Annie’s Song

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Should Garyoke Stop Playing Annie’s Song

• Yes

Votes: 89 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 162 61.6%
  • Undecided/Other

Votes: 12 4.6%

• Total voters

They should have a poll then. I’m not a fan of piped music.. or those clapper things.. I’m not that fussed on half time “entertainment” and I loath music when teams score.. add that to the other things I don’t like about football (VAR, sitting down, international breaks, fixtures moved for tv, VAR again) and I sometimes wonder why I love football so much!

Compromise:

We keep Annie's Song at kick-off BUT Gary has to give up all the annoying tunes he's been playing for the last two or three decades now. There weren't that many Da Hool fans even in the 90's.

I'd rather open with "Fuck 'em all, fuck 'em all, the long and the short and the tall", but sadly that would never happen thanks to various pearl-clutchers and proponents of the "We're a family-club" brand of fucking tosspottery.

Maybe move away from football songs altogether and play 'Frankie Teardrop' by Suicide or 'Hamburger Lady' by Throbbing Gristle, or perhaps the live version of 'A Screw' from Swans' 1986 album Public Castration Is A Good Idea.

Summat to unsettle the opposition and make us look cool as fuck in the process.
Nah, go big or go home. "Too Drunk To Fuck" by the Dead Kennedys please.

Simple question. Should Gary St Clair (the compère without compare) stop playing Annie’s Song before kick off?
Once again I'm in the minority but I just don't see the point in it.

IIRC this was a song that was sung around kick off before the prompt, so not sure what value it adds. Like much of Garyoke's output to be fair

About 2003/04 i think, or sometime around then.

I had a season ticket from 02/03 to 06/07 and it definitely started at some point during that time. I think it might be the semi final season actually, introduced on the back of the Peter Ndlovu song going down so well when we scored.
Thanks Nade, that's my foggy recollection too. Have to say i used to love Ndlovu song when we scored under warnock.

At away games, a small section of lpud fans are all together. Even then, I often don't hear the start of the chant.

At home it would be dreadful, you'd only hear the last two lines.

I'd rather open with "Fuck 'em all, fuck 'em all, the long and the short and the tall", but sadly that would never happen thanks to various pearl-clutchers and proponents of the "We're a family-club" brand of fucking tosspottery.

Maybe move away from football songs altogether and play 'Frankie Teardrop' by Suicide or 'Hamburger Lady' by Throbbing Gristle, or perhaps the live version of 'A Screw' from Swans' 1986 album Public Castration Is A Good Idea.

Summat to unsettle the opposition and make us look cool as fuck in the process.
Hamburger Lady is an absolute classic. Saw Genesis.P et al supporting The Cabs at Sheffield Uni. Sadly unbeknownst to me I was coming down with chicken pox so the night was not an enjoyable one.

Hamburger Lady is an absolute classic. Saw Genesis.P et al supporting The Cabs at Sheffield Uni. Sadly unbeknownst to me I was coming down with chicken pox so the night was not an enjoyable one.

I would've bloody loved to have seen Cabaret Voltaire in their pomp. Richard H. Kirk revived the 'band' name a few years ago, but unfortunately he died before I had the chance. His final recordings are excellent.

Back
Top Bottom