Match Thread Chelsea v. Sheffield United - 16th December 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CHE
CHE
CHE

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1702577741453.png vs. 1702577747993.png

Premier League Matchweek 17 - Saturday 16th December 2023 - 15:00 - Stamford Bridge
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/chelsea-vs-sheffield-united.673/

Officials:

Referee: Andy Madley
Assistants: Harry Lennard, Nick Hopton
Fourth Official: Rob Jones
VAR: Peter Bankes
Assistant VAR: Eddie Smart

🚗Matchday Parking:

Stuck for somewhere to park? - CLICK HERE FOR MATCHDAY PARKING

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 18.15.10.png

Trusty falling over then Anel playing leapfrog over Sterling before Wes passes him the ball back and no one marks the shit multi million bloke at the back post, couldn’t make it up 🤣
It must take years off managers' lives. We've been poor on the ball but with what he's had to make use of the defensive work was going to be the positive. Now Wilder's got to get them to shake off another blow to the confidence.

Why does Fodders kick the ball out to the Chelski back line? Archer nice try! If only they had confidence to try.

McBurnie playing changes our dynamic. It took all the pressure off them as he doesn’t work hard enough to press and play breaks down because he’s always looking for a foul.
Actually I thought there were some decent performances and we still look a lot better than we did.
The frustration for me was that every time we tried to
Play it through midfield they simply fouled us and the ref did nothing to stop it.
The 1 st goal was nonsense- if a player is clearly offside on the edge of the box and then runs directly in on goal taking a defender with him and ends up standing next to the guy who scores but, apparently, is not active- I give up on trying to understand the laws of this game they play

Definitely a step backwards. Didn't show the passion of The Liverpool or Brentford games. And it doesn't get any easier next game

Seen it all before in previous games where we are too slow to press with any vigour,so the oppo just pass it around and wait for the error's to come.

We have very little ability to hold onto the ball when we do have it.

A very disappointing second half after a good defensive display in the first.

The passing was poor throughout, sadly. We did not give a good account of ourselves going forward. McBurnie was poor. McAtee not much better. Archer was the most positive.

Wes cost us the second. Thought the defence were all decent. Souza was good at protecting the back 4 first half, not the second.

I was very disappointed to see Norwood on before Spokane. A retrograde step.

It wasn’t great and nil points again but it wasn’t even in the top 6 worst performances this season. It was nowhere near as bad as your average Heckingbottom display.

We are certain to get nothing v Villa. We will need to do better than today to beat Luton.

Chelsea less mistakes.organized and hardworking for 3 points. We've scored fewest and let in most so this was always gonna be uphill. Difficult to be any good when we never keep the ball. Sterling been dominant against most lb all season.

Chelsea less mistakes.organized and hardworking for 3 points. We've scored fewest and let in most so this was always gonna be uphill. Difficult to be any good when we never keep the ball. Sterling been dominant against most lb all season.
Sterling earns £350k per week so he’d better be fuckin dominant now and again.

Not the game for an upset. We would have needed some luck and a bit more composure in the opposition box for us to get a result today. I thought we did well first half, but you could see we were starting to struggle the last 10-15 minutes. We got some breaks, but too often gave it away, which in turn made it difficult to keep our organisation, and we got pulled out of position a few times.

This continued after the break, and I think it may have been time for some early second half substitutions. Felt we needed some fresh minds, fresh legs and someone to make our organisation stronger. But Wilder may not have too much faith in his bench yet. This was one of Hecky's mistakes this season, too much faith in the starting eleven, too much hope that they'll get it right, despite struggling, and also tiring.

Souza my MoM. The more he stays deep and central, shielding the back four, the more effective he looks. The minute he has to, or decides to, track an opponent drifting wide, or filling in for someone who's being pulled out of position, we're struggling to stay in control.

Results against Chelsea away will not define our season… but…
Good God I’m perplexed by McB! His work rate is pathetic! Who does he think he is?? Messi??
And Lowe, just like 3yrs ago, is still the problem! Nowhere to be seen in the 2nd half we might as well not had a left side there was so much space!
Positives… we did create a couple of good chances 1st half. Trusty, Archer and Souza looked good for the most part.
Onto the next… but some big calls need to be made in Jan

Undone by a combination of our own lack of quality and their bags of it. Pretty telling that our LB was the space where they found joy. Brooks left isolated to defend while the actual defenders were out of position. Not a slight on him, he shouldn't have been the one doing that job.

I don’t think he was particularly bad today. Or no worse than everyone else, so I don’t see why he would be the one to get the heave-ho for this performance.
McAtee had a worse game, by far, for example.
It’s chalk and cheese… McAtee is there to work that bit of magic that opens up the defence. Lowe is there to hold his position and defend… he went missing in the 2nd half and cost us any sort of result

Played well lost against Liverpool
Played well beat Brentford
Played bad (ish) lost against Chelsea

Think this will be the big test for Wilder to address the performance (but let's be honest, it wasn't that bad, not like some of the other performances this season)

Thought Souza and Bogle were the better players today

I don’t think he was particularly bad today. Or no worse than everyone else, so I don’t see why he would be the one to get the heave-ho for this performance.
McAtee had a worse game, by far, for example.
Out of position all the time in second half dug out of the shite all the time by Trusty

Back
Top Bottom