CONFIRMED Che Adams

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ricky, I thought it had been muted on here in recent days that incomings and Wilder's leading targets weren't totally dependent upon the sale of Adams. I know forum posters aren't the font of all knowledge on what the budget actually looks like but I do wonder if it is feasible to strengthen and hold on to him. He's raw, inconsistent but if he hit form this season, he could be the difference between promotion or L1 next year. He's the only one who unerringly runs at his man. If he had a stormer of a season amidst regular L1 football, with Hussey or Brayford as his wingback, he's value would increase further.

Maybe incomings aren't totally dependent on Che's sale, but you can bet the quality and number of them is.

This is the way I look at it with Adams.

Is he the best centre forward option we could hope for alongside Sharp? No.

Is he the best left winger we could get, especially if we had good money to spend? No.

Is he likely to have a good season and increase in value? No - based on his form last season, his weight gain and his loss of pace. And he might not even be first choice - and nothing will decrease his value quicker than sitting on the bench.

How about loaning him out for a season, wages paid, makes a success price tag goes up.

If unsuccessful - no value gain and we don't even benefit from the contribution he can make. Will also have a year less on his contract. Non starter!

Adams wont be going to Newcastle, they have confirmed they wont be making a move this summer.

Good I think he needs another couple of seasons with us before we cash in on him. Although I think if we get promotion he is more likely to stick with us anyway.

Is he likely to have a good season and increase in value? No - based on his form last season, his weight gain and his loss of pace. And he might not even be first choice - and nothing will decrease his value quicker than sitting on the bench.

This is what I don't understand. Last season, Che was easily our second-highest scorer:

upload_2016-7-27_12-9-43.png

He played eight games less than Billy, started thirteen games less than Billy and - of the players still at the club - the rest (Che and Billy excepted) totalled ten goals. Che got eleven.

Billy's goals count for nothing unless others are chipping in. Che pulled his weight (despite his 'weight gain' and 'loss of pace' :rolleyes:) , the rest didn't. Where will those 'extra' eleven goals come from? Talk of Clarke, Done, McNulty etc. are just supposition at this stage.

Let's not rush to push the kid out the door just yet.

If we're not going to get 3m+ from Newcastle, then accepting any 1m+ bid for the sake of it is just plain daft. He's still so young and having come from non-league his progression could be very quick. Let's not forget last year was his first full one as a pro really.

The four of Duffy-Sharp-Clarke-Adams Scored 60 goals last season.

That's a huge start for promotion. Not to mention you'd expect Done, McNulty and Calvert-Lewin to be able to supplement this. And that's prior to adding goals from other departments.

To me, it's not spending big fees, but keeping the likes of Adams if substantial bids aren't going to materialise which represents speculating to accumulate.

Another centre back needed if we stick. Long sounds a good fit.

Anything else, Morsey, a keeper etc are a bonus and perhaps could be done if Maguire is sold.

Minus Newcastle, if a situation develops where no one's willing to give us more than £1.5m, then it'll become a lot more difficult.

But if we ended up keeping him and he couldn't get in the team, we wouldn't be doing anyone any favours, most of all ourselves. If we signed a good left winger and kept him, his presence could just complicate matters.

I'd like to see Adams revert back to left wing. Plenty of his goals early last season came when he was used there, and when he was moved up front we immediately removed any goalscoring threat from the midfield. The strength of options up front combined with the lack of options on both wings makes this an obvious move. Did I read recently that left wing is his preferred position too?

I'd like to see Adams revert back to left wing. Plenty of his goals early last season came when he was used there, and when he was moved up front we immediately removed any goalscoring threat from the midfield. The strength of options up front combined with the lack of options on both wings makes this an obvious move. Did I read recently that left wing is his preferred position too?

Yeah I read that too mate about his preferred position. I actually like him at right wing like he was at Swindon away in the play offs, but he looks a threat on either wing and if he's going to stay we could definitely consider him on the wing. I can only see 4-4-2 working with both Billy and Clarke in the side up top.

What about a world where Clarke joins AND Che stays and becomes our regular left winger! Ohh, err - crikey. That'd be called ambition wunt it?
The more I think about it the more I need this to happen...

I'll just say again in case some were not listening:

The manager, Tufty, everyone's Bladey favourite. Remember him? Well, he wants Adams to go. He doesn't rate him too highly and wants to sell him to fund other recruitment.

Still, if you lot want him to stay against the manager's wishes and scupper his plans, that's your right of course. Rather silly and self-defeating, but your right...

Just maybe a big money deal has been done but we don't want to announce it while we are negotiating for other players as the price will shoot up if other teams think we are loaded. Now that would be sensible for once.

What about a world where Clarke joins AND Che stays and becomes our regular left winger! Ohh, err - crikey. That'd be called ambition wunt it?

If Adams stays now we've got Clarke, we've got to get promoted. If Morsy signs we'll win the league.

Getting quite a lot of strength and depth now

GKs - Long/Ramsdale/Willis

RBs -
Brayford/Freeman/Whiteman
LBs - Hussey/Freeman/Wallace
CBs - O'Connell/Wright/Wilson/Brayford/Basham

RMs - Duffy/Coutts/Basham/Whiteman/Done/Brooks/Calvert-Lewin
LMs -
Duffy/Adams/Done/Woolford/Fleck/Calvert-Lewin
CMs -
Fleck/Basham/Coutts/Scougall/Reed/Wallace/Whiteman

STs - Sharp/Clarke/McNulty/Adams/Done/Calvert-Lewin

Amber is more of a last resort scenario type thing

If Adams stays now we've got Clarke, we've got to get promoted. If Morsy signs we'll win the league.

RBs -

LMs -
CMs -

I'd whole heartedly agree with all of that, mate. If Adams stays and we add Morsy and a right-sided centre half then the league is there for the taking. I hope that the board could read these discussions - fans don't know everything and we aren't professionals in the game but to offer an opinion which suggests that one or two acquisitions (whilst hanging on to what you have got) and you could make it over the line to the Championship, surely that is worth listening to? A side of the above, with the right CM and CB could even hold its own at the league above, or be the solid foundation/starting point, but let's not get carried away..!

RBs -

LMs -
CMs -

Looks promising but still think we need a decent keeper .

RBs -

LMs -
CMs -

I think Willis will struggle to get a look in this season...

Wilder doesn't want to hold on to Adams. He is not hugely impressed. He'd rather have the dosh to spend. I know the manager's view is irrelevant but thought it worth a mention...

Wilder doesn't want to hold on to Adams. He is not hugely impressed. He'd rather have the dosh to spend. I know the manager's view is irrelevant but thought it worth a mention...

Could you point to where this has been expressed as the manager's view, rather than your view of the manager's view?

Back
Top Bottom