Wilder pleads with the board

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

if we get 25m plus add ons he's gone..

Good job mcabe isn't here to give him away for buttons, that's the only saving grace.

Club are under some strong focus now.

We went up and spent little on transfers when fees in were taken into account for Berge and Ndiaye
The explanation for that was obvious given the financial mess we were in, and that the money gained would be used to fund off field projects and reset the balance sheet.
Bettis has stated we will need to sell maybe one player if we went down, this was many months back when Blaster wasn’t even in contention, and at best might have been worth a million or so based on where he was at career wise and experience wise at that time.

So, I understood that as follows.

Archer- has a pre arranged deal, that didn’t count as far as Bettis is concerned meaning we will need to sell another decent asset, and a fee of around £20m.
The parachute money will be used to fund salary, not a transfer budget. Therefore we will need that transfer fee in to support the rebuild.

Options-
Anel- shown himself up this season with performances and attitude. Confirmed he isn’t a premier league player, and no Champ club can afford him. Best he can hope is a top league club abroad will pay, but even then no champions league clubs will be interested so fee wise we will be lucky to get £10m. Clubs going up to the prem won’t be interested, they have better already.

Hamer- proven he has certain attributes to mix it in the top league. Stats wise he has performed in a poor side.
He will be on the radar if promoted and lower end prem sides. Has a long enough contract, we can control that fee. Not sure of any sell on clause but there’s a profit in that transfer.
Minimum £20m fee.

Blaster- High ceiling for development, age, proven he’s capable. Could be a question mark over consistency as that isn’t proven yet. Long contract, in our hands.
Minimum £20m fee.

Osula- Potential, not proven at all in men’s football. Needs to go on loan and play a lot.
Good contract, but a risk to a buyer and only really a prem club low cost risk.
At best £5m.

Souza- paid a high fee but was obvious from the off he lacked anything like the talent we might have hoped befits a player of that price. Poor attitude, and won’t want to be here either.
If we can get anything back for him we will be lucky, but might find a £5-10m bid from someone who wants a player with experience. But our issue again is the clubs who might be interested are unlikely to have big money to spend.

The rest…the Traore, Trusty, Slimane, Grbic we are stuck with, all not good enough and solid waste of money.
In my eyes worth whatever you can get for them and Wilder needs to be dragging them in for meetings with Their agents to tell them to find another club, we do t want them and will take whatever we can get and cut our losses.

At the moment I dont see many other saleable assets with contracts at the club. So regardless what happens we need to hope we can find buyers for the players who clearly want out (Anel/Souza) and that last lot of dross and sell 6 rather than one.
However…hanging over us is the owner, and the need for a lot of players incoming.

I predict that they would rather sell one or two rather than 6 as it just makes the transfer in task harder and more expensive.
So best we can hope is Anel and Souza find buyers soon, so we can bin them off and hopefully resist temptation to sell the 2 players we need to be rebuilding the club around.

I’m trying to be realistic, but looking at going rates for PL players these days, I just feel your min £20m for Arblaster should be higher.

He has the potential to keep improving and with better players around him I believe will make him an even better player. By that I mean better players, more options to release the ball and make those killer passes that make a player stand out. Players fees continue to rise, therefore:

Minimum fee £25m -£30m

I’m trying to be realistic, but looking at going rates for PL players these days, I just feel your min £20m for Arblaster should be higher.

He has the potential to keep improving and with better players around him I believe will make him an even better player. By that I mean better players, more options to release the ball and make those killer passes that make a player stand out. Players fees continue to rise, therefore:

Minimum fee £25m -£30m

We view things higher, he’s our player.
He’s only worth what someone will pay. Scott at Bristol is an example of a similar level player.
We are a championship club, he’s a player who’s shown huge talent and had 5/6 good games under the circumstances.

That doesn’t make him world class and an option for clubs to throw their whole budget at him.
Top clubs have better/proven players of his level. They won’t throw more than that at him.

We view things higher, he’s our player.
He’s only worth what someone will pay. Scott at Bristol is an example of a similar level player.
We are a championship club, he’s a player who’s shown huge talent and had 5/6 good games under the circumstances.

That doesn’t make him world class and an option for clubs to throw their whole budget at him.
Top clubs have better/proven players of his level. They won’t throw more than that at him.

True he’s only worth what a club will pay. But other factors also come into play. If more clubs are interested there’s a likelihood that bids could rise.

Furthermore, you are also right that we are a championship club, but OA is already proving himself in the PL so for me that also changes things.

No player coming from the championship is World class. Clubs buy these players on potential and their belief the player can adapt and step up. My belief is top class budgets (fees) are £50m plus, therefore I put OA’s potential and ability and age in the bracket I have

One of the strongest things I’ve seen wrote on here.

Well done sir.
Abdullah needs to sell season tickets. There isn't much else to talk up is there ? The Sponsors end of season dinner has been opened up to fans. Who have been previously barred. Desperation !

The thing here is, as he is a home grown player, any sale is pure profit on the balance sheet, and if we are sailing close to the wind would give us breathing space ( I don't want to sell BTW)
Not a pop at you mate but how the hell can we be sailing close to the wind? We’ve had shedloads of cash from the PL seasons plus parachutes- we’ve spent sod all if you factor in the sales

According to a rag this morning, Wilder has pleaded with the board to keep Arblaster next season

If that is true, then I have a feeling that I know what’s coming then?
It all depends on the kid himself and how well he is advised, he was nowhere near our first team squad for ages and was loaned out to league 2 to play men's football, it's worked and he's now a starter in possibly the worst team to ever grace the premier league, however that won't translate to being a regular starter for a team in or chasing European football, if he goes he will no doubt be quadrupling his salary and playing carabao cup games , and making cameo sub appearances, or even going on loan , so he could effectively sign for a premier league club on 4-5 x his salary now and be loaned back to us

Arblaster fee talks will start at well over 30m, everyone knows his levels .

if we get 25 million offer for a player who has never scored a goal, made an assist or started in a winning team for us, we are doing smg well for once...

Hark at the title of the article in the Sun.

The notion of someone on their knees begging for a player not to be sold.

More like:

CW - “HRH, we need to be keeping Arblaster”

HRH - “OK”

Morgan Rodgers had 6 months at Boro and left for £14million and now he’s starting for Villa and he would be worth 3x that I would imagine.

We will crumble if it starts with a 2 though.

Personally he’s got a long contract and I would be saying have 2 seasons playing every game as captain. Try and give him a bumper new deal with more money and then say in 2 years if we aren’t in the PL and even if we are we will cash in and you go and be a legend somewhere else.

Morgan Rodgers had 6 months at Boro and left for £14million and now he’s starting for Villa and he would be worth 3x that I would imagine.

We will crumble if it starts with a 2 though.

Personally he’s got a long contract and I would be saying have 2 seasons playing every game as captain. Try and give him a bumper new deal with more money and then say in 2 years if we aren’t in the PL and even if we are we will cash in and you go and be a legend somewhere else.
We’re very poor at offering improved deals. You hardly hear of us offering deals unless we absolutely have to.

Back
Top Bottom