Bit dissapointed to be honest

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We eventually went up again to the Premiership but news coming out of the club is we havent go two pennies to rub together? If we cant be competative.....................well, really whats the point. Its almost seem as we seem happy to go straight back down. Thoughts please?
Don't go near Railway Lines or Motorway Bridges - the delays are very annoying.
Other than that, have a good day 🙂

We eventually went up again to the Premiership but news coming out of the club is we havent go two pennies to rub together? If we cant be competative.....................well, really whats the point. Its almost seem as we seem happy to go straight back down. Thoughts please?
I think we need to enjoy the promotion, the fact there’s still a gap, and that we will have worldwide coverage from a full BDTBL.

We also have a manager that can get the most out of the team at his disposal, and whoever comes and goes we have a team peppered with international players

Unfortunately our owner has reached his limit with us, but unlike down the road he isn’t fucking us over, and is trying to secure our future, rather than selling the stadium (to himself) leaving us a shell of a club

We will more than likely be near the bottom, alongside Luton who have a dilapidated 12,000 ground, Everton who are fucked, as are wolves, Forest will have a FFP problem.
Bournemouth have rolled the dice but will be down there

What if we hadn’t gone up?
What if we’d sold Berge and Illy in jan?

Stop finding a problem for every solution

What are you expecting ?
Quality

Not just signings to worry about, our two best players are off for a cut price now or there off for nothing soon because we can't possibly afford to pay them proper wages.

I think the club should be known as YTS or YOP Scheme from now on.

That was also a way of penny pinching companies getting cheap labour until it was time to pay grown up wages

Let’s not compare ourselves to Burnley as it’s not a fair comparison …. Burnley have spent many years in the prem and spent little whilst the there and have gone back up first time of asking … we had two seasons a couple of seasons back

Let’s not compare ourselves to Burnley as it’s not a fair comparison …. Burnley have spent many years in the prem and spent little whilst the there and have gone back up first time of asking … we had two seasons a couple of seasons back

If they make all those signings in my post, that's about £80m (not including fees & add ons admittedly), add to that a couple of PL loanees and a couple of foreign loanees, they're a competitive team. That's the cost of being competitive in the PL.

Personally, I don't think that level of expenditure is unreasonable for United. If we honestly think that we're going to plug the massive holes in our squad with £20m, free transfers & loanees, then we're going down with a fucking bang. We'll be the laughing stock of the PL.

Burnley, realising as a promoted club that they've got to hit the ground running & that they currently lack the required quality to be competitive, have already spent £22m on Jordan Beyer & Dara O'Shea, have a bid of £3m accepted on Jacob Bruun Larsen of Hoffeinheim, have submitted a bid of £15m for Zian Flemming of Millwall and have had a £10m bid for James Trafford of Man City rejected, but are still talking. They are also talking to Habib Diallo's agent and Mike Tresor Ndayishimiye's agent. But then again, they're taking this season seriously.
Im not sure where you ate getting youre information from but some of the figures quoted are vastly exagerated

They have bid 8 m euros for fleming
Dara o shea is shit and they can talk to as many agents as they want they are fishing in the same toilet bowl as us
Their expenditure will be on the same scale

All for going out, but let’s at least have a few drinks and a meal and not just walk the streets watching others drink eat and be merry.
Let’s see what happens. Don’t you find this arms race for who can be the most negative a bit tiresome though?

We’ve gone from “we are definitely going to blow promotion” to “we are definitely going to beat Derby’s record” stated as though it were fact.

People on here have managed to use the pre season void to talk themselves into total surrender next season and selling our best players so we can build for the season after next (but woe betide the club if they actually did that).

Burnley, realising as a promoted club that they've got to hit the ground running & that they currently lack the required quality to be competitive, have already spent £22m on Jordan Beyer & Dara O'Shea, have a bid of £3m accepted on Jacob Bruun Larsen of Hoffeinheim, have submitted a bid of £15m for Zian Flemming of Millwall and have had a £10m bid for James Trafford of Man City rejected, but are still talking. They are also talking to Habib Diallo's agent and Mike Tresor Ndayishimiye's agent. But then again, they're taking this season seriously.
...but started pre season too early and ran out of energy in February ?

Johnson Clarke Harris not being able to clear the ball has really enabled the pigs on here. The OP and poster being a prime example. Can't wait for Chansiri to appoint Ince and get them relegated again with more of his point deduction hilarity, the dirty tramps.

If they make all those signings in my post, that's about £80m (not including fees & add ons admittedly), add to that a couple of PL loanees and a couple of foreign loanees, they're a competitive team. That's the cost of being competitive in the PL.

Personally, I don't think that level of expenditure is unreasonable for United. If we honestly think that we're going to plug the massive holes in our squad with £20m, free transfers & loanees, then we're going down with a fucking bang. We'll be the laughing stock of the PL.
The problem is 80 million is a lot of money. PA doesn't have that much lying around to put in. There's no use blaming him for not being a billionaire - you might as well blame yourself for not being one. I'm sure PA would love an offer from someone with mega bucks to burn more than anyone else here (even fallowfield!), but until that happens I'm happy for us to live within our means (or at least not too far beyond).

We are in a better place now than we were in the dark days of div 3 (div 4 was before my time) or even the recent League one malaise. I suggest we all enjoy the PL - These are the good times!

Let’s see what happens. Don’t you find this arms race for who can be the most negative a bit tiresome though?

We’ve gone from “we are definitely going to blow promotion” to “we are definitely going to beat Derby’s record” stated as though it were fact.

People on here have managed to use the pre season void to talk themselves into total surrender next season and selling our best players so we can build for the season after next (but woe betide the club if they actually did that).
I just want the club to try and compete. The management and players have done a tremendous job in getting us there, but it feels like the club are not even going to have a go at it.

On a slightly different note, I can't understand why we haven't had more interest in buyers for the club. Assuming the Dozy bid has now stalled and the club is publicly up for sale, I would have thought a club like our would be an attractive proposition.

This is Sheffield United we're not allowed to have anything nice.
Cup run? We've done the draw and ha! Meet Manchester City the best football team in the world, so rich and powerful the laws don't apply to them.
Promotion? Good luck looking for enough points to avoid embarrassment.
Only £22m to spend? It's a trick we really have £40m and we're going to buy the players who will have us pushing for Europe!
Come now Sheff United you've been plucky, you've been brave now it's time to leave.

As an aside I wonder what it feels like to be a Luton fan?
Regards your aside I'd suggest meh!
Lost 1959 FACF to Forest 1959 FACF luton Town 1 V Notts Forest 2 Photo- Ron Baynham, gkp. and Sid Owen R, conbine to cl...jpg with Welsh Syd Owen as captain.Syd Owen.jpg Who's friend wasSyd Owen & friend.jpg.

Luton Town had, Eric Morecambe as a director and unpaid PR man, the never to be forgotten Harry Haslam as manager, take your pick who was the comic and who the football expert.
They had a plastic pitch for a while till it was outlawed.
Play in god awful orange, after 53 years of smart white and black kits.
Never won the FAC or top league of English football. Though they did win the Football League Cup in1988, beating 'Hhharsenal' 3--2.
Minest Blades ampt got much to shart abart over the last ninety eight years. Have we?

Was pretty obvious we needed to go up just so we wasn't financially f***ed for many more years to come. I'll take a relegation on the chin well before we go to the deep depths of where the pigs have just been.
Are

I just want the club to try and compete. The management and players have done a tremendous job in getting us there, but it feels like the club are not even going to have a go at it.

On a slightly different note, I can't understand why we haven't had more interest in buyers for the club. Assuming the Dozy bid has now stalled and the club is publicly up for sale, I would have thought a club like our would be an attractive proposition.
Because we’ve got a shit city centre.

170 million for being in the Prem and Utd are the only team who can’t use it.
Where does the money go.

Back
Top Bottom