Bit dissapointed to be honest

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

170 million for being in the Prem and Utd are the only team who can’t use it.
Where does the money go.
I'd like to know too. Apparently Darren Smith has sorted this one out for us but I haven't seen what he's written about it. (If anybody has access to this it would be great if they shared it).
I have my own theory but I haven't studied the accounts nor do I have any info other than looking at the news that surrounded the club.

I'd like to know too. Apparently Darren Smith has sorted this one out for us but I haven't seen what he's written about it. (If anybody has access to this it would be great if they shared it).
I have my own theory but I haven't studied the accounts nor do I have any info other than looking at the news that surrounded the club.
What is your theory ?

From what i have read and what I conclude is the Prince should be selling the club for £1 and not asking for big money.

I just want the club to try and compete. The management and players have done a tremendous job in getting us there, but it feels like the club are not even going to have a go at it.

On a slightly different note, I can't understand why we haven't had more interest in buyers for the club. Assuming the Dozy bid has now stalled and the club is publicly up for sale, I would have thought a club like our would be an attractive proposition.
These aren’t McCabe times though. The Prince has limited means but done what he can to achieve success on the pitch. McCabe would have got shot of Berge at the first opportunity and Ndiaye would have gone in January regardless of league position. The fact we are even in the Prem has shown he is prepared to gamble to a certain extent rightly or wrongly.

Re not being able to find a buyer - I don’t think the club is priced to sell (hence why we’ve only had chancers and tyre kickers up until now). Kevin Maguire (football finance expert) said that at £130-140 the club is at a fair valuation but that could drop by nearly £100 million on relegation.

My personal opinion is that nobody credible is going to pay that at this stage. The Prince is probably hoping that a decent start to the season suddenly changes things if a buyer thinks we have a decent chance of staying up. The alternative is he drops his price to something that represents a bargain to a potential buyer.

Ultimately though we don’t know anything and we are just getting worked up at scraps of info from twitter accounts that don’t have any more insight than the average person in the street.

So if you have put 72m into a venture you would be happy to walk with a £1 . Jesus wept

I’d be very interested to learn more about this 72 million quid.

Can you explain what it’s gone on.

We eventually went up again to the Premiership but news coming out of the club is we havent go two pennies to rub together? If we cant be competative.....................well, really whats the point. Its almost seem as we seem happy to go straight back down. Thoughts please?
If we hadn't got promoted, we would be looking at relegation this season anyway... to League 1.

I’d actually be interested in Sean’s opinion in what I’m getting at.
even if he shoots me down that’s fine but companies house figures show that money is well tight and any serious money for players would need an investor.
He won't shoot you down.. just knows what he's on about unlike most of us lol

We eventually went up again to the Premiership but news coming out of the club is we havent go two pennies to rub together? If we cant be competative.....................well, really whats the point. Its almost seem as we seem happy to go straight back down. Thoughts please?
Are you Alan in disguise? It’s the Premier League and well worth the journey. UTB ⚔️⚔️

I’d actually be interested in Sean’s opinion in what I’m getting at.
even if he shoots me down that’s fine but companies house figures show that money is well tight and any serious money for players would need an investor.

I’ve posted details more than once. You’ve ignored it and still claim the £1 purchase.

“Even if”? 😄😄😄😄😀

What is your theory ?
First I reiterate I am not privy to anything except what appears in the media.

It was the rift that caused all these problems until then everything had been under control.
After the prince won the legal battle he had to buy United and all the associated bits (stadium training ground etc).
As we know he was worth somewhere around the 100-200m but had already funded United so his worth was probably closer to the 100m mark.
It appears to me the way he paid for United was by taking loans against assets/future income etc. (I'm not dissing him for this, short of blowing most of his own money it was the only way).
This on top of wage commitments and the general costs of running the club leave us where we are now. You lose huge sums of money taking out loans against future income but if it's the only way to get cash it has to be done.

I'm a McCabe supporter he made United a viable concern but that one move of trying to oust the prince he set fire to the castle he had built.
I'm also a supporter of the prince he came said United were only an investment to him but has put a lot of heart into seeing United do ok without having the funds to really back him up.

My thoughts....

1, Maybe typing whats happening in your head, and putting out on a live forum, well, might not be your strongest attribute.

2, Theres a long way to go yet.

3, Ever thought about supporting Wednesday?

4, Stop drinking 3 Hammers for breakfast.

We found Anel, Maca and Doyle last season with decent budget and it went really great for us.
I trust we have something spicy for this PL season as well even tho we can't spend 20M per new player (or even 10M)..

I’ve posted details more than once. You’ve ignored it and still claim the £1 purchase.

“Even if”? 😄😄😄😄😀
My thoughts....

1, Maybe typing whats happening in your head, and putting out on a live forum, well, might not be your strongest attribute.

2, Theres a long way to go yet.

3, Ever thought about supporting Wednesday?

4, Stop drinking 3 Hammers for breakfast.
What’s the point in that reply

“Even if”? 😄😄😄😄😀
To be honest I’ve not seen any posts from you on all financial information.
All I’ve done is say Prince never put 70 million in.
my part in this thread is saying we haven’t got any money for transfers unless an investor comes in.
Give me a top line figure of where Utd sit in regards to cash in bank and liabilities and I will accept if I am wrong in my interpretation that we don’t have any money at the moment

170 million for being in the Prem and Utd are the only team who can’t use it.
Where does the money go.
If we go straight down, we get something like £110 million plus two years of parachute payments, so that £170 million figure covers three seasons, so that's £60 million gone in a heartbeat.

From that, you have to minus:

Promotion bonuses
Increase in wage bill
Costs of running/improving Academy, ground, security, training ground etc.
We've already taken a loan against the last year of Parachute payments we won't get as we got promoted
Signing on/Agent fees fees for contracts extensions/new contracts (and we have a lot to do this year)
General improvements
Debts and interest

That's before you sign any new players.

We were losing somewhere between £15-30 million just running the club per season in the Championships.

Back
Top Bottom