Crowd-fund & buy the prince's half?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I love the line that we have the biggest (or wait a minute maybe second biggest) wage bill in the division.

Yeah. Not hard that though is it? Bearing in mind we have more than twice the amount of paying fans than every team in the division bar Bradford and Coventry. You'd want us to have the 2nd highest wage bill in the division, wouldn't you??

I know the figures are guesswork, but on football manager it says our wage bill is £120k a week. I'd guess it's not that high, but lets go with that. That's £6.2m a year. Say 20,000 people spend an average of £20 every home game, that's income of approx £9.2m a year. Then you add in things like sponsorship etc. Obviously on the other side there's policing costs, bills etc.

But if we are making a loss of £8m, that's a gap of about £11m a year that must be spent on policing, bills etc. And that's without counting sponsorship income and player sales. I wouldn't want to see our electric bill, i know that... :rolleyes:

Employers Ni takes that players figure up to £7million. Then there's other staff wages.

As for gate receipts, you have to strip the vat out which is just over £1.5 million.

So your calculations are £2.5 million out to start with. That's assuming it's an average of £20 per person (which it won't be ).

If we crowdfunded and bought the club I would most look forward to the carpark protests...........

the prince is reported to have put in 15 million so far
even at optimistic levels of our 20k crowd , theres maybe half with incomes with a bit of disposable cash means 1500 quid each just to match it
the only way to fund anything like it is the barcelona scheme , paying 5000 each and getting a 5 yrear season ticket in return, or something of that nature

and if we did own the club , during a bad run Barney would have to throw a shoe at himself

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom