381st on rich list

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

dingledog

Reaction score
Kevin McCabe is worth £180 million according to the sunday times rich list. Doesn't mention bankrupting the blades.

Pah! - Wot you lot dont realise is the amount of money, hard work and ingenuity that McCabe has injected into this Club to get them where they are today.

McCabe, his son, Birchy and Steer have all worked tirelessly to realise the "Blades Way"

And as a measure of clear success, I would point you to the Fitted Carpet in the Directors Box, when sat in there it doesnt even seem like a Football Ground any longer

Pah! - Wot you lot dont realise is the amount of money, hard work and ingenuity that McCabe has injected into this Club to get them where they are today.

McCabe, his son, Birchy and Steer have all worked tirelessly to realise the "Blades Way"

And as a measure of clear success, I would point you to the Fitted Carpet in the Directors Box, when sat in there it doesnt even seem like a Football Ground any longer

Because its not any more, McCabe just wants more money.

Do you think Abramovich has made his money back at Chelsea? If you want a business that you can make money from, you don't own a football club.

Simple as that.

Do you think Abramovich has made his money back at Chelsea? If you want a business that you can make money from, you don't own a football club.

Simple as that.
I agree unless you want launder billions of dollars from dodgy dealings, then the best thing to own is a football club.

How do you make a small fortune out of a football club?

Start with a huge one.

With the special exemptions of

Matrtin Edwards
The Glazers
John Hall
Freddy Shepherd
Alan Sugar
Bill Hicks
George Gillett
Danny Fizsman
David Dein
Ken Bates
Milan Mandaric
Doug Ellis
Peter Johnson
Gollivan
Rupert Lowe........

Heres what I found since 2005 for McCabe

Year - Rank - Worth
2005 - 547 - 90 Million
2006 - 444 - 125 Million
2007 - 304 - 240 Million
2008 - 397 - 200 Million
2009 - 322 - 175 Million

Where do I appear on the list? I've got 50p, a couple of foreign coins and a button.

Heres what I found since 2005 for McCabe

Year - Rank - Worth
2005 - 547 - 90 Million
2006 - 444 - 125 Million
2007 - 304 - 240 Million
2008 - 397 - 200 Million
2009 - 322 - 175 Million

He's done alright considering the property bubble burst. I thought he was brassic!

So hes lost 60m since the start of the downturn in 07. To be honest I dont blame the fella for choosing to keep hold of his own money.

So hes lost 60m since the start of the downturn in 07. To be honest I dont blame the fella for choosing to keep hold of his own money.

I don't. I blame him for spunking all our ours though.

UTB

means fook all ..............................
most of it will be in assets and there worth what somebody will pay..... and then McCabe has the choice whether to accept or not.

means fook all ..............................
most of it will be in assets and there worth what somebody will pay..... and then McCabe has the choice whether to accept or not.

You sticking up for him here?

As you say he's lost big time and even so most, if not all, of his wealth is not in real cash.

You sticking up for him here?

As you say he's lost big time and even so most, if not all, of his wealth is not in real cash.

heyup SF ....................

Mr McCabe won't leave money at the bank with interest rates so low ...... he can't be skint he's too smart......however he might just might have cash flow problems......he won't want to liquidate assets as most are in property and prices are subdued :eek: ......................... perhaps he could cash in The Blades ? :D

His paper value is still double what it was 6 years ago and his maximum value was at the height of the property bubble.

Very rich man uses profile of football club to help remain very rich man.
Same very rich man makes an utter balls-up of running the football club but in his overall scheme of things, does it really matter?
Clearly not, he's still a very rich man.

Anyone know where Piggy Mandaric is on the list? I'm fairly sure he's way below McCabe.

the league position is bad but the academy seems to be bearing fruit and the ground was embarassing before he took over

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

i seem to remember that all his money(mandaric) is in some kind of american holding company ,so he doesnt show as having much personal wealth

I wonder if the £60m you refer to, is the £60m he says he's ploughed into the club? ;)
id say mr mccabe is doing very well in the far east and china ,property values in china have risen eight fold in the last 5 years ,hes ploughed millions in over there in topspring and rainbow department stores hes going to make a killing on those ,now remind me how he got his contacts in china .

now remind me how he got his contacts in china .

The bird in the Chineeeeese restraunt down the Wicker introduced him to some of her ex clients ! :eek:
Say hello to the Beighton mob on BladesMad for me.........that two hat mod on there banned me for life.......moaning cnut he is.

is it not possible that he would have gone into those markets anyway and that he saw it as something that could be beneficial to the club ?
might interest you to know that the chinese arent really interested in football so i doubt owning a club carrys enough prestige to open doors in the property market ,its like saying he wouldnt have any interests in scarborough if it wasnt for sheffield united

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

The bird in the Chineeeeese restraunt down the Wicker introduced him to some of her ex clients ! :eek:
Say hello to the Beighton mob on BladesMad for me.........that two hat mod on there banned me for life.......moaning cnut he is.
you ever considered using spellcheck ?

is it not possible that he would have gone into those markets anyway and that he saw it as something that could be beneficial to the club ?
might interest you to know that the chinese arent really interested in football so i doubt owning a club carrys enough prestige to open doors in the property market ,its like saying he wouldnt have any interests in scarborough if it wasnt for sheffield united

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

you ever considered using spellcheck ?
so buying chendu didnt help him in the chinese property market? ,it was his foothold into the country as a western buisness man ,and hes going to do very nicely out of it ,shame we arnt

What about Hungarians Judge, are they interested in football?

i dont buy it ,knowing what i do about chinese governance and their strict laws that are made to deter outsiders from exploiting their market i think its more likely he was allready one foot in the door long before sheffield united got involved

just cant see anyone being that immpressed with a second tier football club to suddenly start letting their chairman build his own empire there

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

What about Hungarians Judge, are they interested in football?
as far as i know yes they are raul ,so interested that if someone buys a football club there it gives them carte blanche to rebuild the country

Back
Top Bottom