Bit dissapointed to be honest

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If we go straight down, we get something like £110 million plus two years of parachute payments, so that £170 million figure covers three seasons, so that's £60 million gone in a heartbeat.

From that, you have to minus:

Promotion bonuses
Increase in wage bill
Costs of running/improving Academy, ground, security, training ground etc.
We've already taken a loan against the last year of Parachute payments we won't get as we got promoted
Signing on/Agent fees fees for contracts extensions/new contracts (and we have a lot to do this year)
General improvements
Debts and interest

That's before you sign any new players.

We were losing somewhere between £15-30 million just running the club per season in the Championships.
The wage bill the last time we got promoted was 77 m assuming its the same now ( i would wager its more ) add tge 16 m loan
That is 93 m which leaves around twenty million unless you start using the next lot of parachute money which is what got us in this situation and people seem to struggle to get their heads round

To be honest I’ve not seen any posts from you on all financial information.
All I’ve done is say Prince never put 70 million in.
my part in this thread is saying we haven’t got any money for transfers unless an investor comes in.
Give me a top line figure of where Utd sit in regards to cash in bank and liabilities and I will accept if I am wrong in my interpretation that we don’t have any money at the moment
According to companies house, PA has purchased shares issued by the club to the value of just over 70 million. Hence he has put at least 70 million in.

What’s the point in that reply

Just to point out the nonsense you post.

Eg

“Lol. I told you he hasn’t personally put in 70 million quid”

The evidence, as explained, is at Companies House. Should you be able to comprehend obviously.

Not much point to try to help someone whose agenda is based on Sweaty Pete’s pub meanderings about an Arab with a quid.

Last edited:
I think a lot of players' contract expires at the end of this month. so they will be quite a few players out of contract after being released.so I would imagine they can be approached by other clubs. This is when the proper transfer market start. not all players are too old and past it. they must be some decent players available. It would be great if we can buy Doyle or Mcatee. I know we would have to buy one and loan the other. that would be a great start to our recruitment if we could get these two. Both have been brilliant for us last season. if we can keep Berge and Ndiaye that would be great as well.sit back and get Sky Sports news on and of course, a greasy chip butty washed down with a gallon of Magnet. Above all be patient fellow Blades.

Why is it that our owners/chairmen over the last 40 years have made a big song and dance about getting to the top division, only to shit their pants once they get there…. Brealey, McCabe, Prince and the rest of them, no ambition when it matters.
I'm certain they all had ambition, they just all lacked the financial wherewithal to back that ambition up.

Last edited:
To be honest I’ve not seen any posts from you on all financial information.
All I’ve done is say Prince never put 70 million in.
my part in this thread is saying we haven’t got any money for transfers unless an investor comes in.
Give me a top line figure of where Utd sit in regards to cash in bank and liabilities and I will accept if I am wrong in my interpretation that we don’t have any money at the moment

The proof is at CH. As l’ve posted and explained. lf you think that’s incorrect perhaps you can explain how the issues and fully paid share capital have come from?

If you can’t, maybe telling other people they’re wrong is something you need to consider.

We’ll see where we are come the first home game re what if any business is done so I’ll judge at that time , you could say when the transfer windows closed but if a PL is working to that then we get what we deserve as it’s approaching desperation stakes then. June is still early and the season has only just finished for some clubs with the winter WC .The owner had previously said if there was gonna be a sale on the club he wanted it concluded within a month ( was never gonna happen ) whether he was just trying to force others hands who knows ? .
If the current owner is still at the helm come season start then and the figures been touted our right of £20M ? These are pityfull !
Yes we’ve got debts to service , no we’re not gonna spend Forest did last season , but if it’s free transfers & loans we’ll be canon fodder . Very slow & unambitious so far … hope this is trying to be financially tactful.. crossing my fingers over next month or so that things change . Being honest this is the least confident Ive been out of our 3 previous promotions back to the top flight in my time , it will be a very important season for us if we wish to have any hope of retaining Illy & Berge etc in the last season of their contracts not walking for free ( they may walk on a free regardless anyway ) and keeping the likes of AA etc.. but FFS we’ve gotta show some ambition , the owner had got some thinking to do about his sellable asset .. our last season in there was a fkg disaster & the club/ board had waved the white flag by Christmas .. totally unacceptable .. I’ll cross my fingers & lets see eh ?

I think a lot of players' contract expires at the end of this month. so they will be quite a few players out of contract after being released.so I would imagine they can be approached by other clubs. This is when the proper transfer market start. not all players are too old and past it. they must be some decent players available. It would be great if we can buy Doyle or Mcatee. I know we would have to buy one and loan the other. that would be a great start to our recruitment if we could get these two. Both have been brilliant for us last season. if we can keep Berge and Ndiaye that would be great as well.sit back and get Sky Sports news on and of course, a greasy chip butty washed down with a gallon of Magnet. Above all be patient fellow Blades.
John Smith's have stopped brewing magnet 🧲 sad but true

My understanding is this has happened over the period of his ownership (the club can issue new shares whenever PA wants/needs to invest more of his money).
Ok. The man’s a genius then. He got 50% of Utd for £1 then the other 50% for £5 million quid.
The whole club for £5 million.
( did he put that 10 million in early on I don’t know)
He pumps 70 million in buying shares knowing he will get that back.

What was the mbousi deal arranged at £110 million?

He would have walked away with 35 million pound in profit while the club owed £100million+ to creditors and other outgoings.

So in essence that 70 million he put in was not put into the club to help push Utd forwards. It was for him to secure a good return.
He was lucky we went back up.

Did sheff Utd make a profit? I believe so. Was it through cash injection or player sales?

It might not seem like there’s much going on but, honestly, do people think that Hecky and co have just been sitting round on their arses watching YouTube videos and playing patience? They’ve probably been in touch with dozens of agents about loads of players and also been contacted by even more agents trying to get their players on our agenda.

We’ve probably already made quite a few offers to players, and a few more to clubs about their players. There’s stuff going on in the background all the time. It’s just not our way to bring it out into the open until it’s all sorted and in case other clubs get wind of it.

Trust the process.

Last edited:
It might not seem like there’s much going on but, honestly, do people think that Hecky and co have just been sitting round on their arses watching YouTube videos and Playing patience? They’ve probably been in touch with dozens of agents about loads of players and also been contacted by even more agents trying to get their players on our agenda.

We’ve probably already made quite a few offers to players, and a few more to clubs about their players. There’s stuff going on in the background all the time. It’s just not our way to bring it out into the open until it’s all sorted and in case other clubs get wind of it.

Trust the process.
I like Hecky and yeah he will be fighting for reinforcements. Just feel for the fella as I’m sure he will be pushed to his limits when things don’t come off due to wage and transfer spend constraints.

Ok. The man’s a genius then. He got 50% of Utd for £1 then the other 50% for £5 million quid.

He would have walked away with 35 million pound in profit while the club owed £100million+ to creditors and other outgoings.

So in essence that 70 million he put in was not put into the club to help push Utd forwards. It was for him to secure a good return.

Did sheff Utd make a profit? I believe so. Was it through cash injection or player sales?
Before he bought the club from mccabe he was covering losses of 5 m a season in lg 1 and ten million in the championship
As was mccabe

We really need to keep this one. A reyr Bobby Dazzler.

Before he bought the club from mccabe he was covering losses of 5 m a season in lg 1 and ten million in the championship
As was mccabe
Do you think the Prince would have still been here had Wilder not taken us up?

We really need to keep this one. A reyr Bobby Dazzler.
Ok so this 70 million injection of his. Was it to keep the club afloat or was it used to help buy players and increase the wage structure.

What was it something like £56 million on wages for utd in the Prem year.

in recent years dont think weve ever bought any player in june

looking over recent years we do very little before the last weeks of july

so no need to stress its how we roll

He actually paid £1 for a Blades Leisure Ltd share.He’s then put the rest into BLL who put that money into SUFC to purchase the share allotments. The £5m was for McCabes shares.

“I don’t know” Yes, we can see you don’t.

There are assets, ground, squad etc it’s a debit t credit thing but for your sake let’s not get too technical.

Lol. It was to pay the bills ffs which it wasn’t able to do hence the embargo.

We made a profit ? You have a heads up on the 2022 accounts? Prior to that, see CH.

Cash injections by owners aren’t P&L items. Player sales profits or losses are an accounting exercise, not simply, we bought him for this and sold him for that.

As for the value, l read earlier that the shares are trading at £6.50. It’s utter bollocks of course as the shares aren’t traded anywhere and as ever, the top Google hit along with no understanding often leads to false claims, but if you believe it, and you easily could, it values the club at £468m. I bet you’d be apoplectic at the thought of him trousering that?

Last edited:
Ok so this 70 million injection of his. Was it to keep the club afloat or was it used to help buy players and increase the wage structure.

What was it something like £56 million on wages for utd in the Prem year.

It’s been input at various times since joined. To cover shortfalls. Again, see CH.

Why? What’s your point with that question?

Just to point out the nonsense you post.

Eg

“Lol. I told you he hasn’t personally put in 70 million quid”

The evidence, as explained, is at Companies House. Should you be able to comprehend obviously.

Not much point to try to help someone whose agenda is based on Sweaty Pete’s pub meanderings about an Arab with a quid.
Honestly I kind of said that as a little wind up as I know you are the in the know guy when it comes to finances of our beloved Blades.

I also will say I have no agenda just trying to work out why we are at a place where we are struggling for cash to make a go of things.

I still think the Prince made Utd better but understandable if he hasn’t got the money he can’t do what us Blades would love to see and that’s make a go at keeping us a constant Prem team.

And I did check the last accounts at companies house.
From what I got was we have a big debt mountain of around 102 million ( am I reading that wrong). Could this with wages at 55/60 million be why money for player purchases be about 20million

I’m not being a twat about this just trying to figure things out.

Pretty sure when he bought the club off Kev he had to buy the assets separately.

Honestly I kind of said that as a little wind up as I know you are the in the know guy when it comes to finances of our beloved Blades.

I also will say I have no agenda just trying to work out why we are at a place where we are struggling for cash to make a go of things.

I still think the Prince made Utd better but understandable if he hasn’t got the money he can’t do what us Blades would love to see and that’s make a go at keeping us a constant Prem team.

And I did check the last accounts at companies house.
From what I got was we have a big debt mountain of around 102 million ( am I reading that wrong). Could this with wages at 55/60 million be why money for player purchases be about 20million

I’m not being a twat about this just trying to figure things out.

Currently, for the next few days anyway, we can only look at historical accounts from 2021 and before. To understand how we get to where you have to reconcile the financial results with actual cash movements in and out and debt brought forward each year. Three weeks at night school won’t cover that so l understand why people can be so far out with their claims. It’s sometimes difficult to identify deliberate wumming - for instance the mythical £170m a year in the PL misrepresentation that keeps raising its head.

For those who do have that ability it’s simple to understand how we can be where we are financially. But when the 2022 accounts are out - due this week - remember we are almost at another year end so not much actual info save what’s at CH.

Remember you said he hadn’t put £70m in. Do you now accept he has?

Back
Top Bottom