Board left with no choice

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

They had the choice and they've made the wrong one. Doom and gloom from me now, we'll be in League 1 before we're back in the PL.

Curbishley/Pardew/Pulis/McCarthy type manager next or some 'trendy' foreign manager who wears glasses and has never played the game. Can't wait.
Based on... nothing at all?

I too am very sad to see Chris go but if it had been any other club I don't think that losing 21 out of 25 games would have been acceptable look at W Brom,Chelsea
they got rid of their managers
We don't know all the facts yet and we are all a little shell shocked I can't see that our owner would allow us to go into freefall it is his own money and rich(?} as he is he won't want to lose loads of it
So chins up blades lets hope all turns out well in the end

Based on... nothing at all?
Well we can see from this decision they haven't got a fucking clue about managers so I'd say based on that it will undoubtedly be some wank manager like that

And none of this 'it will set us back 10 years' bollocks, we are about to go down with parachute payments and the basics of a great championship squad. Few additions here and there, create a new structure at the club with a DoF and a European scouting network - and with a good manager at the helm we'll be up there. Don't you worry about that.

Yeah cos the last time we went down with parachute payments (plus some West Ham compo to boot) we really made the most of it didn't we? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Based on the historical stupid decisions made by this club that tend to leave us a lot worse off than where we started.

Build a club around someone’s vision and then just get rid, genius move.
We haven’t ‘just got rid’ have we? This is a seasons worth of tensions hitting breaking point.

Yeah cos the last time we went down with parachute payments (plus some West Ham compo to boot) we really made the most of it didn't we? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Well, we appointed Bryan Robson. I don’t expect we’ll make that mistake again.
Just because it happened once doesn’t mean it’ll happen every time.

They haven’t sacked him, it’s mutual. And what exactly do you want them to do, keep on pretending everything’s fine?

Wilder walked as he's always said he would. A better thread title would be: Wilder left with no choice.

I agree. Some of the best times I have seen in over 60 years, but we recovered from Bassett leaving and others before him, so with the right appointment we go again.
How did we recover from Bassett leaving also as much as I didn’t like him how did we recover from Warnock leaving.
Of course we will go on of course I will still go but this man galvanised the clubs dnd the supporters had us playing the best football in our lifetimes. He made us proud to be a Blade he was also one of us so always did what’s best for the club.
To sack him during this crazy time we are having and not give him a chance to get us back is up there with the most stupid decisions this club has ever made and there are a few. I would say to the board you had your chance to make yourselves legends by holding strong. If this goes tits up and we don’t look like getting promoted next year there will be no grace given trust me.

What? How is it harder to not go up? Mental.
Obviously an exaggeration 🤣🤣 but as evidenced by Norwich and Watford taking the league by storm, the gap between PL and Champ has never been bigger

They haven’t sacked him, it’s mutual. And what exactly do you want them to do, keep on pretending everything’s fine?
Back him to try and get us back up. Instead of getting a worse manager and devastating loads of the fans. We don't agree and I'm absolutely fucking fuming so just ranting really nothing against you personally. Just fucking disgusted by it

The biggest issue for me is the whole club will undergo a restructure which will set things back a few years. The academy for example, the youth teams play a mirror of what the first team do 352, moulding and hopefully creating players to come through. We haven't had this for years, but we're starting to see 1 or 2 show promise. Also, the squad is so set up for the 352 it's going to take a major overhaul of the first team squad to play anything much different as well.

Back him to try and get us back up. Instead of getting a worse manager and devastating loads of the fans. We don't agree and I'm absolutely fucking fuming so just ranting really nothing against you personally. Just fucking disgusted by it
So we’re getting a worse manager apparently even though you don’t even know who it is?

Lets face it, the writing's been on the wall. And I really doubt Prince and co wanted it to come to this, because they know exactly what Wilder means to the fanbase.

But. Every press conference if it hasn't been blowing smoke up the opposition's arse has been thinly veiled digs at the board.
He's been struggling like never before so he's been punching out, I get that, but destroying your relationship with those above you probably isn't a good idea.
Dragging our crap through the media has been very unsavoury to see, and it's only been from one party.

He's been backed, to the volume NO manager of this club ever has been, or likely ever will be again in the near future. To the sound of £130m.
The transfers haven't been a particular success so the board are rumoured to want a DoF in, that's a good model to follow and all the elite (and the majority of the Prem) have in place. It's thinking to the future. Chris didn't like it. But if he can't work with a DoF he'll never get a job at a top club.

Thanks for everything Chris, and I'm sad it's had to happen like this. But I really think it's for the best for all concerned.
We I suspect will now get a DoF in place and create a new club structure which we will need to become a sustainable PL club (fucking hell, even Burnley have one).
I expect him to take a little break and get a job at a Championship club angling for promotion late next season. And that will be really sad to see him in the opposition dugout.

The club isn't ending, managers come and go, although this one hurts at the minute. And it hurts we didn't get to say goodbye or thank him for the previous 4 years.
My personal views on the situation and this season aside, he is the best I've ever seen and I literally have CWAK tattooed on my arse.
He leaves us in a far better state than when he took over, now it's over to the board to put their plans into play. And none of this 'it will set us back 10 years' bollocks, we are about to go down with parachute payments and the basics of a great championship squad. Few additions here and there, create a new structure at the club with a DoF and a European scouting network - and with a good manager at the helm we'll be up there. Don't you worry about that.

But again, thanks for everything Chris. Brought our club back from the dead and we will never forget it. Legend.

View attachment 107863
Good post but don't put all your eggs in one basket with the good squad that's most likely about to be broken up

I appreciate the sentiment but I don't see how you can say that sentence with a straight face?

Are you saying the man responsible for recruitment, tactics, training etc etc bears no responsibility for the abject failures of the past 7 months?
7 months. With 0 fans. They've destroyed the position of having a manager who most love and is clearly a brilliant manager. They've destroyed the opportunity to get back up. The team will be destroyed. So ye I think they've destroyed everything he's built

The biggest issue for me is the whole club will undergo a restructure which will set things back a few years. The academy for example, the youth teams play a mirror of what the first team do 352, moulding and hopefully creating players to come through. We haven't had this for years, but we're starting to see 1 or 2 show promise. Also, the squad is so set up for the 352 it's going to take a major overhaul of the first team squad to play anything much different as well.
The same youth that haven’t had a sniff under Chris anyway, it’s not going to make much difference

Its a sad day, the timing is questionable but we are having our worst season (results wise) ever?

Imagine if CW wasn't a Blade, or if Nigel Adkins had done what CW has (as he did at Southampton) - do you think he would have lasted this long this year? Would there be outpourings of anger, grief, bed wetting regards this decision? I would suggest not.

The Wilder years were awesome, amongst some of the best we've had, but things move on. Who knows what the future brings? We may have some unprecedented success, we may not but jeez there is some overreaction.

Lets judge this decision in 15 months time (i.e. the end of next season), only then will we know whether it is the right one.

Thanks for memories, just like Bobby Davison day this week, some of these images and days will be replayed in 20 or 30 years time and rightly so.

Just been taking to a few mates who are Blades, must say the overall consensus is... this is bollocks.
A couple have said they ain't going no more, because of our chairman.

One man doesn't make the club, I know this much. However, the influence on fans, the 4 out of 5 brilliant seasons we had under Wilder built up club morale and attendances. I think this will create more toxicity now fan to fan and fan to club, than if he had stayed at least one more season in the Championship.

I just can't see the fans coming back as eagerly now after a year of no crowds. Shot em' selves in the foot.
I will not be emotionally investing in the club if we get another Robot Robson that is for sure.

The Prince has probably made more enemies after today.

Back
Top Bottom