely to wet the bed.
  • Stress or life changes. Going through big changes like moving or a new sibling, or other stressors, can lead to children wetting the bed after being dry for a long period.
  • Medical. Medical reasons such as having a urinary tract infection (UTI), constipation, or differences in the way the body is built or functions – like a small bladder or making too much urine – could be the cause. In addition, Type 1 Diabetes can also first show up as bedwetting along with increased thirst and urination.

I believe Mansfield made 11 subs by the time we made subs 2 and 3... Probably helped considerably in the crazy heat!

We were trying to get our first eleven up to fitness. They made six subs after half an hour.

Friendlies are literally non-competitive matches.

I believe Mansfield made 11 subs by the time we made subs 2 and 3... Probably helped considerably in the crazy heat!

We were trying to get our first eleven up to fitness. They made six subs after half an hour.

Friendlies are literally non-competitive matches.
So we lost 3-0 to Mansfield’s reserve team?

To be fair we outplayed Bolton with Long, Hussey and Done in the team. Genius that Wilder
He got it right eventually, didn't he.

Hecky may as well. But like Wilder he may have to address a few things first, and let's hope we won't have to wait till late August for the first win. :)

Things not to worry about

• Pre-Season Results
  • Egan defensive mistakes. The man is rock solid
  • Defence in general. We had one of the best last year under hecky, and we have just brought in two high end improvements.

Things to actually worry about:

• I don't know who was playing in his shirt the back end of last year, but it looks like Jack Robinson is back
  • Baldock came off injured - Broadbent doesn't look like he can fill in at RWB. We may be playing Osborn there again.
  • We have 1 "fit" senior striker in Brewster. Osula/Jebbo don't look like they are quite ready (nor should we expect them to be at their age).
  • Central Midfield. Who pairs with Norwood? What if Norwood gets injured?. Doyle was hopefully going to be a big part of mitigating these issues but his absence reminds us we need more options as the drop off is steep.

Worrying developments tonight. Is this now in our DNA?

Children wet the bed for numerous reasons – here are a few of the most common:
  • Time. Some children need extra time to develop control of their bladder.
  • Genetics. Children who wet the bed tend to have a parent, aunt, uncle, or grandparent who wet the bed until a late age, suggesting a genetic component.
  • Sleep. Children whose sleep is disturbed by snoring, television or pets, and children who are deep sleepers are more likely to wet the bed.
  • Stress or life changes. Going through big changes like moving or a new sibling, or other stressors, can lead to children wetting the bed after being dry for a long period.
  • Medical. Medical reasons such as having a urinary tract infection (UTI), constipation, or differences in the way the body is built or functions – like a small bladder or making too much urine – could be the cause. In addition, Type 1 Diabetes can also first show up as bedwetting along with increased thirst and urination.

I’ll let you know in the morning

He got it right eventually, didn't he.

Hecky may as well. But like Wilder he may have to address a few things first, and let's hope we won't have to wait till late August for the first win. :)
He got it right by changing formation and tactics. Something Hecky hasn’t learnt to do yet. Pre season would have been a fantastic opportunity to try something new tactics wise

Back
Top Bottom