Outgoing? Diego Di Girolamo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

But...but...but....Diego is no longer, or soon to be, a Blade? That page is closed, he's looking elsewhere, and I hope he finds a home where he can dedicate himself to becoming a better player.
If he does leave he will have left having done nothing wrong. He wanted to play football, he dropped a division to do so. He obviously never thought he was going to get a chance under the messiah so he didn't want to sign the contract. Has it gone on too long now for him to not sign it? Or does he see Clough going as the chance to kickstart his career with us? I personally hope it's the latter but i think the ship might have already sailed which will bring music to the ears of some fans on here for some reason:rolleyes:

If he does leave he will have left having done nothing wrong. He wanted to play football, he dropped a division to do so. He obviously never thought he was going to get a chance under the messiah so he didn't want to sign the contract. Has it gone on too long now for him to not sign it? Or does he see Clough going as the chance to kickstart his career with us? I personally hope it's the latter but i think the ship might have already sailed which will bring music to the ears of some fans on here for some reason:rolleyes:

All fair questions wiz, and this is a topic that I feel I've exhausted myself on. I saw Diego play, I liked what I saw, but as for the 'behind the scenes' stuff, it doesn't matter now. I hope the boy has a good career, talent in football isn't as prolific as some would have us believe, so I wish him the best wherever he ends up.

Diego is an amazing player, surely we must see that !, his name is Diego for god sake !. We should move heaven and earth to get him signed, did I mention he's called Diego

Not a cat in hells chance that the next manager will go with two inexperienced youngsters up front.

If he doesn't get us up next season he will be sacked, so what's the point in developing players for some other mug to benefit from?
Would like to see them both up top though together. If only in a no risk JPT game to see if it would work.

Great post and what a brilliant contribution to the thread, keep it up:rolleyes:
Honestly I don't see what the big deal is about him, if his name was Dave smith and we judged him on his performances people would say he is shit. Too many have fallen for the romance of having our own foreign superstar but he has yet to prove to be anything like we had hoped.

Well if this is true then great news. Give him some proper game time next season. Him and Che up top?

Welcome to the world of inexperience. Won't he be at Juve or Milan or Madrid next season?

The key words been 'could have' and 'nobody knows'.

Where did he run off to:)

I'll stick up for any of our players who i think haven't done anything wrong, no matter how old they are, if that's alright by you that is.

Which is why I said that you had invented a wacky scenario.

Diego hasn't done anything wrong. Neither has Clough with regard to Diego. Why do we have to choose a side anyway?

He's right though.
In your view mate, maybe. I don't rate him because of his name, that's pure and simply a stupid mindset to have. We've had this chat before and it will be interesting for me anyway to see what happens with him from here on in.

Which is why I said that you had invented a wacky scenario.

Diego hasn't done anything wrong. Neither has Clough with regard to Diego. Why do we have to choose a side anyway?
You don't have to choose a side mate, I was really more interested to see if anyone's views have changed on the issue now the messiah has gone.

Honestly I don't see what the big deal is about him, if his name was Dave smith and we judged him on his performances people would say he is shit. Too many have fallen for the romance of having our own foreign superstar but he has yet to prove to be anything like we had hoped.
I'm hoping I've answered this with the reply to BW. Just to add to this I rate young Reed very highly (English name), he still has a long way to go mind but the only reason I don't bang on about him is because he has had loads of first team appearances whereas Diego hasn't, which from what I've personally seen of Diego thought he deserved. Young Reedy deserved those chances 'btw' as does Diego imo.

In your view mate, maybe. I don't rate him because of his name, that's pure and simply a stupid mindset to have. We've had this chat before and it will be interesting for me anyway to see what happens with him from here on in.

Sensibly talking I think there is a chance for him to get back in with a new manager, but I don't believe all the "he's off to Juve, he's off to Milan" because he isn't that good. He's ok and he could make a name for himself but on the evidence I have seen he needs to start listening to the right people and not his Dad.

You don't have to choose a side mate, I was really more interested to see if anyone's views have changed on the issue now the messiah has gone.

Mine certainly hasn't Wiz.

Sign a new contract and get full support.
Don't sign have a big "fuck off".

Not bothered either way, more important positions to fill.

Mine certainly hasn't Wiz.

Sign a new contract and get full support.
Don't sign have a big "fuck off".

Not bothered either way, more important positions to fill.
That's fair enough. All I'd say on the positions to fill aspect is we don't often, if at all get attacking players through our academy, that's probably another reason I want the lad to prove that he's good enough, to prove that we don't only bring defenders through just to sell them on but to bring attackers through that can help get us back to where we belong.

Sensibly talking I think there is a chance for him to get back in with a new manager, but I don't believe all the "he's off to Juve, he's off to Milan" because he isn't that good. He's ok and he could make a name for himself but on the evidence I have seen he needs to start listening to the right people and not his Dad.
Nothing wrong with that post, although I'm not 100% sure it's his Dad who he's listening to regarding the clubs after him.

the situation with Diego, Reed and Che will hopefully improve. i'd like to see them all properly involved

the situation with Diego, Reed and Che will hopefully improve. i'd like to see them all properly involved

I don't get how Adams has become the "missing link" in the past few weeks.

Scores against Spurs, starts against Swindon following week-end and was well off the pace. A fair few sub appearances since that I've seen. He looks like an amateur playing with professionals to be honest. Very naive both on and off the ball.

Undoubted talent but needs proper harnessing to make him a genuine first teamer. I'm sure a full pre-season (coz he looks well knackered toward the end when he does start) will be beneficial and I expect big things but I don't think he's done enough to warrant the view that he's been under utilised at the moment.

Diego is an amazing player, surely we must see that !, his name is Diego for god sake !. We should move heaven and earth to get him signed, did I mention he's called Diego
I don't get how Adams has become the "missing link" in the past few weeks.

Scores against Spurs, starts against Swindon following week-end and was well off the pace. A fair few sub appearances since that I've seen. He looks like an amateur playing with professionals to be honest. Very naive both on and off the ball.

Undoubted talent but needs proper harnessing to make him a genuine first teamer. I'm sure a full pre-season (coz he looks well knackered toward the end when he does start) will be beneficial and I expect big things but I don't think he's done enough to warrant the view that he's been under utilised at the moment.

It's simple. He scored a good goal in our last game. Hence he is Messi II.

Well if this is true then great news. Give him some proper game time next season. Him and Che up top?

Brilliant idea. Let's have a couple of kids who haven't scored ten grown-up goals between them leading the charge...

More despair......

They will be, mate, if they prove themselves good enough. As I have said a thousand times, the onus is on them, you know. There are no free gifts. You say "the situation" will improve: how about asking them to improve. I know Bladey Blades don't like to hear it but Reed's recent performances were garbage. He was rightly substituted at half-time, twice! I'm not having a go at him, or our young players in general. But we need to keep a sense of perspective don't we? And the overriding objective, you know, is success for our club, not giving young Johnny or Gianni a "fair run" and "game time" like some bizarre football equivalent of the X-Factor. It's a harsh world, is professional football, but if they're good enough they'll come through. It's up to them, though. There are no free passes to Rubber Dinghy Rapids.

Well, no you don't. You are absolutely obsessed by this youth team player with a distinctly moderate record of achievement.
You're obsessed with saying that other posters are always wrong.

I'm not obsessed with him, i'm merely stating i think he should have had more game time this last season due to him (i) not been worse than what's played this season and (ii) i rate the player.

You don't have to rate him and i've never said you have to, all i'm giving his my opinion on a player who i rate and who i want to see play for the Blades, nothing to do with this Bladey bladeness bollocks that you keep spouting.

I think i've given good enough reasons as to why i like the player and why i want him to stay with us all the way through the thread, all you've done is spoke absolute bollocks and tried to bring me down, better luck next time and try to be a bit more original with your agenda driven shite on quite a lot of posters on here.

You're obsessed with saying that other posters are always wrong.

I'm not obsessed with him, i'm merely stating i think he should have had more game time this last season due to him (i) not been worse than what's played this season and (ii) i rate the player.

You don't have to rate him and i've never said you have to, all i'm giving his my opinion on a player who i rate and who i want to see play for the Blades, nothing to do with this Bladey bladeness bollocks that you keep spouting.

I think i've given good enough reasons as to why i like the player and why i want him to stay with us all the way through the thread, all you've done is spoke absolute bollocks and tried to bring me down, better luck next time and try to be a bit more original with your agenda driven shite on quite a lot of posters on here.

He's had a great deal of "game time" in the u-21s, formerly known as the reserves. He's been given every chance to shine and hasn't. What entitles him to any more "game time" than any of the rest of the squad, young or old, that are not selected at any given time? They "only want to play football" too, you know! Anyway, surely he's signed for one of the European elite, by now? I know they're all after him; his daft dad told me....

He's had a great deal of "game time" in the u-21s, formerly known as the reserves. He's been given every chance to shine and hasn't. What entitles him to any more "game time" than any of the rest of the squad, young or old, that are not selected at any given time? They "only want to play football" too, you know! Anyway, surely he's signed for one of the European elite, by now? I know they're all after him; his daft dad told me....
You haven't watched any u21 games have you pinchers, no, thought not. He has shined in quite a few of them games so what you're actually saying is what's known as bullshit to suit your agenda on the lad.

Where have i said he's entitled to start matches? No where. I said "i think he deserves more time", just an opinion that's all and with some of the dross we've seen this season i think it's a fair thing to say. If you'd have said that you didn't think he deserved more time for whatever reason i would propably disagree but accept your thoughts on the matter.

Anyway, we're going round in circles here so lets fuck this off. I like him, you don't, end of.

Brilliant idea. Let's have a couple of kids who haven't scored ten grown-up goals between them leading the charge...

More despair......
8 goals for two first year pros who have played on the wing a fair bit when they both seem like strikers isnt exactly despair. I dont think they should be first choice mind you, but giving them a proper chance to succeed and we might have a partnership there for years to come.

You haven't watched any u21 games have you pinchers, no, thought not. He has shined in quite a few of them games so what you're actually saying is what's known as bullshit to suit your agenda on the lad.

Where have i said he's entitled to start matches? No where. I said "i think he deserves more time", just an opinion that's all and with some of the dross we've seen this season i think it's a fair thing to say. If you'd have said that you didn't think he deserved more time for whatever reason i would propably disagree but accept your thoughts on the matter.

Anyway, we're going round in circles here so lets fuck this off. I like him, you don't, end of.

It would be if that were right and I would agree "end of" but it isn't. I don't dislike him at all. He's a very promising young player. I just can't see any grounds to make him a special case. He's a talent no doubt, but I believe he has been very badly advised and needs to grow up a bit; no, a lot actually. For example, if you are picked, as a raw youngster, to play for SUFC, a great club despite our recent difficulties, in the "wrong position" you put your head down and give it your very best. You don't sulk like a Prima Donna. I watched the JPT game (I forget the opposition) in which he was "given game time" but asked to play wide. He didn't give of his best; he sulked. That's not a good sign. Similarly when he scored his one and only grown-up goal for us, the celebratory gesture in praise of his dad might not have been the wisest thing, given the background.

The new manager may be generous enough to give him another chance to sign the contract he's turned down. If so, good luck to him. If not, there's always Juventus...

Diego has said his favoured positions are the right wing and just off the main striker. Which means he's perfect for Clough's left midfield position, as it's not his natural position.

We've spent 10+ years training and developing him in his favoured roles, it's what he knows best, and it's where he's shone at youth and reserve level. It's no wonder he looks average when played out of position, and it's no wonder he's frustrated as a result. He's always said he just wants to play, and it's not like we've had any memorable performances this season from players playing in his positions, so it would've been worth the "risk"

Back
Top Bottom