Anel needs dropping

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He needs a massive bollocking, and reminding that he's at risk of wrecking his reputation and any chance of a big transfer

He then needs moving centrally

Egan should be dropped and stripped of the captaincy

Hecky won't do any of this

Hecky dropped Norwood for the run in last season who had been a mainstay and key player for 4 years before that, so he has got it in him to make a big change. But like you I doubt whether he will do anything about Egan and reassign the captaincy. But he should at least be thinking about it for the team's and his own sake if he wants to keep this job.

He could start by being better than Robinson. Which he isn't. 5m well spent
He doesn’t have to play in Robinsons position, he’s a professional footballer I’m sure he could play anywhere at the back. I’d rather have a defender out of position than one that doesn’t give a fuck.

Can't single out any player yesterday all of them were garbage heads went collectively as soon as they scored. Championship you would lose 3-1 bad day at the office then go on a decent run, this league is very unforgiving i can see a few more heavy defeats before now and the end of the season we are simply nowhere near the quality levels required.

Anel was one of the few players in our squad I was confident would be able to step up to PL level. Sadly though he has been atrocious on the right side of the defence - only looked up to it when moved into the middle.

Throw in Egan's horrorshow defending and the one area of the team I thought we would be OK in is suddenly looking like our biggest weakness. We're constantly conceding from crosses and set pieces with 3 centre backs - simply shouldn't be happening. What on earth has happened to the organisation back there? I'm not just putting it down to better attackers. Some of the goals have been really simple crosses into the box that we would've cleared without thinking about it last season.

Anel was one of the few players in our squad I was confident would be able to step up to PL level. Sadly though he has been atrocious on the right side of the defence - only looked up to it when moved into the middle.

Throw in Egan's horrorshow defending and the one area of the team I thought we would be OK in is suddenly looking like our biggest weakness. We're constantly conceding from crosses and set pieces with 3 centre backs - simply shouldn't be happening. What on earth has happened to the organisation back there? I'm not just putting it down to better attackers. Some of the goals have been really simple crosses into the box that we would've cleared without thinking about it last season.
Its down to our new defensive coach ................Hudson

We went to a back 4 with Anel at RB what I don’t understand is instead of RB he was playing RWB leaving a gaping hole and no one seemed to address it. Baffled me

We need McBurnie back, he wins more headers from set pieces than the rest of the defence put together.

We need Furious Georgios Baldockios back.

Both GB and Egan went to international duty with knocks and came back more knocked.

Anel also had a knock pre international but stayed, yesterday he was limping during the second half so his injury might be deeper than thought and he may need to be rested against the Spam, so your wishes may be granted.

I don't think there's too much we can do with the defence in the short term that will make a massive difference:
  • Move Anel to CB and we'd have to play Bash.
  • Bringing in Trusty, would mean taking out Robinson or playing him at RCB (which is a big ask to play a new player in a less familiar position in a defence devoid of confidence).
  • Switching to a four would be huge change to introduce in a short turn around.

I think the best we can do is give the defence that started against Newcastle the first half against West Ham to redeem themselves. The only change I'd make is to bring in Baldock, a natural and vocal leader that was very much absent from the defence yesterday. Hopefully he can marshal the backline and get into Ahmedhodzic if his performance level slips again. Egan needs a stern talking to because his performance as captain was unacceptable. I'd also get Souza to sit just in front of the back four to provide added protection. I'm sure he's supposed to be doing this anyway but the space between defence and midfield yesterday was staggering.

People saying "who would we drop players for?" are missing the point. If we dropped all the players, resulting in a forfeited match, we'd only lose 3-0 which is a massive improvement on the last game

He needs a massive bollocking, and reminding that he's at risk of wrecking his reputation and any chance of a big transfer

He then needs moving centrally

Egan should be dropped and stripped of the captaincy

Hecky won't do any of this
II agree both of them have been shocking .You cant accept a showing like that if you are the manager without some one being dragged over the coals and paying the price . They need dropping the problem is who takes their place Trusty and another? Also I dont care for Egan being captain we need some one to kick a few arses.

As bad as it was yesterday I don’t think I’ve ever seen as bad a performance from a player in all my time watching United since 1971 as Anel’s, he was abysmal from start to finish, didnt close down, couldn’t be bothered to run with his man, didn’t look interested at all just didn’t want to be there. If Hecky’s doing his job correctly he shouldn’t be anywhere near the side v West Ham.
He’s been shocking all season.
I'll admit he's not been good but it's no way near as bad as that. I've also been a regular since 1971 and off the top of my head can think of Dougie Brown, Nicky John's, Dean Hammond, Main Wolford.

Anel needs moving to the centre of defence and Egan is the player to make way. Not sure why Trusty hasn't had a game yet. We paid £5 million for him.

Should have stuck him next to archer for the good he did at the back at least he'd have Challenged some headers

As bad as it was yesterday I don’t think I’ve ever seen as bad a performance from a player in all my time watching United since 1971 as Anel’s, he was abysmal from start to finish, didnt close down, couldn’t be bothered to run with his man, didn’t look interested at all just didn’t want to be there. If Hecky’s doing his job correctly he shouldn’t be anywhere near the side v West Ham.
He’s been shocking all season.

Not watched many of brewsters games then...

Anel looks like he's carrying an injury to me.. Great player when 100% fit

I don't think there's too much we can do with the defence in the short term that will make a massive difference:
  • Move Anel to CB and we'd have to play Bash.
  • Bringing in Trusty, would mean taking out Robinson or playing him at RCB (which is a big ask to play a new player in a less familiar position in a defence devoid of confidence).
  • Switching to a four would be huge change to introduce in a short turn around.

I think the best we can do is give the defence that started against Newcastle the first half against West Ham to redeem themselves. The only change I'd make is to bring in Baldock, a natural and vocal leader that was very much absent from the defence yesterday. Hopefully he can marshal the backline and get into Ahmedhodzic if his performance level slips again. Egan needs a stern talking to because his performance as captain was unacceptable. I'd also get Souza to sit just in front of the back four to provide added protection. I'm sure he's supposed to be doing this anyway but the space between defence and midfield yesterday was staggering.

The only thing I can think of is:

Baldock - Egan - Anel - Trusty - Thomas.

Might not work but could solve a few issues.
Need to try something. You're not going to just play your way into form after a 0-8 loss and that backline has been poor for half a dozen games now.

But they’ve got to be an improvement over a player who offered absolutely NOTHING yesterday, like I stated earlier worse performance by a player wearing the red & white since 1971 and trust me I’ve seen some shite down the years.
You don't like Anel do you🤔
Also there were several looked disinterested and clueless.Lack of leadership perhaps,no rallying captain.
Maybe some players feel that too.Harder sometimes to be at your best when you're skippers awol.
Anel's been a stalwart in many games so to single him out for yesterday I think is unfair.
I've seen some utter dogshit in my time and I think you might be exaggerating🤔.
Billy wouldn't have allowed that debacle yesterday he'd have done his captains job.
Perhaps Anel is a more natural leader but gets pissed off with covering Egan a la JOC.
Pure speculation of course.🙏
We have no idea what's affecting players either may be the case with Egan.
I just don't think he inspires.
Overall,Anel would inspire me more.
Egan did himself no favours playing for Ireland when less than fit at our expense.
All opinions of course mate.
Happy to compile a list of said dogshit.Make some good bedtime reading👍

A lot of the players were off it yesterday but they didn’t show a lack of interest like Anel which is unforgivable. Let’s reward him every time he can’t be arsed by keep on picking him then.
Makes you wonder if he’s checked out and after a move in January. The change in his attitude is significant

He was on a booking after 28 mins, couldnt go near the lad. In fairness Gordon was on fire yesterday and looked very good i thought. Also, did you see the space that they had down the flanks second half??? He got played as right back (until bash came on) and was up against two all the time. Hecky had a shocker at half time with that formation, which he clearly saw and tried to revert back to a 5 at the back near the end with bash. Anel was poor yesterday, no doubting that, but i think just about all of them were, players heads went and they stopped with the workrate. Not good enough but sometimes it happens. We'll see a very different approach from them next week
Yes, Anel was on a booking and that booking was a senseless challenge on a player out wide and heading away from danger. That set the tone for the rest of his performance.

He was on a booking after 28 mins, couldnt go near the lad. In fairness Gordon was on fire yesterday and looked very good i thought. Also, did you see the space that they had down the flanks second half??? He got played as right back (until bash came on) and was up against two all the time. Hecky had a shocker at half time with that formation, which he clearly saw and tried to revert back to a 5 at the back near the end with bash. Anel was poor yesterday, no doubting that, but i think just about all of them were, players heads went and they stopped with the workrate. Not good enough but sometimes it happens. We'll see a very different approach from them next week
You’re right on the lack of a tactical response. We were getting ripped out wide, nobody seemed to know whether to stay in the channels or engage the wide men. When they did, we opened up huge gaps down the middle of the park. Norwood was nowhere to be seen, doing what he always does when pressed, dropping deeper and deeper.

Back
Top Bottom