Bit dissapointed to be honest

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ok so this 70 million injection of his. Was it to keep the club afloat or was it used to help buy players and increase the wage structure.

What was it something like £56 million on wages for utd in the Prem year.
You're doing a grand job of spending somebody else's money, especially when it appears he doesn't have any.

Question how he's spent it, but the amount invested in the club from whatever source is public record

Squad we've already got right this minute is better than the one we got relegated with last time. By the time we kick off it will have been added to. And in all likelihood we will have a new owner and the new investment that comes with that by the January window. Cannot for the life of me understand some of the doom merchants on here.

You're doing a grand job of spending somebody else's money, especially when it appears he doesn't have any.

Question how he's spent it, but the amount invested in the club from whatever source is public record
Don’t we all do that though when it comes to football?

Ok. The man’s a genius then. He got 50% of Utd for £1 then the other 50% for £5 million quid.
The whole club for £5 million.
( did he put that 10 million in early on I don’t know)
He pumps 70 million in buying shares knowing he will get that back.

What was the mbousi deal arranged at £110 million?

He would have walked away with 35 million pound in profit while the club owed £100million+ to creditors and other outgoings.

So in essence that 70 million he put in was not put into the club to help push Utd forwards. It was for him to secure a good return.
He was lucky we went back up.

Did sheff Utd make a profit? I believe so. Was it through cash injection or player sales?
If we'd not gone up he'd have lost a fortune. It was a big gamble that paid off.

Honestly I kind of said that as a little wind up as I know you are the in the know guy when it comes to finances of our beloved Blades.

I also will say I have no agenda just trying to work out why we are at a place where we are struggling for cash to make a go of things.

I still think the Prince made Utd better but understandable if he hasn’t got the money he can’t do what us Blades would love to see and that’s make a go at keeping us a constant Prem team.

And I did check the last accounts at companies house.
From what I got was we have a big debt mountain of around 102 million ( am I reading that wrong). Could this with wages at 55/60 million be why money for player purchases be about 20million

I’m not being a twat about this just trying to figure things out.
From the post above, I think you are genuinely trying to understand the situation, so hopefully this thread has helped.

It took me a while to realise we know the amount invested by the shares issued. It can be difficult to discern what we really know in the echo chamber of what some want to believe because it fits their narrative with all the 'wherz money?' nonsense and fallacy of promotion being worth 170m per season rather than over three seasons.

In terms of the debt mountain, we should know more when last year's accounts are published this week (still won't bring us bang up to date, but closer than where we are today).

Ffs people are moaning and the season has not started yet.

Ridiculous isn't it? Moaning because Utd allegedly (source - the oracle that is the Sheffield Star!) will not be spending hundreds of millions this summer.

I hate to say it but some do seem to have a similar level of entitlement as found in the Penistone Road area of the city.

The club have just gone up to the Prem - just enjoy it FFS.

Yes, the promotion euphoria didn’t last long did it? As much as you’d like to take all this negative shite with a big pinch salt, this is SUFC we’re talking about, they always impart bad news on an intravenous drip.

Yes, it lasted about 30 seconds after the win v WBA. A thread started on here about who isnt good enough. Seriously I do despair. We all knew we didnt have alot of money. Trust Hecky to get the players in - it might not be the ones we really want but that is the way it goes. Do we think Luton will be blowing s**t loads this window - no - they will be shrewd and spend wisely.

Back
Top Bottom