Deep financial trouble ahead

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The advantage with Archer being off the books we get a guaranteed sum, how we spend is key and I guess that is who is in charge will be the key to that. Long term loan options could be available from the Premier League, we could look at the free transfers so just picking up the wage bill. Yes the pot won't be endless but could have been far worse.
How much will we have paid Villa?

If you want people to take you seriously, surely you know this nonsense won't cut it.

Especially as the club has just bought two pieces of land that weren't exactly going free. Not the behaviour of a club "sailing very very close to the wind".

Give details or shut up.

Saying you can't say more = shut up then.

Saying 'just wait and see'= stop looking for attention.

Cheers.
This 👍

Anyonelse heard rumours of a massive ship hitting an iceberg???

Don't understand how you do three seasons in five years in the prem, don't spend much relative to others, and still end up financially fucked.

Buying the club and assets off McWobbleGob and COVID putting us down by 20 to 30million quid won't have helped.

I get the impression that the money you get once promoted isn't enough to play with these days. Once you factor in increased wages, transfer fees, player bonuses and other overheads that come with being in the PL.

Not surprised to hear what Rifleman has said. I did not expect any money spent in the summer, it will be ‘out of contract’ players and loans I suspect. I also expect Archer(back to Villa) , Anel, de Souza, to be sold. And that is addition to all the players out of contract leaving.

This is a significant time for our club. My fear is that my old Dad (god rest his soul) will be right when he kept saying that the bragging rights in Sheffield football change constantly so enjoy it while you can! There is a chance that our neighbours will be right back at our heals for next season! Not looking forward to that one but given our current predicament!

I wonder how many of our out of contract players we have a option for? We know Ozzy does but anyone else?

Also see Knowsnowt's (Whisper it quietly) post in the ownership/boardroom section. He may know nowt though. As his name suggests. That could be ironic though and he might actually know something. Who knows? It's all so mysterious and intriguing.

Also see Knowsnowt's (Whisper it quietly) post in the ownership/boardroom section. He may know nowt though. As his name suggests. That could be ironic though and he might actually know something. Who knows? It's all so mysterious and intriguing.
Who knows? Knowsnowt knows. Unless of course Knowsnowt doesn't know. But then at least Knowsnowt will know that Knowsnowt knows nowt.

I wonder how many of our out of contract players we have a option for? We know Ozzy does but anyone else?

Can't imagine anyone really due to their age now, most will be offered average championship wages at best only mcburnie and Egan that will be offered a decent bit.

Not surprised to hear what Rifleman has said. I did not expect any money spent in the summer, it will be ‘out of contract’ players and loans I suspect. I also expect Archer(back to Villa) , Anel, de Souza, to be sold. And that is addition to all the players out of contract leaving.

This is a significant time for our club. My fear is that my old Dad (god rest his soul) will be right when he kept saying that the bragging rights in Sheffield football change constantly so enjoy it while you can! There is a chance that our neighbours will be right back at our heals for next season! Not looking forward to that one but given our current predicament!
I’m more inclined to believe rifleman is full of shit.

My guess, and it is that we’ll have one of the top budgets in the championship next season. We’ve repaired the finances and are buying up land there’s no need to buy if we’re in big trouble.

The pigs will lose more players than us next season, and really are skint.

We absolutely will have one of the top budgets in the league ( even if we are being tight with mone) . Unfortunately we also need to sign a hell of a lot just to build a squad with all the out goings.

Ramsdale, David brooks and maybe DCL getting sold would up us!

Don't understand how you do three seasons in five years in the prem, don't spend much relative to others, and still end up financially fucked.
Easy, Premier League wages.

Completely unsustainable (also true in the Championship btw).

Norwich tried to do the more sustainable thing in the Prem and got pelters for “no ambishun”.

If you want people to take you seriously, surely you know this nonsense won't cut it.

Especially as the club has just bought two pieces of land that weren't exactly going free. Not the behaviour of a club "sailing very very close to the wind".

Give details or shut up.

Saying you can't say more = shut up then.

Saying 'just wait and see'= stop looking for attention.

Cheers.

Not sure the two pieces of land would cover a loan fee of a decent player. It will be small beer.

Last edited:

yes your dad was right about the fortunes of the sheffield clubs things tend to go in cycles and it does concern me as well that if the pigs stay up the momentum could well be with them at the start of next season having said that ive watched 3 of their last 4 games and their a poor side just long ball and set pieces get em their goals their gonna need recruitment as well only bannan has any class in their side

Back
Top Bottom