CONFIRMED Bénie Traoré

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

that jebbison is the next brian deane ?
must have missed that
Very surprised by that, a few comments I've seen have made the comparison with BD.
Do you rate Jebbison highly then? The Traore stick has been unfair when you look at what the other young strikers have done so far.

Back to Traore. Quick, hard working, naiive as owt and not up to the pace or strength of the league yet, giving daft free kicks away etc.

Nowt to show he's ready yet but also nowt to nowt to show he's a waste of money. Someone like him with pace, you'd half expect him to have nothing else...but we've seen a few cracking first touches and flashes where he's clearly got something. A few months, a bit of time in the gym and a few goals to get some confidence, I think we've got a player.

Very surprised by that, a few comments I've seen have made the comparison with BD.
Do you rate Jebbison highly then? The Traore stick has been unfair when you look at what the other young strikers have done so far.
its not that i do or dont rate jebbison either way its that people keep throwing around these hyperbolic gauntlets get thrown down on here

if someone says something you dont agree with then quote them and debate it rather than shout at tye sky

its not that i do or dont rate jebbison either way its that people keep throwing around these hyperbolic gauntlets get thrown down on here

if someone says something you dont agree with then quote them and debate it rather than shout at tye sky
Ok then 👍 I was mainly on about Traore getting unfair stick compared to Jebbison.

Good performance. Jebbison has a look of Brian Deane about him. 6 foot 5 but with a lovely touch. Brooks all action midfielder who goes past defenders. Impressed with the levels of fitness again in the final quarter. SUFC scoring goals and winning games forgot what it feels like.

I watched the game at Charlton and after watching 5 minutes of him and Hackford I was thinking of Deane and Agana. Let's hope with all this pay-off wrangling that Jebbo's deal has not been overlooked.

Jebbison moves and runs like Deane.

Wondered who he reminded me of
Fk me if he follows in Deanes footsteps he’s going to have a top career

😁

He’s Deanos love child, you heard it here first!

Jebbison and Osula ... the future 'Agana and Deane'?

He blows hot and cold, but when that second goal went in the thoughts of a young Brian Deane returned.

Of course once them 3 are back we have more options.
But what kind of options?
Osula, virtually unknown quality. Brewster, known quality of, what is it, five goals in three seasons. Jebbison, has the makings of something, hopefully ,maybe, another Brian Deane, maybe.
Optimism is a good thing. And I hope you are right. We do need a goal scorer. Of the three imho Jebbison could be the answer. Only time will tell.

if the worst happens and we end up back in the championship i can see jebbison and osula becoming the next deane and agana
Is he still the next Deane? If so will Traore get a chance to come good like were still waiting on Jebbo?

He's definitely one for the future and not a Premier league starter. He looks much better in the U21 games as that is what he was bought for. The Swedish league is a million miles from the Premier league, it's not his fault he was dropped in it.

He's definitely one for the future and not a Premier league starter. He looks much better in the U21 games as that is what he was bought for. The Swedish league is a million miles from the Premier league, it's not his fault he was dropped in it.
Again, he's nowhere near as good as Osula or Jebbison, who are just as young and came through our own academy. So why spaff £5m of a tiny budget on someone who is no better than our academy strikers?

I think if finances were allowing. He is the sort of player you sign and loan straight back out to the Championship or abroad.

Again, he's nowhere near as good as Osula or Jebbison, who are just as young and came through our own academy. So why spaff £5m of a tiny budget on someone who is no better than our academy strikers?
Whoever was the brains behind wasting 5mill on Benie and 10mill on Souza should not only resign but have to apologise to all the fans. That could’ve been used for Doyle or a player of his quality.

It's pretty obvious that the likes of Slimane, Souza and Traore were signed with next season in mind. If they play well in the Championship next season then we might sell them the summer after for a decent profit. Hamer, Trusty and Davies were the only signings expected to make an impact at this level. If Slimane, Souza and Traore did hit the ground running this season then that would be a bonus. I have low expectations of any of them this season. That said, I do think Souza would do better alongside Hamer in a midfield two.

I genuinely think we'll see totally different performances from Souza and Traore next season, but that will rely on the out of contract players leaving and a new manager who can actually get the best out of them.

If he was homegrown, people would be wanting to see him more involved. He looks as good for the U21s as Osula or Jebbo do. But because we paid money for him, people understandably expect more. The reality is that all three of them have potential to be really good players for us in the future but, right now, all three of them should probably be out on loan getting minutes at an appropriate level (like Arblaster is). Instead Traore and Osula were starting our opening games in the PL and Jebbison seemingly has leprosy or something.

It's pretty obvious that the likes of Slimane, Souza and Traore were signed with next season in mind. If they play well in the Championship next season then we might sell them the summer after for a decent profit. Hamer, Trusty and Davies were the only signings expected to make an impact at this level. If Slimane, Souza and Traore did hit the ground running this season then that would be a bonus. I have low expectations of any of them this season. That said, I do think Souza would do better alongside Hamer in a midfield two.

I genuinely think we'll see totally different performances from Souza and Traore next season, but that will rely on the out of contract players leaving and a new manager who can actually get the best out of them.
Souza will be loaned out to some crap side in Belgium, with us paying most of his wages.
He’s garbage.
Look at his record, never stays long in a club before the penny drops, and he gets loaned out to a side which then generally gets relegated.
If you want him in the Championship, prepare for league 1.

I think out of the signings te only two who would be fine in the Champ are Trusty and Hamer - the former played for a lower ranked team and the latter a playoff side but both be ok in a side around the top 6 if there were good players around them.

The rest just are not up to it and all this development player stuff I dont buy. I have seen nothing in Souza, Traore, Slimane to suggest they are up to even Champ level. Expect all 3 to be binned off in the summer if we can find a taker but we wont make any money and as you say loans back to Sweden and Belgium will be best we can do to just save some wages.

Traore was bought on the basis of a scoring run that went on for about 2 months in the Allesvenskan. This is akin to us signing Jordan Rhodes because he’s doing well for Blackpool.

I do not understand the thought process at all. He has no attributes that suggest he will be any good in the Championship, yet alone the PL.

Traore was bought on the basis of a scoring run that went on for about 2 months in the Allesvenskan. This is akin to us signing Jordan Rhodes because he’s doing well for Blackpool.

I do not understand the thought process at all. He has no attributes that suggest he will be any good in the Championship, yet alone the PL.

If strikers who are quick and can finish won't be any good in the championship, it's time to sign ones that are slow and can't finish

And the assist for someone to say "well better offer McBurnie a contract extension" is tapped in by...

If strikers who are quick and can finish won't be any good in the championship, it's time to sign ones that are slow and can't finish

And the assist for someone to say "well better offer McBurnie a contract extension" is tapped in by...
I don’t think Traore is that fast. Plus there is no evidence he can finish. He missed a one on one at Forest and tapped a penalty back to the Lincoln keeper. He looks hopeless.

I don’t think Traore is that fast. Plus there is no evidence he can finish. He missed a one on one at Forest and tapped a penalty back to the Lincoln keeper. He looks hopeless.

I mean if you want to use a sample size of one incident from open play for us (everyone hits a shit penalty now and again), as opposed to his larger body of work, when he's stepped up in terms of quality of opponent, I'm fine with that opinion. When I was in Sweden last year, I don't recall the air having magical properties that made me move faster, or when I watched AIK I don't recall the goal being a different shape or that you had to throw it in or score via some other weird rule. He's been asked to make a big jump at a relatively young age - I don't expect it to work immediately at this level, and I don't see anything reasonable that allows someone to categorically say it will not work nine months from now at a lower level

I mean if you want to use a sample size of one incident from open play for us (everyone hits a shit penalty now and again), as opposed to his larger body of work, when he's stepped up in terms of quality of opponent, I'm fine with that opinion. When I was in Sweden last year, I don't recall the air having magical properties that made me move faster, or when I watched AIK I don't recall the goal being a different shape or that you had to throw it in or score via some other weird rule. He's been asked to make a big jump at a relatively young age - I don't expect it to work immediately at this level, and I don't see anything reasonable that allows someone to categorically say it will not work nine months from now at a lower level
I’ve seen Allesvenskan football. It’s not a good standard.

He’s very small and not particularly quick. I don’t see him as a regular scorer. He’s going to get knocked off the ball constantly.

I’ve seen Allesvenskan football. It’s not a good standard.

He’s very small and not particularly quick. I don’t see him as a regular scorer. He’s going to get knocked off the ball constantly.

Fair enough, I don't see what you currently see as negatives as being that big of a deal, but can certainly understand the reasoning, so I'll just agree to disagree with your assessment

Back
Top Bottom