Crowd-fund & buy the prince's half?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

0080006.jpg

Surely this was meant for the Higdon thread Treeton Blade ?........:eek:

The core issue is that the club loses money. Currently the 2 shareholders fund those losses so I assume any other shareholders would be expected to do the same...bottomless pit springs to mind.
Indeed, once we've raised £30M from us supporters can someone explain where the money comes from for: losses say £5M. Getting out of Div 3, say £10M. Getting out of Championship say £30M.

We can see what it costs from what the Pigs are spending.

Crowd sourcing would fail.

Unfortunately we can only do it with very rich blokes.

At the moment its a stalemate situation on the Board - so buying one or the other out wouldn't change that. If however McC and the Prince both sold 1% the stalemate would be ended . I suspect that neither would do that though.

At the moment its a stalemate situation on the Board - so buying one or the other out wouldn't change that. If however McC and the Prince both sold 1% the stalemate would be ended . I suspect that neither would do that though.
Ang on, I've still got shares so has Mrs Jolly. If all the mini share holders club together do we own any proportion of the club, the football team or a couple of stale pies fromt' canteen?
Does HRH and HRH own 50% or 50% of what's left 'or after us mini shareholders are taken out?

Ang on, I've still got shares so has Mrs Jolly. If all the mini share holders club together do we own any proportion of the club, the football team or a couple of stale pies fromt' canteen?
Does HRH and HRH own 50% or 50% of what's left 'or after us mini shareholders are taken out?

It was stale pies but then Nads happened...

The other option is a consortium.

Say a wealthy Chinese investor was interested, McCabe and the Prince could sell part of their share. I suppose you could argue that the Prince could well know another rich Saudi investor.

It depends on whether a third party would have genuine interest and be prepared to provide funds.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like the current owners will cede any power. If that is the case, then we do have stalemate unless a manager can get promotion with a new squad next season.

It looks bleak at the moment.

You have a minutely small share of Sheffield United limited I would think, not the Football Club Ie the bit that owns the ground.

One idea is as per brownie's post, the fans buy or are gifted a nominal stake in the club (5%) and then they get a seat at the management table. Fan's organisation is privy to key decisions and theoretically protects the interests of the SUFC fanbase.

But....You'd need a prominent fans organisation with legitimacy in terms of being representative of all the support. I think that would be very difficult.

One idea is as per brownie's post, the fans buy or are gifted a nominal stake in the club (5%) and then they get a seat at the management table. Fan's organisation is privy to key decisions and theoretically protects the interests of the SUFC fanbase.

But....You'd need a prominent fans organisation with legitimacy in terms of being representative of all the support. I think that would be very difficult.
It's a bit odd I know but I've sometimes thought that if we did get back into the PL KM would sell 40% and give 10% to a fans trust. He'd go out as a legend, which I think was/is his ultimate aim.

With respect, it isn't a very good idea.

As mentioned, it's alright buying the stake, then what? The fans wouldn't have anything near the clout to carry that over to the day-to-day running of the football club.

What needs to happen is for potential investors to see the unhappiness with the way things are, and for that to encourage a bid. Either for the football club as a whole, or more realistically either of the two halves. I've seen a few trying to claim there'd never be anyone interested in the first place, well i'm afraid that's bollocks.

A football club of this size is always going to attract investment. It needs steering by the right ownership and the right management possessing the required skill-set, all of which we unfortunately haven't got at the moment.

Couldnt a. Game of bingo be organised at half time get any line and youve won our back four probably raise more money than a transfer fee

KMcs investment as at 2014 ( in the football club that is) is £37 million. HRH at September last year is £12 million.

The ground/academy etc isn't in the football club accounts and that's valued at around £25 million ( from memory) in the SU Ltd accounts. With an equivalent amount of debt.?
The prince is supposed to be 50/50 with McCabe. He should stick 25 million in or get lost.

I'm aware this sounds really far-fetched but desperate times and all that...

I don't know loads about crowd-funding but I'm aware it's a now a popluar way of people raising money and amounts upward of £50 million have been raised in the past.

Could we crowdfund around £10million (is this figure about right?), buy out the prince's half (1or 2 million?), invest the rest, get promoted, have another crowdfunder once in the championship to buy out McCabe (at least the Football club half if not the whole business), get to the Prem and then run the club from the TV money and sell-up for a good price once a proper billionaire shows up?

Thats 50,000 people putting £200 each in and we've got the whole world's population of 7 billion people to appeal to. Surely there's 50,000 people out there willing to front £200 on team that attracts 20,000 per home game in the 3rd tier of english football?

Award for most ridiculous post i've seen since "Is it today, Dad?" on blades mad in around 2011.

Didn't the Wendys try some thing like this one some years back ?
One of the dicks from One Direction tried to do it with John Ryan at Doncaster. It was an utter failure.

It will not raise any significant amount of money..

The other option is a consortium.

Say a wealthy Chinese investor was interested, McCabe and the Prince could sell part of their share. I suppose you could argue that the Prince could well know another rich Saudi investor.

It depends on whether a third party would have genuine interest and be prepared to provide funds.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like the current owners will cede any power. If that is the case, then we do have stalemate unless a manager can get promotion with a new squad next season.

It looks bleak at the moment.
Something along these lines yes.
A consortium with several investors, fronted by a well known blade, for example seen been, or barney. With a chosen football man as their mouthpiece.

The princes half is worth jack shit anyway, the real value is the property which is still held tightly in McCabes sticky little palm.

I wonder if he realised he had bought a pig in a poke a while ago and this is why he is won't put any more money in.

You can't crowdfund buying half the club. If you wanted to make a difference, you could crowdfund an amount of money purely to buy players.

Back
Top Bottom