Board left with no choice

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Here we go now, another round of musical chairs, useless prats who've been marketing their non -existent skills on the media or paper columns will be in the running. Pearson, Megson, Pardew, Warnock again, anybody else? Micah Richards , he's got plenty to say for himself lately. Will have to be a BAME person to fulfil this quota system.

How hasn't he caused this? Come on, let's have an actual discussion regards why Wilder hasn't caused this, I've given you my points. You can give me your argument.
He got us to the brink of the champions league from league 1 in 4 years. And then football stopped and for the last 7 months its been a different world. So I can forgive him a granted absolutely horrendous season. He should have been completely left alone by the board and given the objective of taking us back up. His track record shows how good he is. Nothing at all to do with bladey blade. As people are rightly saying if there was someone out there with his record we'd want to appoint them. I think he's completely earned the right to push back on director of football. This nonsense about recruitment completely ignores all the recruitment that took us from finishing 11th in league 1 to nearly the championship league. We've had to settle for no first choice signings as they've gone elsewhere. Recruitment has been poor this season but I think the rest outweighs it.

So in short he hasn't caused it because he should have been given the chance next season after all he's done.

Like I said before I'm devastated so probably coming across aggressive but I'd bet you everything I own that in 5 years we'll be in a worse position than now.

He got us to the brink of the champions league from league 1 in 4 years. And then football stopped and for the last 7 months its been a different world. So I can forgive him a granted absolutely horrendous season. He should have been completely left alone by the board and given the objective of taking us back up. His track record shows how good he is. Nothing at all to do with bladey blade. As people are rightly saying if there was someone out there with his record we'd want to appoint them. I think he's completely earned the right to push back on director of football. This nonsense about recruitment completely ignores all the recruitment that took us from finishing 11th in league 1 to nearly the championship league. We've had to settle for no first choice signings as they've gone elsewhere. Recruitment has been poor this season but I think the rest outweighs it.

So in short he hasn't caused it because he should have been given the chance next season after all he's done.

Like I said before I'm devastated so probably coming across aggressive but I'd bet you everything I own that in 5 years we'll be in a worse position than now.
Agree somewhat. However, the recruitment at pl level was laughable. You can forgive poor signings in L1 and the championship as it's not vast amounts like we've spent this season. The prince owns the club, if he feels a DOF is needed, then the club will get a DOF. Wilders gone the wrong way about things imo.

Let's be honest whoever we get unless it's pep is going to be in for a tough time from the start with most of us, we all remember Robson etc. Whoever he is has to hit the ground running or else we will be calling for him and most probably the Prince to go by Christmas. P. S. It better not be Neil lennon.

I think we all need to take a deep breath and wait and see before assuming that all will be doom and disaster. I am also very sad that CW has left, after his phenomenal achievements for our club, but this season has shown up a lot of deficiencies and some of the transfer dealings and lack of tactical flexibility have been causes for concern. Supporters abandoning the club before an opportunity to see what will happen next seems premature and, hopefully, there will be a rethink.

Chris Wilder has wasted upwards of £130m on players who haven’t improved us from the side that got promoted. Granted he did a fantastic job previously but how long does he get a free pass?

The Prince hasn’t sacked him, more likely he’s looked at the money that’s been wasted and decided to bring a DOF in to address this (which I think is fair enough) and Wilder has walked.

It was only a few weeks ago that Kieran Magiure tweeted details of the club borrowing against next seasons Premier League TV money. Now as we won’t be in the Premier League next year this probably means we’ve borrowed against the parachute payments and therefore have to be extra careful not to waste money.

I think what the Prince has done here is try to safe guard the future of the club, he can’t just keep on giving a manager with a proven track record of wasting tens of millions of pounds in such a small amount of time free reign to sign who he wants.

The opening post is correct. If I slagged my boss off at every given opportunity i'd be sacked as well. There's only one person to blame for Chris Wilder getting sacked & sadly thats Chris Wilder.
Like many I am sad to see him go and so sorry that it has come to this but the board were left with no choice at all.
Personally I think he should have been sacked after 10 games but thats just my opinion and doesnt mean i'm pleased he's now gone.
I wish him all the best.

This is it god. If you're there you know what to do

Well, we appointed Bryan Robson. I don’t expect we’ll make that mistake again.
Just because it happened once doesn’t mean it’ll happen every time.

SUFC history would indicate if there's an opportunity to mess it up we will

10 games to go. What is the point of it happening now? Who is going to be in charge for our game this weekend? Cannot see Alan Knill staying. Truly gutted.
The timing is certainly strange.
Would be interesting to know why it is now and not 3 or 4 months ago or why we didn't wait until next Christmas.
It is still "we", I still and will always support United - whoever owns them, who ever is the manager.

It seems to me that our fans are already at each others throats concerning the rights or wrongs of this change of the guard. It may or may not work out but I one feel hollowed out by what has happened. I thought we had at last arrived. I should know better having supported the lads for 70+ yrs. Well Chris, I am sorry it has ended this way, and I wish you all the best for the future. As for the clubs future it's in the lap of the gods.

This has been coming to a head.

There was the rumours in January that he'd gone.

It's quite clear that PA want this United World feeder club approach which relies on whoever our manager is signing foreign players and using a DOF for transfers. CW doesn't seem inclined to do either. We've spent a lot in the last two years. More than most. The results have been fairly dire. We're never likely to become an established top flight club following our current recruitment policy. PA simply hasn't got the money and in fairness those who have aren't exactly greatly outspending him.

If neither side are prepared to compromise then there's only going to be one result, whether that's now or later.

Lets face it, the writing's been on the wall. And I really doubt Prince and co wanted it to come to this, because they know exactly what Wilder means to the fanbase.

But. Every press conference if it hasn't been blowing smoke up the opposition's arse has been thinly veiled digs at the board.
He's been struggling like never before so he's been punching out, I get that, but destroying your relationship with those above you probably isn't a good idea.
Dragging our crap through the media has been very unsavoury to see, and it's only been from one party.

He's been backed, to the volume NO manager of this club ever has been, or likely ever will be again in the near future. To the sound of £130m.
The transfers haven't been a particular success so the board are rumoured to want a DoF in, that's a good model to follow and all the elite (and the majority of the Prem) have in place. It's thinking to the future. Chris didn't like it. But if he can't work with a DoF he'll never get a job at a top club.

Thanks for everything Chris, and I'm sad it's had to happen like this. But I really think it's for the best for all concerned.
We I suspect will now get a DoF in place and create a new club structure which we will need to become a sustainable PL club (fucking hell, even Burnley have one).
I expect him to take a little break and get a job at a Championship club angling for promotion late next season. And that will be really sad to see him in the opposition dugout.

The club isn't ending, managers come and go, although this one hurts at the minute. And it hurts we didn't get to say goodbye or thank him for the previous 4 years.
My personal views on the situation and this season aside, he is the best I've ever seen and I literally have CWAK tattooed on my arse.
He leaves us in a far better state than when he took over, now it's over to the board to put their plans into play. And none of this 'it will set us back 10 years' bollocks, we are about to go down with parachute payments and the basics of a great championship squad. Few additions here and there, create a new structure at the club with a DoF and a European scouting network - and with a good manager at the helm we'll be up there. Don't you worry about that.

But again, thanks for everything Chris. Brought our club back from the dead and we will never forget it. Legend.

View attachment 107863

You’ve changed your view somewhat in the last three weeks...

35427892-4775-4808-BBEA-AFF38B50D4DC.png

If this year would have happened last year he wouldn't have been sacked. It was expected.

A contributory factor to his sacking is the success he had last season.
Got to agree, but the fall off from last Season is a bit epic

and the reasons for the fall off appear to be fuckin obvious, the signings

I am a lot less confident now. The new manager is going to need massive bollocks as he will be given no leeway at all from the fans.

Why shouldn't the new guy have leeway? He's not to blame for Wilder leaving, we shouldn't be writing him off before we play. Unless it's Lennon. He's a FWC

I wish he had stayed but he has left. Does anyone on here really think all his decisions this year were of the same standard as last? I found myself almost laughing at striker selection some weeks and it seemed to me that he was really struggling. He is stubborn beyond belief and that’s his right obviously. However if I were the chairman bottom of the league and with 21 losses this year I would also be stubborn. Chris showed Duffy who was boss.... perhaps that rule does not apply to him. Good luck Chris I sincerely wish you all the best. Nobody on here knows the next steps.... we lost the first 4 under Wilder as well so let’s just give it time.

They did have a choice and they've got it wrong. They've destroyed everything he's done in the 4 years. And we know if by some absolute miracle we ever get in the position wilder got us in again (champions league qualification in our hands with 10 games to go) they'll just sack whoever got us there as soon as we have a difficult spell. Dont really see the point in us now.

Drama lama much?

Why shouldn't the new guy have leeway? He's not to blame for Wilder leaving, we shouldn't be writing him off before we play. Unless it's Lennon. He's a FWC
Agree not the new manager's fault but Wilder is so close to most fans hearts it will be virtually impossible for the next manager to be accepted unless they get off to an absolute flyer.
Agree on Lennon👌

The opening post is correct. If I slagged my boss off at every given opportunity i'd be sacked as well. There's only one person to blame for Chris Wilder getting sacked & sadly thats Chris Wilder.
Like many I am sad to see him go and so sorry that it has come to this but the board were left with no choice at all.
Personally I think he should have been sacked after 10 games but thats just my opinion and doesnt mean i'm pleased he's now gone.
I wish him all the best.
When has Wilder slagged off his boss?

So we’re getting a worse manager apparently even though you don’t even know who it is?
Yes , no one has suggested anyone better ... can you suggest anyone better in our budget ?

wilder is better than Bilic and Howe and they are the best on offer atm

Back
Top Bottom