CONFIRMED Bénie Traoré

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He may be brilliant but right now I'm thinking more domestic based on comment by McCall on the domestic market being their likely destination for player recruitment as you have less/no knowledge of player character from abroad. Anel was known by Lester so that wasn't the case for Anel. Hopefully we will bring in one or two from abroad if they're decent as the market is so much more value from abroad.

Alan Nixon reporting that we’re in for him at £5m.

Benie Traore (20)
Club: Hacken
Position: Forward
Notes: 9 games, 7 goals and 3 assists

Reminds me of Rahim Sterling. Something about his stature and body shape while running at players at pace. Hope he's more that and less Kadra.

Alan Nixon reporting that we’re in for him at £5m.
Hopefully he’s right it’s not a player who you’d obviously assume we’d look at so fingers crossed it’s the case he actually has heard something rather than just linking us to a player who’s moving elsewhere to generate clicks and interest.

Seems interesting for sure… are we blocking Jebbo and Osula’s pathway by signing another young unproved, pacey forward though?

If he builds the sort of strength you'd expect him to, to go with that speed, agility and footwork, he could be a very good player and a steal at 5m

Looks more of a McAtee replacement to me.
Ideal then - gerrim signed.

It would be good to get a CAM on a permanent as it’s possibly the position we would be most lacking in if relegated (Illy and Berge would be gone, as would MacAtee if loaned again).

He's quick, he's a few tricks and looks quite direct. Some of the finishing on display on that clip leaves a bit to be desired and not just his finishing!?

But hard to judge just from that.

Wonder if we would play him as a striker or more where macattee played given his attributes

Question is could jebbo manage 7 goals in sweden?

Imo answer is a big yes - feel like he might be a sideward step on what we already have

Imo answer is a big yes - feel like he might be a sideward step on what we already have

7 goals in 9 games... Jebbo does occasionally have a lack of composure in front of goal.

I'd definitely take Traore all day long for that price tag and play him a little deeper than where Jebbo plays anyway.

As others have said although he's a forward, he likes to run direct at the opposition more like Mcatee.

No harm in buying more lottery tickets it increases your chances of winning.

Yes developing Jebbo and Osula should be a priority but at the moment we’re going into the season with only one senior striker with a recent record of staying fit for a whole season and his deal is expiring.

I reckon whoever at United has scouted or recommended this fella has also seen more of him than just the above highlight reel.

And if Hecky (the same bloke that sent Osula on a league 1 loan) wants to bid on him for a spot in the Prem League squad, I reckon he thinks Benie is more developed and ready to go.

Good player indeed, seen all his games this season. Will probably end up in Ligue 1, but would definetely be a good addition for us.

What do you reckon forte , what's his skillset like and where would you see him fitting into our side?

Back
Top Bottom