Archer’s goal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

After yesterday I don't want to put out negative but (there's always a but) - their goal was far too similar to Man Utd's winner when Wes was questioned for not reaching it.

Possible weakness?

Definitive deflection. No blame at all for Wes.

Archer’s goal reminded me of one that Brian Deane got at the Bramall Lane end, but I can’t remember who it was against. 1992/93 I think.

It’ll be interesting what formation and tactics we use next week. Not likely to see much of the ball and as Everton showed the way to beat Brighton’s high block is a long ball behind and quick break with players flooding the box, doesn’t sound very us

Reactions: Dkc
Our players should be more confident to shoot early in these situations, but we don't seem to have many players who can or will.

Brewster is another who has shown that he has a shot from distance in him, but hasn't really made them count yet. Hamer too seems to be able to pick his spot.

If you miss, you'll get criticised for going too early, but in this league there is every chance in this situation that the defenders will charge you down before you get another chance. Just trust your technique and hit the fucking thing.

It's rare that Goal of the Month is done and dusted by the 5th, but on this occasion, Cameron's got the award nailed already.

Surely that stunning GOAL Archer scored yesterday v Wolves will be one of the contenders for goal of month for November on MotD outstanding goal

Absolutely class strike from Archer. He knew he had to hit it before he was tackled and boy he picked the right time and spot. Just shows, you give this boy the ball in front of him in and around the area, he will be deadly.

It's rare that Goal of the Month is done and dusted by the 5th, but on this occasion, Cameron's got the award nailed already.
If you're talking about Premier League goal.of the month, I think Kudus goal for West Ham yesterday is already nailed on.

Norwoods pen was actually poor and lucky 🤣 - leaning back, no placement and fortunate. But, if it hits the net who gives a fuck.

Archers goal was sublime.
No such thing as a poor penalty if it goes in. Which may I add was its self an absolute fantastic penalty no one is saving that even with 2 keepers. Exactly how they should be taken. Totally opposite to the Lincoln cup shoot out.

One of those goals that gets you out of your seat....but the pass that Mcatee provided that made it possible took their defence out of the picture, from that moment they were chasing shadows and Archer did the rest. Quality and then some.

One of those goals that gets you out of your seat....but the pass that Mcatee provided that made it possible took their defence out of the picture, from that moment they were chasing shadows and Archer did the rest. Quality and then some.
I think pass may be overstating it a bit, a deflection won by good closing down is closer in my opinion

After yesterday I don't want to put out negative but (there's always a but) - their goal was far too similar to Man Utd's winner when Wes was questioned for not reaching it.

Possible weakness?
I thought that at the time, but if you watch it back, he dives to save a shot at four foot high then it deflects off someone and goes up two foot and all he can do is stick up his hand to try and get it.

He should have done better with the Man Utd one, but don’t think he was at fault yesterday

Only other recent player who would have scored from same position was Illy. Mind you he would have run further with the ball, before tucking away.

The best strikers shoot a split second early, as archer did, the keeper was slightly out of position and wrong footed.

I was disappointed with his work rate and all round play but we must play him. The only option other than mcatee with that infamous “X” factor.

Compare to Brewster, who I’m afraid has none of the elusive attributes needed at this level. No lack of effort but ability.

Anyway let’s for once forget negativity and applaud archer.

Possible weakness?

It was a deflection off Baldock!

I dont think saves are one of Wes' possible weaknesses.

Screenshot 2023-11-04 202059.jpg

Archer just needs a target man near him, to lay it off. Scores shed loads that way.
An akpom type would be more useful to us
A dare i say it ndiaye type player who transitions play from defence to attack with clever movement ,vision and pressing high up the pitch

Mcburnie links up well with him but can be shut out of a game too easily if he is high up the pitch waiting for support

Stunning strike i thought he had just taken the ball a second too long i expected the challenge then boom pick that out wonderful wonderful strike. I know we got the lucky bounce if Mcatee i love how Macca has the confidence to run with the ball regardless of opposition joy to watch
. UTB

Hey, I just noticed that when he celebrated he pretended to fire an arrow from an imaginary bow.

Do you think that is because he was pretending to be an archer?

Which just happens to be his name!

HH ;)

To all those with a bee in their bonnet with Brewster it was clear from the first 5 minutes he was carrying a knock .

Possible weakness?
Clear deflection off one of our players took it away from him.

Archer’s goal reminded me of one that Brian Deane got at the Bramall Lane end, but I can’t remember who it was against. 1992/93 I think.

Hmm. Not that similar after all. It was similar in that they both hit it earlier (and further out) than expected. 1h31m in this one…

Our players should be more confident to shoot early in these situations, but we don't seem to have many players who can or will.

Brewster is another who has shown that he has a shot from distance in him, but hasn't really made them count yet. Hamer too seems to be able to pick his spot.

If you miss, you'll get criticised for going too early, but in this league there is every chance in this situation that the defenders will charge you down before you get another chance. Just trust your technique and hit the fucking thing.
Hamer should totally be doing this looking at his goals from last year, he definitely should be shooting in site.

Alot of top premier league strikers over the decades can be quiet/invisible for 85 minutes but give them half a chance in or around the box and there's always an opportunity of the ball flying into the back of the net.

Archer very much reminds me of one of these types of players

Alot of top premier league strikers over the decades can be quiet/invisible for 85 minutes but give them half a chance in or around the box and there's always an opportunity of the ball flying into the back of the net.

Archer very much reminds me of one of these types of players
Aye
Reminiscent of another natural goalscorer
“Edwards you idle bastard …… all tha does is scoor”

Neither did the great Keith Edwards but he knows where the goal is.

Edwards immediately sprang to mind with me also.

If only Archer had Colin Morris on the wing to put it on a plate for him?

Back
Top Bottom