Match Thread Chelsea v. Sheffield United - 16th December 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CHE
CHE
CHE

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1702577741453.png vs. 1702577747993.png

Premier League Matchweek 17 - Saturday 16th December 2023 - 15:00 - Stamford Bridge
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/chelsea-vs-sheffield-united.673/

Officials:

Referee: Andy Madley
Assistants: Harry Lennard, Nick Hopton
Fourth Official: Rob Jones
VAR: Peter Bankes
Assistant VAR: Eddie Smart

🚗Matchday Parking:

Stuck for somewhere to park? - CLICK HERE FOR MATCHDAY PARKING

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 18.15.10.png

“They’ll play 5-4-1 and Chelsea will dominate the ball but won’t be able to penetrate or get in behind. Sheffield United will break at the other end…1-0. Or they’ll get a set-piece and make it 2-0.”

I'm guessing that Cundy hasn't bothered watching us recently then.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Souza in the back 4, and Trusty stay at LWB.

That move worked for Basham!

It also allows Wider to pick his favourite in CM.

It’s an away game against a team struggling to find its identity.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Souza in the back 4, and Trusty stay at LWB.

That move worked for Basham!

It also allows Wider to pick his favourite in CM.

It’s an away game against a team struggling to find its identity.
Suza does need moving back - to wherever he came from asap, and if we can get a full refund for him then that would be the deal of the century.

He has nothing that Basham has...other than size

People were almost salivating last week when he managed to pass a ball forward - he himself punched the air as if he had scored a goal when he managed to tackle a Brentford player .

Talk about emperors clothes

I hope im wrong - truly - but im sorry ,he's awful - imo

Our 6-match form is the same as theirs, and they've conceded more than us in the last 6. (better to ignore the Goals For column).
Nice to see we're ahead of Spurs in this table. And Forest are bottom :)

blades chelsea 6 game form.png

Suza does need moving back - to wherever he came from asap, and if we can get a full refund for him then that would be the deal of the century.

People were almost salivating last week when he managed to pass a ball forward - he himself punched the air as if he had scored a goal when he managed to tackle a Brentford player .

Statistically the second highest pass accuracy in the whole team last weekend, with the highest long ball accuracy....

Statistically proves you to be watching a little bit blind and with a chip on your shoulder.

Statistically the second highest pass accuracy in the whole team last weekend, with the highest long ball accuracy....

Statistically proves you to be watching a little bit blind and with a chip on your shoulder.
Nope

Been watching players at BDTBL for 53 years ... he is rubbish , throw whatever stats you like

Nope

Been watching players at BDTBL for 53 years ... he is rubbish , throw whatever stats you like

Should be managing the club then hey....

Technically the game is a completely different game to what it ever was since the formation of the premier league and isn't the slightest what it was 52 years ago.

I think you are wrong about Souza, that's my opinion obviously and I am entitled to have it.

Should be managing the club then hey....

Technically the game is a completely different game to what it ever was since the formation of the premier league and isn't the slightest what it was 52 years ago.

I think you are wrong about Souza, that's my opinion obviously and I am entitled to have it.
Yes you are

Never in doubt

you’re right of course - things have changed . But - imo - Souza offers very little , but does look better with no Norwood because those two together were like 2 cardboard cutouts pulling each other down in a sea of quicksand - and I’m a Norwood fan

Where an earth do you think we are getting 3 goals from? 😂
Because Wilder knows his tactics and formation will be responsible for any further improvement to his JTW prospects.
Long game is he might just save our EPL status, provided he doesn’t do anything silly like starting Fleck or Norwood!

I have gone from being anti Wilder, to believing he has learned from past mistakes. Time will tell, but he knows that time is not on his side.

If Chelsea are vulnerable, it’s in defence.

Basham was not outstanding in midfield in the early Wilder days. Who turned him into an attacking centre back?
It’s an option, and an opinion. It might not happen, but using Sousa as a centre back does give Wider the option to start your favourite Norwood! ;)

Chelsea have spent about £323m on eight players in this transfer window, more than any other side in Europe, and have broken the record for the highest summer spend by any club in the world - eclipsing Real Madrid's £292m in 2019.

And we moan about the quality we got for 300m pounds less Chelsea fans must be well miffed

Back
Top Bottom