CW v Hecky

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yep, Brewster, Lowe, Mcburnie, Osborne, Norwood, fleck etc... its going to be a very difficult 😕

if only had the golden generation wilder left hecky to choose from like Brewster, Lowe, Mcburnie, Osborne, Norwood, fleck etc
Funny that when you do a direct comparison Wilder more then doubles Heckys points in the PL.

But ignore the players he left like Ndiaye / Mcburnie (how you have him on the bad list 😂) Berge / Bogle / Egan / Robbo etc.

Your hatred just clouds your judgment and makes you look silly.

Not really a contest. Under Hecky, we didn’t look like winning games of football. It was lacklustre, devoid of any kind of attacking intent and defensively weak.

We’ve seen a pretty steep improvement in terms of effort and chance creation under Wilder. Defensively there are still problems, but they’re always going to exist in the premier league. Going into next season’s championship, the club absolutely have to be 100% behind Wilder in every aspect or were fucked.

Agree.....I'm a bit of a happy clapper and don't go for this..... look at me.....exaggerate your point style.

However in my 50 years watching us I've never felt so much like "what's the point in going because we've lost" before a ball was kicked.
For the 1st time ever.....I'm thinking we'll struggle to win a single game because we were so far below the standard.
Incredibly some of the matches under Hecky we rarely crossed the half way line......the players looked like they'd just met the day before and we didn't seem to have a plan or obvious tactics......never seen anything like it before.

My theory in defence of Hecky is that last season his tactics were developed around N'Diaye.
During Summer pre-season he knew it would be tough but at least he had his main man, N Diaye.
Then when he was sold a week before the season ended, it basically destroyed Heckys pre season plans and chances.
I believe Bettis will have passed on the message "don't worry about relegation....we know you've been dealt a bad hand and we want you to try to us be promoted in the Championship next season"

So Hecky knew the pressure was off....but he took it literally and stopped trying to win. His only plan was not to be thrashed.
Think this attitude of "no pressure" was passed on to the players, so both the manager and players kind of gave up.

The Prince has recently admitted that Hecky wasn't relegated based on results, it was the performances that got him the sack.
Now we're playing how I expected us to play, we look a very strong Championship thats not quite good enough for the PL....I can live with that.

Last edited:
He steadied the ship, got us up and that kept us afloat - for that we will always be grateful

I hope he lands a job soon tho, as the more Wilder does well with the same squad, the more the ‘free hit’ becomes a myth as it becomes evident he just didn’t have a clue
Yeah Hecky deserves some credit really. To inherit what he did with morale so low and then get you back up was a decent achievement in reality. You could argue though, that he left the squad much worse and morale just as low as what he inherited in the end.

Hecky is a good example of the difference between a coach and a manager. A coach might get results for a short while, improve some players and actually might even have an attractive style initially. But as time goes on, you see the deficits appear clearly because a coach will struggle to adapt to other managers working you out, evolving the squad and team, and having a general plan for the football club that is all cohesive and fitting together. You look down the Leagues and many 'managers' are getting fired after a few months because they are either new managers, or coaches turned managers, and there is a huge difference.

Funny that when you do a direct comparison Wilder more then doubles Heckys points in the PL.

But ignore the players he left like Ndiaye / Mcburnie (how you have him on the bad list 😂) Berge / Bogle / Egan / Robbo etc.

Your hatred just clouds your judgment and makes you look silly.
That would be Ndaiye who hecky brought through the youth team, gave his debut and started giving regular game time, a player who didnt get a look in under wilder and a player wilder was going to get rid of .... your lack of knowledge and hatred makes you look very silly

That would be Ndaiye who hecky brought through the youth team, gave his debut and started giving regular game time, a player who didnt get a look in under wilder and a player wilder was going to get rid of .... your lack of knowledge and hatred makes you look very silly
Again incorrect. Your really good at this.

Wilder signed him, Wilder was negotiating his contract before he left so he clearly rated him.

He didn’t get a look in as he wouldn’t sign his new deal. You cannot throw a a superstar into PL games with no contract as he gets put into the shop window for free. Again a clever move by CW. So Slav did well at getting him to sign his new deal.

Hecky for sure helped him grow but he was mainly training with the first team most days. You see it now the decent U23s are always training with the first team.

But Hecky for sure had a good impact on him.

But back to the original post Hecky is light years behind CW. I hope Hecky will have a great career moving forward and should be seen very highly.

Again incorrect. Your really good at this.

Wilder signed him, Wilder was negotiating his contract before he left so he clearly rated him.

He didn’t get a look in as he wouldn’t sign his new deal. You cannot throw a a superstar into PL games with no contract as he gets put into the shop window for free. Again a clever move by CW. So Slav did well at getting him to sign his new deal.

Hecky for sure helped him grow but he was mainly training with the first team most days. You see it now the decent U23s are always training with the first team.

But Hecky for sure had a good impact on him.

But back to the original post Hecky is light years behind CW. I hope Hecky will have a great career moving forward and should be seen very highly.
That is correct

What, the game where they had 70% possession, 28 shots at goal and 15 corners to our 2.

2-1 was a fair result based on the 120,000 minutes played
Agree, our only tactic in that game was lump it forward and try to win a throw in in their half for JLT.

The same Hecky who would not give Brooks a go.

He was given regular game time soon as he signed a contract and before Hecky took over from Slav

Back
Top Bottom