Anel needs dropping

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Makes you wonder if he’s checked out and after a move in January. The change in his attitude is significant

He shit his pants yesterday no doubt..

Looked like he'd got smirnoff in the water bottle..

The rest of them we're just as pissed up or hungover too

Rode our luck up to now but got found out, the prem is out of reach now without a billionaire owner.. even when you get there..

It's a whole new ball game...

4 subs worth 220m... What do we expect.?

It seemed to me that we got carried away and broke from the style that has seen us go close so far. They pressed us high and very effectively. Without McBurnie, we had no out ball and were second to every challenge. If we are going to stay up (and I still think it can be done) we have to accept that a tight defence and smash and grab attack is our only chance. However, unless we can shore up defensively in Jan and get some height in the team I think we’re stuffed.

Anel and Egan both had a shocker - no two ways about it. Norwood was anonymous after the first half hour. Hamer didn't show up. Souza just got bypassed.

Not sure what the solution is. I thought Robinson would be the weak link this year, but he's been decent. He's not the tallest though, so Trusty may be useful aerially.

It would be a student role for George, but thoughts on Bogle - Baldock - Anel - Trusty - Thomas as a back line?

Egan as captain is a monumental misjudgment of character by Hecky - he is never a leader , just a quiet man who's content to fart around at the back and hope that his oppo isn't too strong or tall , which this season is a forlorn hope.

Reactions: RWE
It seemed to me that we got carried away and broke from the style that has seen us go close so far. They pressed us high and very effectively. Without McBurnie, we had no out ball and were second to every challenge. If we are going to stay up (and I still think it can be done) we have to accept that a tight defence and smash and grab attack is our only chance. However, unless we can shore up defensively in Jan and get some height in the team I think we’re stuffed.

Your theory is sound..

Until you get to 65 minutes, they bring 4 world class players on, and the ref called 16 minutes extra time..

Ironically just enough time for them to adjust to the game and have an impact.

Funny that isn't it..

Is that a lot of money for a football player ?

Does this mean he is any good/proven in the PL.

Bring back JOC.
We haven't had , nor are we likely to have , a top class physically dominant CB since JoC got crocked.
To think that we lost Harry Maguire for buttons , and JoC for less , is galling when you think that little clubs like us need luck to progress.

We haven't had , nor are we likely to have , a top class physically dominant CB since JoC got crocked.
To think that we lost Harry Maguire for buttons , and JoC for less , is galling when you think that little clubs like us need luck to progress.
Agree 100%

I know I'm banging the drum a little here but the 5 sub thing has fucked the promoted teams forever..

The players coming on for Spurs and Newcastle are world beaters.

Our team are out on thier feet.. On they come..

It's a closed shop without a billionaire in the seat..

I'll admit he's not been good but it's no way near as bad as that. I've also been a regular since 1971 and off the top of my head can think of Dougie Brown, Nicky John's, Dean Hammond, Main Wolford.

Anel needs moving to the centre of defence and Egan is the player to make way. Not sure why Trusty hasn't had a game yet. We paid £5 million for him.
£5 million for a player in the Prem is the equivalent of paying 50k for a player in the Championship and wondering why they aren't starting. £5 million buys you a Championship player, maybe one with potential. See Traore, Slimani, Osborn, Bogle, Lowe etc.

Before you know it they will be bringing on special teams just to take a free kick or such, like they do in the NFL.

£5 million for a player in the Prem is the equivalent of paying 50k for a player in the Championship and wondering why they aren't starting. £5 million buys you a Championship player, maybe one with potential. See Traore, Slimani, Osborn, Bogle, Lowe etc.

Or half of a Jordan Rhodes.

It's ironic that Trusty was bought as an upgrade for what everyone thought would be the liability on defense, and now Robinson has arguably been the team's best defender and Trusty can't get any minutes.
I agree with people saying that Anel looked better in the middle. He seems to be more comfortable there.
Maybe drop Egan for a game or two and give Trusty a shot at RCB? I know he's left-footed, but he can't do worse than what Anel showed yesterday. 🤷‍♂️

The defensive issues started a long way in front of the defensive. The striker and the 10. No pressing pattern from them or the midfielders or wingbacks. No holding up of the ball. Few headers won. The defense was completely exposed and overloaded numerous times. That said headed balls have been an issue all season. Doubtless exacerbated by the loss of Mcburnie and Baldock yesterday.

New father might be having trouble with his new babie,or his missus might have post natal problems all these could affect his performance and his reluctance to go on international duty.

Given how well Anel played this year and the likelihood it is that we go down, a slightly perverse thought is that it perhaps checks his desire to move or for other clubs to lump on him.

We know he is excellent in the Championship.

Robbo, Trusty, him, Baldock, Bogle, Egan, Norrington-Davies hopefully, possibly got some decent defensive options with Wes too.

Throw in Arblaster doing bits in League One and there are options for next year.

N'Diaye played a big part. The only issue is, assuming we can keep McBurnie, who can emerge to pair with him next year, because if we do go down, then Archer will not be staying. Ideally one of Jebbison, Osula, Traore and Marsh steps forward or maybe Oné, though there seems some bizarre doubts on Jebbo, which I find peculiar given he's been unfit so often when he'd have been given a chance.

Back
Top Bottom