Dear Hecky

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The buck for this shambles stops with the Prince of Darkness out there in some sandpit. He is responsible for this. You cant build a house with no bricks and that's what Hecky is up against. Abdullah, put some money in, or get the Club sold to somebody who will. I mean if you want to go right back we should blame McCabe for bringing him in and then not having the nounce to get the sale contract between them framed properly so he ( McCabe) had to sell out. Although thinking that one through we would have been between a rock and a hard place.

His injury record speaks for itself and its been an issue since he has been manager. You don't need to get a 3rd party to look into the clubs injury problems if Hecky and his team are doing a good job.

Hecky telling lies last season about it being down to the training pitches at shirecliffe when really getting a brand new desso has made zero difference.
Anyone else think they missed a trick by not branding Desso as Grasstroturf?

As regards Hecky, it does feel like he has run out of ideas. Whether it’s possible for anyone you get a tune out of this lot is up for debate, but sadly he definitely can’t. For that reason, we need someone else to come in and have a crack. Genuinely it would not be possible to do any worse.
Really like him, by the way, but I do think he needs to step aside.

If that was your last game, then ignore the abusive fucking troglodytes that have only started supporting the club in the last few years, and hold your head up high.

You got the team up in challenging circumstances, and you were given a raw deal this season by the top brass.

You're a good bloke, a good manager and the sensible blades will wish you the very best in future.
Can only assume that Twitter, currently known as x has unleashed its abusive element.

Don’t really use much social media so can’t comment on much but this forum and certainly the threads I read here aren’t overly abusive

We have about 5 left backs at the club and that's because that clown can't keep a fucking player fit.

We never were going to have an amazing budget but it's clear Hecky has wasted what he did get.
You’re such a dickhead I have blocked you on Twitter , who are you ?

Yeah like we have not had injury problems since he took charge.

Seriously people clutching at the Basham and Lowe injuries as if the injury list isn't a complete shitshow.
Well if mature and seasoned athletes ( on x thousand a week, yes a week,)don't know how to get fit and keep fit without someone holding their fannies then they can piss off.

Well if mature and seasoned athletes ( on x thousand a week, yes a week,)don't know how to get fit and keep fit without someone holding their fannies then they can piss off.

Whatever you say Mr Motivator. We will ignore Hecky's injury record with us and his previous clubs shall we.

Would Luton have list by 5 today. Will Luton lose by 8 against Newcastle this season? If not, then they are clearly capable of putting in more competitive performances than our side/management. They don't have more resources. They are just far better managed. Which then seems to imply that we should probably change our manager ...
Luton have got better players than us, they are also more motivated, have a semblance of control over a football enabling them to put an occasional good move together and provide an occasional threat for their fans to get behind.

This club does what it does best (or worse) depending on which way you look at it,
It attempts to get by with it's cheapskate, workhorse ethic, whilst any player it stumbles across that has got something special it offloads cheaply as soon as they want a new contract.

They should stay where they belong in the future, in the Championship or League One and not embarrass the fans any further.
Then they can watch kick and rush, stumble and fall, try to pass and fail, shit, medieval football and entertain a purely Sheffield audience and not subject the whole world to the shit they serve up

How many of the injuries we've got now can be attributed to training methods?

Off the top of my head I can only think of Anel and Davies that have been injured as a result of training.

The rest have been during matches or the after effects of matches.

Not saying training isn't a contributing factor but it's not the main cause of our injuries as far as I can see.

in fairness, i cant sit here & be pleased, i said during the game its not great. disappointing how weve conceded.
& lose to wolves & its all over, im very happy to to give him that

but off field is as much at fault if not more as on field. i dont need to list it because we all know & it would take all night. run is terrible but you look at the fixture list what we've taken 1pt when best case scenario we get 3 or 4. & hecky is paying the price for a slow start 1st 10 mins of 2nd half v everton & dreadful performance v fulham. but beat wolves everything changes

hecky should be applauded because the more i find out about last season. the more the job he did under extremely difficult circumstances is fantastic & will always be greatful for that . as i think that if we didnt get promotion its that bad it does bear thinking about it. i think its far worse than our worst case. i think the premier league money stopped us going into administration or worse

Anyone else think they missed a trick by not branding Desso as Grasstroturf?

As regards Hecky, it does feel like he has run out of ideas. Whether it’s possible for anyone you get a tune out of this lot is up for debate, but sadly he definitely can’t. For that reason, we need someone else to come in and have a crack. Genuinely it would not be possible to do any worse.
Really like him, by the way, but I do think he needs to step aside.
Holy fuck dude. Don’t hide that gold like it’s nothing.

hecky did a good job getting us up but make no mistake it was illiman that got us in to the premier league hecky definetly isnt a premier league manager even if hes been badly f****d by abdullah

I agree that he’s hardly been given a competitive budget. But fuck me! 1 point from 10 matches is completely unacceptable!

I fail to see how someone else couldn’t get more out of the players we currently have available.
He got us promoted to the top division and that deserves respect. I've been going to the lane since the mid 70s and we've only done that 4 times in nearly 50 years.

He also had some major challenges.
-Building the confidence of a broken squad
-Transfer embargoes
- horrendous injury problems ( which I accept he might be partly responsible for)

But....I think this is as much as he can do, and it's not good enough. Time for a different voice.

Hecky either needs to learn how to turn a game around that's going against him, or employ a coach who can see it , if he wants to manage at this level.

This team would get a tonking from most of the current Championship sides,never mind P.L.teams
I don’t think so fella. You do which is fine. Let’s get real here. We had £45m of strikers on the pitch today plus £ 30m in midfield. Over £40m injured. Seriously.

If that was your last game, then ignore the abusive fucking troglodytes that have only started supporting the club in the last few years, and hold your head up high.

You got the team up in challenging circumstances, and you were given a raw deal this season by the top brass.

You're a good bloke, a good manager and the sensible blades will wish you the very best in future.
Hecky is going BUT what a guy and a Sheff U legend who took us to the promised land ... Bassett , Wilder, Warnock and now Hecky (in that order)... will always get a huge reception (and well deserved ) when he returns ................. but for his own mental health - he has to go now - we won't get 5 points this season with him. He sadly made the mistake of getting promoted too soon - with a transfer embargo, selling the best 2 players (but i think we did well getting £15m for Berge - and Burnley must be laughing if they thought Berg was a great player as they think he is shit) ....... roll on next season with an outstanding squad who nobody really wants to buy - so we will steam the Championship ....... forget #Wilder ... I'd go #Warnock telling him 13 points is the minimum

I don’t think so fella. You do which is fine. Let’s get real here. We had £45m of strikers on the pitch today plus £ 30m in midfield. Over £40m injured. Seriously.
I agree - we have the best Championship Team ever on record if we go down ... and lets face it, there are not going to be many PL sides who will want to cherry pick our best players .... simply because we have not got any (Fodders would be a great number 2)

Hecky is going BUT what a guy and a Sheff U legend who took us to the promised land ... Bassett , Wilder, Warnock and now Hecky (in that order)... will always get a huge reception (and well deserved ) when he returns ................. but for his own mental health - he has to go now - we won't get 5 points this season with him. He sadly made the mistake of getting promoted too soon - with a transfer embargo, selling the best 2 players (but i think we did well getting £15m for Berge - and Burnley must be laughing if they thought Berg was a great player as they think he is shit) ....... roll on next season with an outstanding squad who nobody really wants to buy - so we will steam the Championship ....... forget #Wilder ... I'd go #Warnock telling him 13 points is the minimum

memed-io-output 4.jpeg

Hecky had officially the 5th highest budget in the Championship last season, behind West Brom, Norwich, Burnley and Watford.
He also had the best individual player in the whole league, in N'Diaye. We were pre-season favourites to finish top 2 with all the pundits and bookies.
He was allowed to keep all his star players in the window, so it was a good job deserving praise but calling it brilliant is an exaggeration.

Wilder didn't have the tools to gain promotion when he was last in the Championship with us, our budget was in the lower half
and we were expected to finish mid table, so it was an incredible achievement to finish 2nd behind Norwich.

Regards Heckys credentials to get us back next season, the concern was last season although we were promoted, we often looked like a mid table side. Our main strengths were N'Diaye and to a degree McAtee producing magic and the defence was excellent when sat back parking the bus.
My issue was we didn't have a set style and at times last season couldn't string 3 or 4 passes together as we just lumped it clear straight back to the opposition. At least with Wilder every player was taught to be comfortable on the ball playing a simple pass and move game.
And we’ll be faves again to go up,
we’ll also have one of the highest budgets.

Look at Wilders record in the past two years at champ level.

I know which of the 2 I’d have.

hecky did a good job getting us up but make no mistake it was illiman that got us in to the premier league hecky definetly isnt a premier league manager even if hes been badly f****d by abdullah
Abdullah is the man to hate.

No we won’t have a fantastic squad if we go down. The Prince’s ludicrous policy with contract renewals that meant that we lost Berge & Ndiaye this summer will happen again on a much bigger scale. We have 18 players-out of contract or loan in July 2024. It’s frightening - see list below

Egan
McBurnie
Bogle
Baldock
Lowe
Norrington-Davies
Norwood
Fleck
Osborn
Coulibaly
Foderingham
Jebbison
Davies A
Basham
Amissah

Luke Thomas on loan - so will return to Leicester
James McAtee on loan - so will return to Man City

Cameron Archer - if relegated he will be sold back to Villa

No we won’t have a fantastic squad if we go down. The Prince’s ludicrous policy with contract renewals that meant that we lost Berge & Ndiaye this summer will happen again on a much bigger scale. We have 18 players-out of contract or loan in July 2024. It’s frightening - see list below

Egan
McBurnie
Bogle
Baldock
Lowe
Norrington-Davies
Norwood
Fleck
Osborn
Coulibaly
Foderingham
Jebbison
Davies A
Basham
Amissah

Luke Thomas on loan - so will return to Leicester
James McAtee on loan - so will return to Man City

Cameron Archer - if relegated he will be sold back to Villa
To be honest the only ones I would keep off that list is Baldock, McBurnie and possibly bogle.

Based on what? With no Ndiaye, we don’t go up last season. Archer’s gone at the end of the season. Who knows if Souza, Thomas or Traore will actually be any good even at that level?

I genuinely think people are deluded if they think this side would be challenging for an automatic place in the Championship.
Archer average, and so are all the above mentioned, end of discussion, fact

Back
Top Bottom