Budget, technical board and youth

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I didn't think i was in the minority. I speak to lots of people who think highly of Reed. Some people just see what's in front of them and some see what could be. You're the former
I'm definitely describing what I see in front of me. I accept with any young lad, there's potential. I'm just not interested in using our club to see if it pans out. Getting out if England's third division is all that matters.

It was getting sidetracked with the "ethos" bullshit that sent us in the wrong direction when we got relegated. I see " focus on youth" being the next distraction to all that matters - winning football matches.

Damning young played doesn't make me feel good. It's just what I see, and I keep on being proved right, sadly.

UTB

The particular point I was replying to was that whilst the poster only thought the budget would drop by half a million from his own estimate of what this seasons would be was that I doubted 2015/16s wage bill would have dropped that much from the previous year and therefore a further drop to £4.5 million is a big reduction. Him pretending not to see the point just causes tedium.

And that's why I mentioned the edit. He changed the figure to suit the point he was trying to make.

Yeah get where you're coming from re the likely erroneousness of the guesstimate of £5 or £6 million but I took it that was a "for instance" figure to make the point that the coming season will see a reduction but not to the extent that we can't bring players in. Presumably the £6million was taken from the recent Star article without referring to the accounts.

had his confidence shattered by Adkins, he might flourish under a new manager. Same as the rest. Don't write them off yet, see what CW comes up with.

Replace Adkins with Clough and what do we have?
Deja vu.

Only this time CW or someone has decided on a wholesale clearout.
Shame we've had to wait twelve months. Hopefully, this time next year, we'll be culling because they're not good enough for the Championship.

Yeah get where you're coming from re the likely erroneousness of the guesstimate of £5 or £6 million but I took it that was a "for instance" figure to make the point that the coming season will see a reduction but not to the extent that we can't bring players in. Presumably the £6million was taken from the recent Star article without referring to the accounts.

Nicely put.

Edit: Please arbitrate next time too.

I think the problem with Reed is he has no speciality in midfield, much like Coutts minus the physical precense.

Both don't offer pace, goals, many assists and also fail to offer tackling and marking ability, stamina or tenacity.

As a midfielder you need to be able to offer something going forward or help out defensively. Both Reed and Coutts have fantastic ball control, vision and execution but unfortunately neither really excel defensively or offensively. The only way I can see either being in a successful side is if they are acompanied by a complete midfielder (Think Gerrard, or for us more recently Coady).

I think as well if you're blessed to have a true box to box midfielder like the above, you could play a limited playmaker like Reed and do well, or you could play a goal scoring midfielder with him and excel.

Reed still has time on his side, if he could really pick a discipline (more likely going forward then defending due to his obvious size and strength disadvantage) he could still develop into a fine player. The technical ability and calmness on the ball is encouraging.

I'll be very happy to be wrong, but my confident prediction is that most of the current crop (including Long) won't make it / are bang average third division players at best.

The rules have changed and we won't get chance to keep players like Walker in future.

As our wage bill continues to be squeezed to reflect our shiteness, maintaining the hugely expensive academy will be seen as the millstone that it is.

UTB
How can you say Long wont make it.

100 plus first team starts, a season in the Scottish Premier League and potential admirers in the Premier League.

I am afraid he has already made it. He may not be your cup of tea but make no bones about it, he will have and is having the life of a professional footballer.

How can you say Long wont make it.

100 plus first team starts, a season in the Scottish Premier League and potential admirers in the Premier League.

I am afraid he has already made it. He may not be your cup of tea but make no bones about it, he will have and is having the life of a professional footballer.
I didn't say (specifically) any wont make it, I said it would be third division at best for them. Some wont makeit at all.

UTB

Its sad to say but i agree with your point with the majority of the young lads.

Big issue today is that any sniff of first team action and these kids sometimes think they already have made it........................ As far as Long is concerned 100 first team games means he has made it, all be it in the 3rd tier of English football. Nice job though, even at that level.

Of course it is, it's why we bother coming on isn't it?

Your opinion of him is so out of kilter with anyone I know, which made me wonder if you were totally unbiased. However, i really respect those who "have the alls" to sensibly defend a minority opinion, even if it didn't come across that way in text :)

UTB
I'll say it, I'm with sheffielder here. I love watching Reedy.

I'll say it, I'm with sheffielder here. I love watching Reedy.

It's all about opinions. Some, like this one, totally amaze me. My guts almost twist ("is this really how far we've fallen") when I see either him or DCL come on. That's football. :)

UTB

Back
Top Bottom