above average

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

judge

Reaction score
We are above average in an atrocious league

Will make play offs
wont go up

Oldham are a strong team with Premier players. They have a good run of form. We are yet to get our strikers back. I too, believe we will go up.

Oldham are a strong team with Premier players. They have a good run of form. We are yet to get our strikers back. I too, believe we will go up.
In the first half I could've sworn they had Benteke upfront and Edgar Davids pulling the strings. We were lucky to go in only 1 down that's for sure.

Abysmal 1st half. They played two proper strikers and ran at us, we played a midfielder on his own up front and continually went sideways.

Better 2nd half - due mainly to JCR running at them. .

It's as if Clough forbids the team from attacking in any numbers until we go behind.

Incredible attendance again.

I bet Arsenal drew a home game the year they went unbeaten too

Stevie May Stevie May , he gets the ball
But he scores fuck all
Stevie Stevie May

owls scoring sensation stevie may
download rs.jpg

We are closing in on chelsea

Hey with our finances it's like being the Chelsea of league one. Where would we be without the Prince? And the value per pound Jim Phipps represents makes me glad we have him instead of Nick Blackman, Quinn and Harry Maguire.

They didn't win once.so,just,goes,to,show

Of course, when we had our strikers they warmed the bench until late on.

If our first half performances were replicated we'd be in the relegation zone.

Why we persist with the slow laborious build up until the games more than half gone is beyond me.

The stats don't lie and the manager should surely see this?

UTB

Whilst he still seems popular on here, the clear impression I get at the Lane is that most fans are starting to get pissed off with Clough's slow and negative tactics. It's absolutely awful to watch and doesn't work. It takes us half an hour to mount an attack and it rarely leads to an attempt on goal. The goals we have scored and points we've gained have generally come when we have ditched Clough's abysmal tactics late on in an attempt to get something out of the game.

He approaches every game as if we are playing away to Barcelona.

Whilst he still seems popular on here, the clear impression I get at the Lane is that most fans are starting to get pissed off with Clough's slow and negative tactics. It's absolutely awful to watch and doesn't work. It takes us half an hour to mount an attack and it rarely leads to an attempt on goal. The goals we have scored and points we've gained have generally come when we have ditched Clough's abysmal tactics late on in an attempt to get something out of the game.

He approaches every game as if we are playing away to Barcelona.

Agree with you in part but if you are going to flay him for crap initial tactics you have to praise him for changing it. Unless he puts Morgan in charge for the second half of course?

Agree with you in part but if you are going to flay him for crap initial tactics you have to praise him for changing it. Unless he puts Morgan in charge for the second half of course?

1-0 down, Baxter doing nothing and crying out for some pace - so he brings JCR on. I think 99.9% of those there would have done the same - hardly a tactical master-stroke!. How about him trying to win a game from the start?

1-0 down, Baxter doing nothing and crying out for some pace - so he brings JCR on. I think 99.9% of those there would have done the same - hardly a tactical master-stroke!. How about him trying to win a game from the start?

Robson wouldn't have :)

The problem today was 5 players had an off day and played poorly ,which include Murphy and Baxter who you would expect to score the goals ,and our 2 main strikers had sick notes. Mcarthy ,Jay and Alcock were the others btw.

The problem today was 5 players had an off day and played poorly ,which include Murphy and Baxter who you would expect to score the goals ,and our 2 main strikers had sick notes. Mcarthy ,Jay and Alcock were the others btw.
I thought Jay was ok apart from the mess he made that resulted in his booking. Alcock probably played the worst game of his career and McCarthy is completely incapable of passing a football.

Back
Top Bottom