CONFIRMED Che Adams

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Agree, we've got Long, Eastwood and Ramsdale...

Oh and Willis doesn't play for us anymore ;)

thatsthejoke.jpg

Could you point to where this has been expressed as the manager's view, rather than your view of the manager's view?

Someone purporting to be ITK mentioned it on here recently. That means nowt to me, though. It's perfectly clear from what Tufty and Knill are saying and, more telling still, not saying. The cry of "Che is going nowhere. We want to keep him" is conspicuous by it's absence.

It's just kinda obvious, mate, reading between the lines and all that.

Someone purporting to be ITK mentioned it on here recently. That means nowt to me, though. It's perfectly clear from what Tufty and Knill are saying and, more telling still, not saying. The cry of "Che is going nowhere. We want to keep him" is conspicuous by it's absence.

It's just kinda obvious, mate, reading between the lines and all that.

Is DCL off too then? The approaches publicly to both couldn't have been more identical.

Is DCL off too then? The approaches publicly to both couldn't have been more identical.

My view which really means nowt , is It's been conspicuous in its absence of Wilder being a dement that either player is going nowhere . He is more savvy than the bloke a Bury acting the way he did over the Clarke saga .

I think negotiations are ongoing with interested parties , on both fee , sell on clause , and loan possibilities .

As we are still short on a number of players in certain positions ( goalkeeper included ) , Wilder , board , funders , bank do require hard cash to complete the building project . Che and DCL hold the key for this to be concluded successfully IMO .

UTB

My view which really means nowt , is It's been conspicuous in its absence of Wilder being a dement that either player is going nowhere . He is more savvy than the bloke a Bury acting the way he did over the Clarke saga .

I think negotiations are ongoing with interested parties , on both fee , sell on clause , and loan possibilities .

As we are still short on a number of players in certain positions ( goalkeeper included ) , Wilder , board , funders , bank do require hard cash to complete the building project . Che and DCL hold the key for this to be concluded successfully IMO .

UTB

That may well be the case – I just think Wilder is being sensibly realistic on this. We don't want to sell people below their value, and if they go he will have targets in mind, but equally if they stay they will be used. I don't think he's actively willing either to go.

That may well be the case – I just think Wilder is being sensibly realistic on this. We don't want to sell people below their value, and if they go he will have targets in mind, but equally if they stay they will be used. I don't think he's actively willing either to go.

Think you have just said what Wilder actually said in private . You ITK:D

As long as they meet Wilder's valuation he'll go, and that's how it should be. CW knows who he wants and how much they'll cost.

Open the box , take the money .

Take the money . Will cover the rebuilding .

Just on Clarke . To get the best out of the guy the bloke appears , to have to be loved to get the best out of him.

Job for Wilder , Knill and especially us fans .

Don't forget we will have to pay some good money for a promotion winning goalkeeper. So good sound business selling if the price is right .

£1.7m? Brilliant. So whilst the rest of the footballing world holds on to their promising youngsters unless the offer is too ridiculous to turn down, we line up a deal for what is practically peanuts by comparison. Ffs. This best not be true. He's key to us going up and would be worth a lot more if we did. McCabe after the quick quid as per.

One thing to take from tonight... Che's not put any more weight on. So that's a positive. If we keep him.

Listening to Wilders interview on FH and deffo sounds like he's going. Hope the fee is decent.

But will Che want to go to Brum? He's got some say in the matter too ! Likely to get a game there but given the rumoured Geordie interest he may hang on a while

UTB
evertons offer for dcl was actually 250k plus loads of add ons ,appearances goals international games etc ! utd told them what to do .

If you look at cold hard facts £1.7m for someone who was playing for Ilkeston Town 2 years ago and hasn't really set the world alight would be seen as good business. The problem is most other clubs would get double that.

To put some perspective to it.

John Stones went for 3m from Barnsley to Everton.

He's not first choice for the National team yet and is about to move for 50m.

Let's not rush too quickly in levering a youngster of promise out the door so readily at the first sniff of a wad of notes.

I think we have to take into account his age when selling..
Harry Kane at Che's age had been on loan for 2/3 seasons and got less goals than Che, in fact not many strikers come of age until at least early 20's.
This season could/should be Che's season when he really starts to show what he's capable of. If he has the talent??? It doesn't look like CW fancies Che as a player for the here and now and that ls what CW stated when he first got here,was that he was going to do anything to go up this season.

Let's just make one or two assumptions, outrageously, ludicrously implausible though they may be:

1. Tufty doesn't rate Adams all that highly.
2. He wants to bring in players that he really rates highly and will, in his view, make a difference.
3. His budget means he has to sell to finance the further recruitment.
4. £1.7m is as good as he can get, given that neither NU nor WA have followed up interest with money.
5. Tufty thinks Ché is a price worth paying to further his own plans. He wants to take the offer from Brum.

Of course, all the above is light years from the truth. It's clear CW wants to hang on to Adams like grim death.

Just indulge my crazy theory, though, for one moment. Should we tell Brum to piss off?

I may adopt that. When I discuss my tomatoes in the greenhouse I shall be horticulturistically challenged by their inability to ripen. Tonight I believe that financiallistically and stomachatastically I shouldn't have bought the biggest Burrito in the world with Habaneros sauce and three bottles of 8.2% Vintage cider. Realistically I am in a tanglistically arsoldistically state.

Back
Top Bottom