Annie’s Song

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Should Garyoke Stop Playing Annie’s Song

• Yes

Votes: 89 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 162 61.6%
  • Undecided/Other

Votes: 12 4.6%

• Total voters

Hi ho pigsday, forever blowing bubbles, that shit funfair organ music they play at Chelsea

As opening songs go a classic like Annie’s song is untouchable

Also as a side note, my missus was brought up feeding from the trough, converted now of course
our 1st daughter was weaned onto this song in the womb and is called Annie, needless to say every year at the birthday party it’s played and I look smugly over as they have to show their 3 teeth through a grimaced smile at her, as I sing along with our lyrics just audible enough that they hear, they fuckin know.

Keep it at the start of the game as it sounds shit when we don't have the prompt because by the time everyone starts singing, the song has almost finished. We don't really need to do it in the second half though.

TBF we are a bit shit at singing it away sometimes. Sometimes it’s in the last few words before everyone has joined in as it spreads slowly and a bit messily. The benefit of what ZX Spectrum does is it gets everyone singing it from the start, together. Kids love it too

There’s a lovely older lady in front of us who holds her scarf aloft when singing the GCB, and then shakes the hands of everyone she is with when it’s done. We’ve incorporated her routine into our own match day ritual. Keep for me

I'd rather open with "Fuck 'em all, fuck 'em all, the long and the short and the tall", but sadly that would never happen thanks to various pearl-clutchers and proponents of the "We're a family-club" brand of fucking tosspottery.

Maybe move away from football songs altogether and play 'Frankie Teardrop' by Suicide or 'Hamburger Lady' by Throbbing Gristle, or perhaps the live version of 'A Screw' from Swans' 1986 album Public Castration Is A Good Idea.

Summat to unsettle the opposition and make us look cool as fuck in the process.

I'd rather open with "Fuck 'em all, fuck 'em all, the long and the short and the tall", but sadly that would never happen thanks to various pearl-clutchers and proponents of the "We're a family-club" brand of fucking tosspottery.

Maybe move away from football songs altogether and play 'Frankie Teardrop' by Suicide or 'Hamburger Lady' by Throbbing Gristle, or perhaps the live version of 'A Screw' from Swans' 1986 album Public Castration Is A Good Idea.

Summat to unsettle the opposition and make us look cool as fuck in the process.

The soundtrack played on the Ward?

Do Liverpool play Gerry Marsden singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone' before their games?

If the answer is 'Yes' - are Liverpool fans having a poll about it all been 'forced and manufactured'?

It could be worse,we could be pigs getting proded to sing that Hi Ho shit thingy song.

I love hearing Annie's Song anywhere anytime.

Simple song to play (at least the way I play it), and it used to be great fun if I was ever at a pig fans house for any reason, and saw a guitar and would grab it and play the opening chords and say, "I love guitars", and put it back down. Or at a pub open mic night, get the guitar, play the intro while humming along, see how many people smiled and how many gave you a hard stare.

When did this start?

Personally I’d scrap both as it’s too artificial but as a compromise definitely the second half one. It’s usually very half hearted.
About 2003/04 i think, or sometime around then.

I had a season ticket from 02/03 to 06/07 and it definitely started at some point during that time. I think it might be the semi final season actually, introduced on the back of the Peter Ndlovu song going down so well when we scored.

I have to wonder about people voting 'yes' what they want the match day experience to be? Like someone else has said its gets the fans going & singing in union, players have said hearing it gets them fired up. It's also our anthem.

I appreciate the Yes people are probably thinking lets still sing it without being prompted, but our atmosphere is pretty shite at home recently so we clearly need prompting

Simple question. Should Gary St Clair (the compère without compare) stop playing Annie’s Song before kick off?
Damned if they do, dammed if they don’t.
I’ve heard the kop trying to get it going during the game and mostly it’s been a pitiful response.
Personally, keep it. I love singing it and it’s great when 20k+ others song it together.

Back
Top Bottom