Anel needs dropping

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
As bad as it was yesterday I don’t think I’ve ever seen as bad a performance from a player in all my time watching United since 1971 as Anel’s, he was abysmal from start to finish, didnt close down, couldn’t be bothered to run with his man, didn’t look interested at all just didn’t want to be there. If Hecky’s doing his job correctly he shouldn’t be anywhere near the side v West Ham.
He’s been shocking all season.

Marauding forward and scoring goals in the Championship is miles away from doing it in the Prem.
Dropping him, would do neither him or the team any good.
A lot of players were way off it yesterday, so do you drop them all?
We have shown in games that we can compete but i don't think that our very best performances will be enough to keep us up.

Anel played centrally has been a great success - with limited evidence - see Spurs (last season) and the first 80 mins of Spurs this season (until he was unforgivably moved for the last 10 to 25 mins). Putting him on Gordon, when already booked, was again bizarre and made him reluctant to engage for fear of a second yellow. Egan to me has been the weak spot.

Basham, Trusty would both do better than Anel at the moment. Why would you want to play an uninterested player?
I wouldn’t but would our players in reserve improve us, I don’t think they will and that’s what I think we’re disagreeing on WT.

Marauding forward and scoring goals in the Championship is miles away from doing it in the Prem.
We have shown in games that we can compete but i don't think that our very best performances will be enough to keep us up.
A lot of the players were off it yesterday but they didn’t show a lack of interest like Anel which is unforgivable. Let’s reward him every time he can’t be arsed by keep on picking him then.

I wouldn’t but would our players in reserve improve us, I don’t think they will and that’s what I think we’re disagreeing on WT.
But they’ve got to be an improvement over a player who offered absolutely NOTHING yesterday, like I stated earlier worse performance by a player wearing the red & white since 1971 and trust me I’ve seen some shite down the years.

Egan is rightly getting questioned, but for me Anel has been even worse and seeing the highlights this morning backs that up. He really was allover the place.

But they’ve got to be an improvement over a player who offered absolutely NOTHING yesterday, like I stated earlier worse performance by a player wearing the red & white since 1971 and trust me I’ve seen some shite down the years.
He played well against Spurs though literally 7 days ago when played centrally. He was shite yesterday but if we dropped players who had a bad game or two every now and then we wouldn’t be able to put a team out.

Drop Anel, take it not been to matches then this season?? Bar yesterday he's been decent, particularly as the central one of the three, superb against Everton and same at Spurs. For some reason Hecky dropped one at Spurs and moved him to wing back when Bogle went off, which didnt help our cause at all. Yesterday was rubbish all way round, no one did well really. McAtee was very good for 20 mins, Thomas got further forward than any wing back all season at the start of the game too. But the giving of the ball away which led to the first of two throw ins which led to the first goal was awful. And it just went downhill from there

Anel so far hasn't made the seamless jump up I expected.

I do wonder if he'll be better centrally at this level though. Is Bash up to 90 mins at PL level regularly though.

There was no leadership whatsoever second half and very little talking at all.

Anel was one of those who looked like he'd turned it in a bit.

He played well against Spurs though literally 7 days ago when played centrally. He was shite yesterday but if we dropped players who had a bad game or two every now and then we wouldn’t be able to put a team out.
It was worse than a bad game though he wasn’t interested and put no effort in at all he just let his man go past him and stood and watched. He’s also been poor all season and was at fault for Spurs winner.

I also dont get the hammering Egan's getting. Yes he's not played well, that's obvious. But he didnt play well for 18 months in the top flight after Covid struck. Id argue at times he wasnt great in Championship the last two seasons but was steady enough. None of this can come as a surprise to people

Why will playing central improve his awful attitude?
How far back to see his awful attitude? I'm hoping it's a blip. As he's proven he is a quality player who contributes goals. Runs, offensive play hasn't been seen much this season. But I'm not ready to give up on him. Or Egan.

The whole setup needs a big rethink, 5 at the back may well be a thing of the past for us now. But then that brings in other issues. We are in serious bother here.

I also dont get the hammering Egan's getting. Yes he's not played well, that's obvious. But he didnt play well for 18 months in the top flight after Covid struck. Id argue at times he wasnt great in Championship the last two seasons but was steady enough. None of this can come as a surprise to people
Agree. I got pelters the other month for saying we needed to do a Forest & sign a complete new side. None of them are good enough for this level.

It was worse than a bad game though he wasn’t interested and put no effort in at all he just let his man go past him and stood and watched. He’s also been poor all season and was at fault for Spurs winner.
He was on a booking after 28 mins, couldnt go near the lad. In fairness Gordon was on fire yesterday and looked very good i thought. Also, did you see the space that they had down the flanks second half??? He got played as right back (until bash came on) and was up against two all the time. Hecky had a shocker at half time with that formation, which he clearly saw and tried to revert back to a 5 at the back near the end with bash. Anel was poor yesterday, no doubting that, but i think just about all of them were, players heads went and they stopped with the workrate. Not good enough but sometimes it happens. We'll see a very different approach from them next week

I d
I don't get this we can compete, sticking 11 men behind the ball and nicking a goal isn't competing having 133 shots against you in 6 games isn't competing its smacks of surviving. We tried to compete yesterday for the 1st 10-15mins & then look what happened to us. We just aren't good enough & yesterday's scoreline won't be the only hammering we recieve this season unless something drastically changes be that management, tactics or mindset I don't know but something has to.

Back
Top Bottom