Dear Hecky

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would Luton have list by 5 today. Will Luton lose by 8 against Newcastle this season? If not, then they are clearly capable of putting in more competitive performances than our side/management. They don't have more resources. They are just far better managed. Which then seems to imply that we should probably change our manager ...
Perhaps that's why Luton took 4 points off of us last season ?

If the manager could get a tune out of this team on paper it's an incredibly strong champ team
Based on what? With no Ndiaye, we don’t go up last season. Archer’s gone at the end of the season. Who knows if Souza, Thomas or Traore will actually be any good even at that level?

I genuinely think people are deluded if they think this side would be challenging for an automatic place in the Championship.

Hecky hasn't really got abuse though. A bit of disgruntlement but there would be with the start we've made. But it's not been toxic, there's no booing or Hecky out chants. Atmosphere at the games has been supportive. A few comments on the internet aren't representative. Most fans will have warm thoughts and best wishes for Hecky when he goes. And that's right and fitting.

If the manager could get a tune out of this team on paper it's an incredibly strong champ team
Is it really?
Leicester is a strong championship team.
We are mid table championship.
Realistically Norwood; Fleck; Osborn, maybe Wes all want moving on at that level. All the loanees go back. Still left with a load of injury prone crocks under contract.
Presume we sell Hamer and Anel.
Huge gaps in the side.
I don't see where you are going to get 20 goals a season from (Ryan One?)

Is it really?
Leicester is a strong championship team.
We are mid table championship.
Realistically Norwood; Fleck; Osborn, maybe Wes all want moving on at that level. All the loanees go back. Still left with a load of injury prone crocks under contract.
Presume we sell Hamer and Anel.
Huge gaps in the side.
I don't see where you are going to get 20 goals a season from (Ryan One?)
This side we have now not the hypothetical one next year, McBurnie scores 20 in this side

Most of his transfer targets within a limited budget - if he had more money to spend they probably wouldn't have been his targets.

Injuries are hitting all teams, there's been lots written recently about this across the leagues here and in Europe, most attributing it to the new rules - hecky didn't write the rule changes.

Sack hecky, bring Wilder back, let him overspend again like he's playing fifa, put us right back to financial related transfer embargo's again, don't bring on the youth players - all positives seemingly some people want there, but if that's what people want please don't moan when he walks again when things aren't going his way and leaves us in the toilet.

I want a positive future, pay off the debts, more available funds to spend in the coming seasons, sometimes it takes time to rebuild, short term pain but long term gain, yes i want some fight in the team but i also don't want to in a bad way financially like a lot of other teams have been with points deductions.
Nailed it

Would Luton have list by 5 today. Will Luton lose by 8 against Newcastle this season? If not, then they are clearly capable of putting in more competitive performances than our side/management. They don't have more resources. They are just far better managed. Which then seems to imply that we should probably change our manager ...
They've not played either of them yet so we'll have to wait and see.

Blowing smoke up Luton's arse because they've got 5 points but they've got them against Everton, who we'd have beaten but for a pickford wonder save, last minute draw at forest who needed a last minute winner against us and wolves who are hardly world beaters.

I would fancy us to have the same, or more points, as Luton after the next 4 matches.

Why don't people have the nous or the bottle to find out his email address and email him direct? It's not as if the first thing he thinks, after a 5-0 whupping, is "Oooh, I must have a quick look on S2, see if anyone's saying anything about me. Oh look, a thread titled 'Dear Hecky'. That must be a message for me, that must. Let's see what it says..."

It's tinpot, all this 'reaching out' through forums.

If that was your last game, then ignore the abusive fucking troglodytes that have only started supporting the club in the last few years, and hold your head up high.

You got the team up in challenging circumstances, and you were given a raw deal this season by the top brass.

You're a good bloke, a good manager and the sensible blades will wish you the very best in future.
Is he getting abuse? I’m not sure I’m seeing that TBH. The performances and lack of fight, absolutely, but I mostly see comments that he’s a nice bloke, had a shit hand, but played it poorly. Unless I’m missing the “fucking troglodyte” thread. Could it be you’re exaggerating a narrative so you can stand on ceremony a bit here?

Based on what? With no Ndiaye, we don’t go up last season. Archer’s gone at the end of the season. Who knows if Souza, Thomas or Traore will actually be any good even at that level?

I genuinely think people are deluded if they think this side would be challenging for an automatic place in the Championship.
Thomas is on loan, I don't think we have him next season anyway.

For Archer mandatory buy-back clause money, we should get at least one player who is proven to be very good in the Championship. If not two.

Dunno about Traoré, but Souza-Hamer should def be a strong midfield a division below. However, Baldock is out of contract, which is a huge problem for us. In the end it would boil down to the new recruitments. We SHOULD be challenging for autos, but theoretically it could turn very sour as well.

Thomas is on loan, I don't think we have him next season anyway.

For Archer mandatory buy-back clause money, we should get at least one player who is proven to be very good in the Championship. If not two.

Dunno about Traoré, but Souza-Hamer should def be a strong midfield a division below. However, Baldock is out of contract, which is a huge problem for us. In the end it would boil down to the new recruitments. We SHOULD be challenging for autos, but theoretically it could turn very sour as well.
Do you know for certain Baldock is out of contract? I'm guessing Baldock, Bogle, Egan, RND & Lowe we have a one year option to extend.

They've not played either of them yet so we'll have to wait and see.

Blowing smoke up Luton's arse because they've got 5 points but they've got them against Everton, who we'd have beaten but for a pickford wonder save, last minute draw at forest who needed a last minute winner against us and wolves who are hardly world beaters.

I would fancy us to have the same, or more points, as Luton after the next 4 matches.

Would you? Cos I sure as hell wouldn't if we keep the same management team in charge.

We'll revisit this thread then in 4 games time, if by some miracle PH and co are still in place.

P.s. we would still be bottom.

The fact that some of us think it's time for Hecky to go does not mean that we don't appreciate what he has done before this season, or don't understand the limited budget. It also isn't that since we want Hecky to go that automatically means we want Wilder back.

What we can say as fact is that this team is falling apart and we need to change what we are doing.

If that was your last game, then ignore the abusive fucking troglodytes that have only started supporting the club in the last few years, and hold your head up high.

You got the team up in challenging circumstances, and you were given a raw deal this season by the top brass.

You're a good bloke, a good manager and the sensible blades will wish you the very best in future.

Agree with all of that, Hecky is a good bloke and deserves appreciation and respect
but even with all the valid excuses and having 1 arm tied behind his back.....he's still underperforming.
It's sad but surely the owner needs to do something, anything.
History shows that manager changes are the most common as they are the lowest cost and have the most effect.

We have about 5 left backs at the club and that's because that clown can't keep a fucking player fit.

We never were going to have an amazing budget but it's clear Hecky has wasted what he did get.
Don't think that's necessary to call him that

Dear Hecky,

Thas bath's run outa coyal, son. Nah, get thisen back 'ome t'Barnsley, tha' sister's waytin for thee t' tuck her up in bed, t'old lad.

Fucking ditto!

We’re down and it’s not a shock is it, just look at the newly promoted sides- Us, Burnley & Luton got 272 points between us last season and we have 10 points between us after a combined 29 games.

The question is whether Hecky is the best man to get us up next season? He has a win percentage of 59% with us in the championship, he’s done a brilliant job getting us up but as a club we don’t have the tools to give him, or anyone else, to build a squad capable of competing at this level. Nobody has better credentials than Hecky to get us back up for another crack at it, hopefully with a new owner. I’m sure we’ll get some players back and go down fighting at least.

Hecky had officially the 5th highest budget in the Championship last season, behind West Brom, Norwich, Burnley and Watford.
He also had the best individual player in the whole league, in N'Diaye. We were pre-season favourites to finish top 2 with all the pundits and bookies.
He was allowed to keep all his star players in the window, so it was a good job deserving praise but calling it brilliant is an exaggeration.

Wilder didn't have the tools to gain promotion when he was last in the Championship with us, our budget was in the lower half
and we were expected to finish mid table, so it was an incredible achievement to finish 2nd behind Norwich.

Regards Heckys credentials to get us back next season, the concern was last season although we were promoted, we often looked like a mid table side. Our main strengths were N'Diaye and to a degree McAtee producing magic and the defence was excellent when sat back parking the bus.
My issue was we didn't have a set style and at times last season couldn't string 3 or 4 passes together as we just lumped it clear straight back to the opposition. At least with Wilder every player was taught to be comfortable on the ball playing a simple pass and move game.

Yeah - he's really at fault for Basham's ankle going.....!

Yeah like we have not had injury problems since he took charge.

Seriously people clutching at the Basham and Lowe injuries as if the injury list isn't a complete shitshow.

No one can give Hecky any abuse as he has had the rugged pulled from under him.

Where you can say he is out of his depth and needs to go is the style of play as in there is none. The team arnt gelling, no one can pass the ball, no one is composed enough to put away their chances and also you need to add that our formation and tactics are setting us up for defeat every game.

Back
Top Bottom