Outgoing? Diego Di Girolamo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don't know how anybody can say that it's toffee, DDG wanting to play football at this moment in time, when it's quite clear he's moved down a division to do just that. This is a fact mate and not toffee, but don't let the facts get in the way of an agenda on the lad.
dont think there is an agenda against him wizadry but i have seen him play more than most and since coming back from a seriouse
injury united have shown a lot of patience with him.He or is handlers seem to think he deserves a chance with the 1st team
but he is not showing enough workrate or desire and plenty of youngsters have jumped in front of him talent alone will get you nothing and its ailways been that way.It may be to our cost that this is a wake up call to him and if he does find the missing
bits to his game he should thank cloughy for not giving him an easy ride (he may have to think about that one).

One thing that might be influencing Diego could be the Italian set up. They probably expect him to be playing first team football if he's to make the step up from u20 to u21. First team football in league two is better and more consistent than development squad games

If as people suggest there is an attitude and ego problem with Diego, then this won't worry the Italians having had the likes of Ballotelli and Cassano to name a couple.

If it's game time he wants then he'll get more of it at York City than at Sunderland or Juventus or United !
Well his tweet today states that he's happy to be going back to York and to finally be back to playing football again...

I don't know how anybody can say that it's toffee, DDG wanting to play football at this moment in time, when it's quite clear he's moved down a division to do just that. This is a fact mate and not toffee, but don't let the facts get in the way of an agenda on the lad.

Well wiz, if you know of any agenda please include me in it. We all have a take on what might be happening, that happens to be mine. As for dropping a division, you make it sound as if it's akin to an act of largesse on his part. By all means be as protective as you like towards the young boy, but please don't fall into that trap of painting Diego as the injured party in all of this. I don't wish him harm, but from my personal experience of dealing with youngsters who have some talent, this smacks of misguided judgement at it's worst.

Something has happened that has caused this rift, and Clough's responsibility is towards the squad of players, not towards those who might sow seeds of discontent.

The kid has no right to first team football. I should be astonished that anyone thinks he has, but then I remember this is S2, a far off place that would baffle even Lewis Carroll [the Notts County keeper, in case anyone was wondering].

As someone else said, zero fucks given. Sorry Diego and Daft Daddy Diego.

Well wiz, if you know of any agenda please include me in it. We all have a take on what might be happening, that happens to be mine. As for dropping a division, you make it sound as if it's akin to an act of largesse on his part. By all means be as protective as you like towards the young boy, but please don't fall into that trap of painting Diego as the injured party in all of this. I don't wish him harm, but from my personal experience of dealing with youngsters who have some talent, this smacks of misguided judgement at it's worst.

Something has happened that has caused this rift, and Clough's responsibility is towards the squad of players, not towards those who might sow seeds of discontent.
Cloughy has propably done all he can to keep the lad, apart from the main thing and that is to play him, and by playing him i mean a run in the side like Scouggs or Baxter has had. Now whether or not he has deserved a spot in the side at some point in the season is up for debate, but ultimately it's upto Clough himself. Me personally, thought he did deserve a bit of a run earlier on in the season as we weren't pulling any trees up really was we? Now we could've had more points if he'd have played, or less points, who knows? I personally don't think we could have been on much less if he had played more of a role this season as he does offer you that bit of a difference when required, as proved at Preston when given a decent opportunity against a decent side, not just 10 minutes like he has been given on a couple of occasions, that's what some of our fans like to judge him on, that's stupidity!

Ultimately, what i'm trying to get at with this agenda is that nor Cloughy or Diego are to blame in any of this so there shouldn't be one. Clough has offered him a contract, he's declined, what for we don't really know, but we can all have our guesses or assumptions as you rightly say. FOR NOW, mine is that the lad wants to play football, that could change but this is what i see now. metalblade makes a good point that he could sign the contract and still play at York, but if Diego doesn't think Cloughy fancies him, and maybe Cloughy has offered him a shite contract in his mind, then he just might see his career elsewhere, which for me would be a shite way for a lad that's been here 13 years, that our coaches have brought through, to end this lads career for us.

Just one other thing, and this isn't directed at you mate, but them people that say if is name was something like Jack Smith or what ever, that he wouldn't even be mentioned, that has to be the biggest load of shite iv'e ever heard.

Just one other thing, and this isn't directed at you mate, but them people that say if is name was something like Jack Smith or what ever, that he wouldn't even be mentioned, that has to be the biggest load of shite iv'e ever heard.

This is true. I doubt the Italy manager went out of his way to convince DeGirolamo to choose their youth set up over England's because of his fancy name.

Cloughy has propably done all he can to keep the lad, apart from the main thing and that is to play him, and by playing him i mean a run in the side like Scouggs or Baxter has had. Now whether or not he has deserved a spot in the side at some point in the season is up for debate, but ultimately it's upto Clough himself. Me personally, thought he did deserve a bit of a run earlier on in the season as we weren't pulling any trees up really was we? Now we could've had more points if he'd have played, or less points, who knows? I personally don't think we could have been on much less if he had played more of a role this season as he does offer you that bit of a difference when required, as proved at Preston when given a decent opportunity against a decent side, not just 10 minutes like he has been given on a couple of occasions, that's what some of our fans like to judge him on, that's stupidity!

Ultimately, what i'm trying to get at with this agenda is that nor Cloughy or Diego are to blame in any of this so there shouldn't be one. Clough has offered him a contract, he's declined, what for we don't really know, but we can all have our guesses or assumptions as you rightly say. FOR NOW, mine is that the lad wants to play football, that could change but this is what i see now. metalblade makes a good point that he could sign the contract and still play at York, but if Diego doesn't think Cloughy fancies him, and maybe Cloughy has offered him a shite contract in his mind, then he just might see his career elsewhere, which for me would be a shite way for a lad that's been here 13 years, that our coaches have brought through, to end this lads career for us.

Last first - yes, the issue of Diego's name is silly, and it won't have any impact on the decisions arrived at. There used to be a half-decent german player called Kuntz, imagine what a fevered imagination would make of that?

Bottom line, if Diego had received more objective advice, rather than one eye on money, or possibly his dad's belief that his boy deserves far more (father's aren't always the most objective people about their lads), then this would have offered Diego a healthier pathway to achieving something tangible. As it stands, we have a lad, one I've seen several times, with talent, at times he's looked very promising I should add, and that should have been the platform upon which he's based his career.

Ego's are weird things, they can either be manageable, or they can inflate and end up in a cul-de-sac. When the latter happens it doesn't matter what common-sense is said, they've made their minds up and can't be budged. So, with Diego's camp insisting that he should become a priority (and isn't that what 'wanting to play' suggests?), I doubt this would have impressed anyone at United, so it's best that he does his own thing and what will be will be. It also sends a message to other squad members that anything that is even vaguely demanding will be met with a stern response. Just as Ferguson did on many occasions at Man Utd, or other managers who understand that they must be seen to be in control, there's a difference between meeting a manager to discuss the future, and sending out a series of messages that suggest that they know better than the manager.

As things stand we now have a squad that at least has backbone and potential. In all the mails I've written, I've never fallen into the trap of talking about promotion. Just one game at a time is my approach, and when there's about 6-7 games left, then and only then will I begin to dream. I hope Diego has a career he's happy with, and that United go from strength to strength. That way both parties will have no regrets. I just hope that Diego manages to avoid slipping into the footballing margins of playing for Swadlincote Academicals while United begin to realise their potential at long last.

If his Dad is living his football career through his son that becomes very precarious for Diego ,wasn't he just a Sunday league player. Don't know about anyone else but when I was 18-20 I would do the total opposite of what my parents advised. Im glad I did or I would be working in a bank now.

Im glad I did or I would be working in a bank now.

I'm sure that both you and I enjoy running our own businesses, however, my friends who went to work in banks are know mostly retired on substantial pensions, something that we'll probably struggle to do?

Not that I ever want to fully retire!

If his Dad is living his football career through his son that becomes very precarious for Diego ,wasn't he just a Sunday league player. Don't know about anyone else but when I was 18-20 I would do the total opposite of what my parents advised. Im glad I did or I would be working in a bank now.
Sitters a banker?

It's close, I guess ;)

Everybody took the piss when I said Clough pulled him for wearing his hat backwards...

View attachment 10794

Interesting matt, the greater the sense of empowerment young Diego has the more I find his self-marketing embarrassing. I suppose I should adopt a greater level of forum 'chills' (just love the street corruption of language - does this plonker actually talk like this???) but I can't bring myself to wrap my head around the number photos it must take for Diego to satisfy himself that he's suitably adorable. There's always Daddy to reassure him that it's the world that's wrong, and that everyone else is envious of his world shattering talent.

You go for it boy, just what the world needs, another oik who thinks he's cool as fuck. Silly, stupid, and as pointless as a life can be.

Am I missing some criticism of the club from the player or his Dad?

The only thing I've read is that he wants away from the club for more chance of first team opportunities, because he thinks Clough doesn't rate him.

Is that so wrong?

UTB

Now now Grumps.....Dunkirk and Auschwitz are ghosts of Germany's past, but I do get the antipathy towards the idea of a nation that once considered itself the world's master race.

Strange really, I've spoken to lots of germans, young and old, and they all seem to carry the weight of responsibility for what happened during WW2. I must also admit to once having a grudging respect for both east and west germany's football teams, then they merged, and since then the bastards have taken the lead in not only being hugely successful on the pitch, but also the level of innovation that has seen it's gate prices affordable for supporters. And we look on while emptying the wallets of our own supporters.....something's not right Grumpy!

As much as i don't advocate people wearing their caps backwards, i don't see the need for anyone to get in a pickle over it, it's not like he's murdered somebody is it. If Cloughy did get cross with Diego for wearing his cap backwards then i'd suggest our Nige needs to do a bit of growing up, but i must stress, i don't think this is the case.

As much as i don't advocate people wearing their caps backwards, i don't see the need for anyone to get in a pickle over it, it's not like he's murdered somebody is it. If Cloughy did get cross with Diego for wearing his cap backwards then i'd suggest our Nige needs to do a bit of growing up, but i must stress, i don't think this is the case.

It may be that Diego is planning to re-train as a baseball catcher. They all wear their caps back to front, out of necessity, otherwise they wouldn't be able to get the visor on, so he might just be practising.....

....he might wear his trainers with the laces undone, Bert's bête noire, and there's never any excuse for that.

Oh dear Diego, you really have upset some of our supporters, posing for photos with team mates, wearing your hat back to front, no wonder they are glad to see the back of you.

I'm not upset, it just does look to now have some legs this rumour. It was back in May last year that a mate of mine mentioned something regarding his hat. Apparently Clough told him to take it off and he point blank refused. If this is true, I imagine Clough would have been royally fucked off with him but rather than "out him", he knows he is a talent and has tried to persevere with him.

He has been rumoured to have had fallings out with Clough on a number of occasions before.

The thread from last May is here: http://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/diego.34747/#post-608228

I'm not saying it's true but a strange coincidence if not.
Clough tells him to take hat off then 12 months later he #selfies himself with a hat on backwards whilst with Italy U/20s.

My dad still tells me to take my hat off indoors. It's a proper old school thing. I believe Clough is that old school.

Just adding to this further^^^

Players are under strict instructions and follow the rules correctly. They have training attire and pre-match attire. I wonder if in our code of conduct it has anything about baseball caps?

What I mean is - if all the squad are in the training tracksuit and heading for the canteen to eat together and he is stood in a baseball cap. IS Clough the type of person to allow this? With all the sponsorship money and everything floating around these days, unless you are wearing official club clothing, then surely he would be told to take it off.

Exactly. That adolescent tache though...eeeewwwww! like, helloooo

Back
Top Bottom