Outgoing? Diego Di Girolamo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I would prefer us to play a system that suits the team rather than play a system that suits just one player. If Diego is not flexible enough (Clough probaby wanted him to be more of an all round player) then it would surprise me if he has a long career at the top level

Just look at Theo Walcott. Arsene Wenger has put him on the wing whereas Walcott wants to play CF. Walcott has adapted into a fantastic winger but still takes the opportunity to slot in the CF position when required

I may be wrong but I understood that we would only receive compensation should he join another domestic side.

Not sure how that fits with European law though - hopefully someone would be able to clarify.

I may be wrong but I understood that we would only receive compensation should he join another domestic side.

Not sure how that fits with European law though - hopefully someone would be able to clarify.

I think law may have changed recently at UEFA or indeed FIFA that may entitle us to some compensation.

Don't forget he's leaving us to get more game time. I wonder who he'll replace in Juve's first team?

OMG have you seen the state of the Euro lately - need a few wheelbarrows for the £50;
yeah it's a bummer if you get paid in Euros.. mind you if you saw it coming and moved ALL of your money to the uk a few weeks ago it could be a good time to move it back soon ;)

Strange one for me this, is he just a big timer or not one of NC's favourites?
diego s had is head turned by someone he has not done enough to merit a first team place others have got infront of him .
if an italian club dont take him he could end up in the same position as jose baxter who turned down a contract with everton and drifted out of the game for a while.dickov and oldham took him on and he is with us now.he was out of the
professional game for a while which meant i assume that any compo to everton was avoided(by oldham).we are entitled to compo for diego
and i would think he would cost too much for a lower league club(york?) to pay would that mean diego would be without a club
or would he be offered the refused one at the lane?

Strange one for me this, is he just a big timer or not one of NC's favourites?
It does make you wonder when you look at the crazy world of negative Nigel where JCR the next best attacking threat to Murphy gets bombed out on loan to be replaced by a midfielder who is nowhere near fit or a full back (Both ex Derby btw) talk about jobs for the old boys eh, as long as you have played at Derby or Blackpool you will fit right in even if you are crap, or a crock.

It does make you wonder when you look at the crazy world of negative Nigel where JCR the next best attacking threat to Murphy gets bombed out on loan to be replaced by a midfielder who is nowhere near fit or a full back (Both ex Derby btw) talk about jobs for the old boys eh, as long as you have played at Derby or Blackpool you will fit right in even if you are crap, or a crock.
Is that the Murphy who he has just signed on a new contract ?

Juventus monopolise players like Chelsea. They have a ridiculous amount of players out on loan and that's what would probably happen to Diego on the chance he could develop into a top player.

Players who have suffered the cruciate injury never seam to return as good as they were (no doubt someone will correct my perception with a list of great players). However, if that observation has any credibility and the injury has been career downgrading rather than career ending he might still feel the player he was rather than accepting he is the player he is.
There does appear to be some delusion of grander either from him or those around him, so, will he be a Kyle Walker or a Jordon Slew, time will tell? But, in our position we don't have the luxury of time to play it out. If we can get £1m in compo (assuming someone takes the gamble of an unproven youngster with a serious injury history) take it?

Players who have suffered the cruciate injury never seam to return as good as they were (no doubt someone will correct my perception with a list of great players). However, if that observation has any credibility and the injury has been career downgrading rather than career ending he might still feel the player he was rather than accepting he is the player he is.
There does appear to be some delusion of grander either from him or those around him, so, will he be a Kyle Walker or a Jordon Slew, time will tell? But, in our position we don't have the luxury of time to play it out. If we can get £1m in compo (assuming someone takes the gamble of an unproven youngster with a serious injury history) take it?

£1m for an unproven player, Murphy must be worth £15m?

Players who have suffered the cruciate injury never seam to return as good as they were (no doubt someone will correct my perception with a list of great players).
When I saw him in the pre season friendlies, his running didnt seem right. Think his knee has lost some of flexibility

Back
Top Bottom