Find us a Doyle

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Without a change of ownership that was impossible. Doyle reportedly wouldn’t accept a relegation pay reduction clause, and Henderson’s wages were so inflated by his Man U contact that we are light years away from being in his market.
True unfortunately

Until we get a new owner with real money to invest then we are just trying to tread water .

3 out of 5 seasons in the prem league plus 2 parachute 🪂 payment seasons included in the 5 , with , at worst , another 2 para seasons to come and we haven’t got a pot to piss in , in relation to actively giving ourselves an outside chance of staying in the worlds top league .

Sad 😔

Any premier league top six kids having a low-key first loan in the championship this year? That's what Doyle was before we got him. Can't say I have watched much championship football this season

True unfortunately

Until we get a new owner with real money to invest then we are just trying to tread water .

3 out of 5 seasons in the prem league plus 2 parachute 🪂 payment seasons included in the 5 , with , at worst , another 2 para seasons to come and we haven’t got a pot to piss in , in relation to actively giving ourselves an outside chance of staying in the worlds top league .

Sad 😔
Exactly this....2.years from now we will have had 7 years of PL money...yet we seem to have the budget of a championship team at best.

I like Doyle and enjoyed his season with us, think he's a good top-end Championship midfielder or lower Prem. But I'd like us to move away from the practice of building our midfield around a slight, technically gifted but physically unimposing playmaker.

I like Doyle and enjoyed his season with us, think he's a good top-end Championship midfielder or lower Prem. But I'd like us to move away from the practice of building our midfield around a slight, technically gifted but physically unimposing playmaker.
It's fine if u have a physical ball winner next to them. Doyle isn't weak, he gets around the pitch and had a goal in him

I have good news.

THE PLAN is to build it around stgbpup's from the Academy. On one year deals. Stop hating my club.

Carney Chukwuemeka on loan was … and is your man. Returned from injury and late sub for Chelsea today.
A couple of levels above Brooks.
Would be great alongside Souza…

I liked Doyle but he's not the box to box player we currently require.

Exactly this....2.years from now we will have had 7 years of PL money...yet we seem to have the budget of a championship team at best.
No one in the PL is paying PL wages unless someone is writing a cheque to cover the losses. We don’t have that luxury.

Type of player and I really think we have a chance of staying up. Someone to replace Norwood so temptation to play him with all fingers crossed is removed .

Someone in the Doyle mould with energy , passing ability and intelligence .

Just sayin
We could sign a doyle tomorrow we still goin down because: wait for it
Foderingham - championship
Robinson - championship
Bogle - championship
Egan - championship
Anel - championship
Norwood - championship
Souza - championship
Hamer - championship
Brooks - championship at best
Mcatee - premier league
McBurnie - championship
Archer - championship/lower prem potential
RND championship/prem potential
Brewster - championship

Robinson - championship
Bogle - championship
Egan - championship
Anel - championship
Norwood - championship
Souza - championship
Hamer - championship
Mcatee - premier league
McBurnie - championship
Brewster - championship
Wednesday = LG 1

Could Arblaster fill Doyle’s shoes.
It’s a big ask, I know, fora young kid, but people I know at the Vale say he’s the real deal.
I rememberBrooks was going to Chesterfield until a recall, and the rest is history.Just saying.

Tommy Doyle should have been our number one priority in pre season. Not chasing this has probably cost Heck his job, and us any chance of staying in the Prem.
Fully agree with this. Either Tommy Doyle or Connor Coady would have been a great addition to the team / squad. Coady especially is absolutely wasted in the Championship.

Robinson - championship
Bogle - championship
Egan - championship
Anel - championship
Norwood - championship
Souza - championship
Hamer - championship
Mcatee - premier league
McBurnie - championship
Brewster - championship
7 starts and you have Brooks career sorted? Impressive

Wednesday = LG 1
What's that got to do with anything? Oh yeah I get it now because I happen to think that 90% of our starting 11 are championship quality I must be a wednesday fan, because the fact that they have been an absolute disgrace to the premier league for almost 2 seasons has to be overlooked because we can't criticise our own ever

What's that got to do with anything? Oh yeah I get it now because I happen to think that 90% of our starting 11 are championship quality I must be a wednesday fan, because the fact that they have been an absolute disgrace to the premier league for almost 2 seasons has to be overlooked because we can't criticise our own ever
Why are you pretending to be a blade ?
Bit sad mate

Robinson - championship
Bogle - championship
Egan - championship
Anel - championship
Norwood - championship
Souza - championship
Hamer - championship
Mcatee - premier league
McBurnie - championship
Brewster - championship
Seems as the team got promoted from the Championship then yeah, it makes sense, well done and congratulations.

TD alone won’t have saved us this season.

Back line has on the whole been abysmal, keeper exposed, front line short on quality and numbers, and midfield slowing down with most well out of their depth, injured or both.
Only thing that is worse is knowing that if we’d gone all out to get him we may not have wasted money on the poor signings we picked up in the summer. And then at least still had a saleable asset for our inevitable relegation.

But we have to be honest, baring McAtee and maybe Archer the rest aren’t really looking like premier league players any other prem clubs or promoted sides might be interested in. They may however keep us competitive for a promotion effort again but the problem remains going forwards

We have two players who are 33 in a few months Norwood and Fleck sell them and put the money raised and bring in a young athletic player.

🫣🫣🫣🫣😬

Oh no mate

You got sucked in ….withdraw now

Weren't his wages above what we could afford?

It's fine if u have a physical ball winner next to them. Doyle isn't weak, he gets around the pitch and had a goal in him
Having just watched Everton v Villa it is so obvious that we lack physicality across the whole pitch. Tackling has just about been outlawed but pushing, holding, grappling etc etc is now accepted as part of the game. Across the pitch we lack the strength to be able to compete with most teams at this level. Going forward we get bullied off the ball so easily.
Tommy Doyle, whilst I like him as a player wouldn't have added any strength to our midfield.

Whatever anyone`s opinion of Michael Doyle happens to be, I think we won more games when he was in the team than when he wasn`t.
And he cared. His on the pitch interview after we beat Charlton in the fa cup where he was in tears and is exactly the kind of player we lack right now imo

We have two players who are 33 in a few months Norwood and Fleck sell them and put the money raised and bring in a young athletic player.

If only. But I can't imagine combined you'd get more than 500k.

Fleck is seemingly up for sale ATM, and predictably there doesn't seem to be a queue forming.

Back
Top Bottom