Archer’s goal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Isaw Joeshaw

Old School Blade
Reaction score
There have been any number of expressions of admiration on here for Norwood’s penalty strike , and rightly so .

Surprisingly though , there has been very little mention of the one delivered by Cameron Archer which is a shame since for me it was of the very highest quality , the likes of which we have rarely seen at the Lane since the days of the great Alan Woodward.

And it was not just the strike itself which made it a special goal . The lightning quick reaction to the ricochet off McAtee’s shin together with the pace and determination he showed to shrug off the attentions of the defender before getting his shot away were all first class .

I know it’s early days , but this goal coupled with his two wonderful strikes in the Everton match are enough to convince me that given the right opportunities , he has the potential to continue to score a good number of crucial goals for us in the remainder of the season.

If he could stop fucking about with the ball and giving it away at daft times he’d be a very good option for us.

I can forgive him for that because he shouldn’t be being asked to hold the ball up, he should be playing as a foil to someone who can. He showed against us last season and has shown in a couple of games that he’s good getting in behind poor defences. We need to play to his strengths.

There have been any number of expressions of admiration on here for Norwood’s penalty strike , and rightly so .

Surprisingly though , there has been very little mention of the one delivered by Cameron Archer which is a shame since for me it was of the very highest quality , the likes of which we have rarely seen at the Lane since the days of the great Alan Woodward.

And it was not just the strike itself which made it a special goal . The lightning quick reaction to the ricochet off McAtee’s shin together with the pace and determination he showed to shrug off the attentions of the defender before getting his shot away were all first class .

I know it’s early days , but this goal coupled with his two wonderful strikes in the Everton match are enough to convince me that given the right opportunities , he has the potential to continue to score a good number of crucial goals for us in the remainder of the season.
Spot on, it was a tremendous finish. Very clever, cut across one of chasing defenders the put his shot back across the keeper. The lad is a natural finisher.

Most players wouldn't have struck it early like that. They'd have held it up and waited for support. Credit to Archer for having the confidence and skill to take it on. Definitely a goal of the month contender.

We've scored some fantastic goals this season.

That's what he all about. He got a chance and scored. He's not had chances for weeks.

Some of our fans need to be more understanding and patient.

All three goals were beauties when you look back at it, but Archer's was the stand out for me. The direction he ran in and way he opened up prior to shooting suggested that he was going to bend it into the top corner facing the Kop and South Stand. The instant change of direction running at speed with that power in the shot caught the keeper off guard. It was a great finish and credit to the keeper for reacting so quickly and getting a hand to it. This moment reminded me of Jags' goal against 'Boro only that was the winning goal.

Reactions: Dkc
It was our first shot on target for over 200 minutes. Some shot to break that duck

It was a great finish. He needed that.

After yesterday I don't want to put out negative but (there's always a but) - their goal was far too similar to Man Utd's winner when Wes was questioned for not reaching it.

Possible weakness?

You could see it gave him a big lift for the rest of the game too. That goal will have done wonders for the lads confidence.
Great strike.
Great finisher.
Work on improving his ball retention, and he will be a beast for us.
What a difference it makes when we try and play in the top half of the pitch though! Chances start to come and he can definitely finish.
We never got out of our own half v Arsenal. All round better team performance yesterday.

Norwoods pen was actually poor and lucky 🤣 - leaning back, no placement and fortunate. But, if it hits the net who gives a fuck.

Archers goal was sublime.

He looked like a prime Billy Sharp bursting through and hammering it home.
Can’t recall Billy ever doing that. Archer is a huge talent and has a great shot on him. If we can get him a proper dance partner (McBurnie or A.N.Other’) this lad could get 10 goals for us this season.

Definitely need to get him into positions to do this more often/encourage him to shoot more.

If we don’t shoot, we don’t win.

Can’t recall Billy ever doing that. Archer is a huge talent and has a great shot on him. If we can get him a proper dance partner (McBurnie or A.N.Other’) this lad could get 10 goals for us this season.

Might have my teams mixed up, but I am sure he scored a thunderbastard like that against Coventry away one year.

Back
Top Bottom