Annie’s Song

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Should Garyoke Stop Playing Annie’s Song

• Yes

Votes: 89 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 162 61.6%
  • Undecided/Other

Votes: 12 4.6%

• Total voters

BushBlade

Bullshit, Lies And Deceit Every Season
Reaction score
Simple question. Should Gary St Clair (the compère without compare) stop playing Annie’s Song before kick off?

Simple question. Should Gary St Clair (the compère without compare) stop playing Annie’s Song before kick off?

You appear to have neglected the option where he wears a cheerleaders outfit and twirls pom poms as the greatest anthem is pumped out. Easy mistake to make I spose.

I think we should just stop singing the song all together and make our own song up. I've got a few ideas.

Definitely get rid of the one at the start of the second half, it’s always a bit half hearted. i like to hear the one at the start of the game, the music gets everyone synchronised and some big games it can be quite spine-tingling. I’m fairly sure it would happen spontaneously anyhow but maybe not so many people.

Unfortunately, I feel it’s become a bit of a chore that we must do before a game. I personally don’t like the song and think it’s a bit of a slow meandering dirge. Yes, we’ve made it our song, but I wish it was a little more up beat and inspiring. When we crank up the volume for “We are Blades” it makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. Also what an anthem “Shoreham Boy’s” would be, if we could make the words less oafish and misogynistic…Where’s all the singer/songwriters gone on t’kop?

Fun fact: Gary Sinclair doesn't play the music.

Unfortunately, I feel it’s become a bit of a chore that we must do before a game. I personally don’t like the song and think it’s a bit of a slow meandering dirge. Yes, we’ve made it our song, but I wish it was a little more up beat and inspiring. When we crank up the volume for “We are Blades” it makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. Also what an anthem “Shoreham Boy’s” would be, if we could make the words less oafish and misogynistic…Where’s all the singer/songwriters gone on t’kop?
We are blades is so simple but a personal favourite because like you say when the crowd gets into it they really get into it!

Back
Top Bottom